Posts by Jimi71

Hey Kemper Fans,

Our new Top Jimi Cantrell 100 Pack for the Kemper Profiling Amplifier (38 profiles) is available now!

Seeking to Recreate the Sound of: Friedman JJ-100 Jerry Cantrell Signature Head (100 Watts)

Speakers Used During the Profiling Process: Celestion Vintage 30 and Early 70s Celestion 25W Greenback

Min to Max Gain Range (Scale: 0 to 10): 0 to 8

Profile Type: Studio and Merged

The word 'massive' comes to mind when playing these profiles. The amp used to make these profiles is perfectly dialed in for huge-sounding heavy riffing. The cleans are reminiscent of a Vox AC-30 set at low-to-mid volumes. These profiles work equally-well with humbucker or single-coil pickups. Love this pack!

Friedman JJ-100 Background Info: The JJ-100 is a 100-Watt, two channel, EL34-powered beast. The overdrive channel includes a selection for 'BE' or 'JBE' modes, with BE being similar to other Friedman amps and JBE providing higher gain and a special tonal voice specific to this amp.

Let us know what you think!

Thanks,
    Jimi :thumbup:

http://topjimi.com/NEW-Cantrel…-CANTRELL100-20180129.htm

We're happy to announce the Top Jimi Black Majik Pack for the Kemper Profiling Amplifier (34 Profiles)!

Seeking to recreate the sound of: Supro Black Magick combo (25 Watts)

Speakers Used During the Profiling Process: Supro BD12; early 70s Celestion G12M Greenback

Min to Max Gain Range (Scale: 0 to 10): 0 to 5

This pack just exudes vintage cool! Some really great rock and roll tones to be had. The use of a second speaker (in addition to the stock one) gives additional tonal variation.

Supro Black Magick Background Info: The Black Magick is a modified Supro just like the one loaned by Jimmy Page to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum. The amp uses the cabinet dimensions from a ‘59 Supro 2 x 10 and replaces the baffle with a 1 x 12 to house a custom, British voiced speaker that was specially developed for the Black Magick amp. The preamp found in the Black Magick features two channels wired in parallel, with independent volume controls and a single, shared tone control.

Check it out and let us know what you think! :thumbup:

-Jimi

http://topjimi.com/NEW-Black-Majik-Pack-BLACK-MAJIK.htm

Hi,

Angus used the Shaffer for Back in Black and then didn’t go back to it until recently. I bought one and tried it for the Back in Black profiles, but wasn’t able to get a good sound using it. So it’s not in the pack, but I think the tones are pretty convincing without it.

-Jimi

Hey Kemper Fans,

We're happy to announce the "Ecstatic" Pack for the Kemper Profiling Amplifier (46 Profiles), which seeks to recreate the sound of a Bogner Ecstasy 101B Head (120 Watts).

Speakers Used During the Profiling Process: Early 70s Celestion G12M Greenback; Celestion Vintage 30

Min to Max Gain Range (Scale: 0 to 10): 0 to 8

This pack offers incredible tonal versatility. We had a lot of fun with the low gain channel by putting it in Class A mode and cranking up the power amp for smooth, musical cleans and overdrives. The mid gain channel offers incredibly useful overdrives for many genres. The high gain channel is perfect for heavy riffing or lead work. This pack even offers convincing Plexi tones.

Bogner Ecstasy 101B Background Info: The Ecstasy amplifier offers an incredible number of tonal options in one package. In addition to the usual EQ, gain and volume knobs, the Ecstasy includes selections for class A or A/B power amp, half power switch, EL-34 (120W) or 6L6 (100W) power tubes, 3 channels, Plexi mode, and various gain and EQ contour switches.

Check it out an let us know what you think!

-Jimi :thumbup:

Profiles available here: http://topjimi.com/NEW-Ecstatic-Pack-ECSTATIC-20171226.htm

Hey Kemper Fans,

We're happy to announce our latest profile pack, the Match 30 Pack (20 profiles). The Match 30 Pack seeks to recreate the sound of a Matchless HD-30 Head (30 Watts).

Speakers Used During the Profiling Process: Early 70s Celestion G12M Greenback; 1970 Celestion G12H-25 Greenback

Min to Max Gain Range (Scale: 0 to 10): 0 to 6

This pack offers a more modern take on vintage 30W British amp tones, as well as higher gain grit and drive. Useful for anything from country to blues to heavy rock. The profiles work great with either single coil or humbucker pickups. Great tones to be had!

Matchless HC-30 Background Info: The HC-30 is the head version of the DC-30 combo. Channel 1 of this boutique 2-channel head is voiced like a Vox AC30 on steriods. Channel 2 is a bit more modern, with more gain and grit.

Check 'em out, and let us know what you think.

Thanks,
    Jimi :thumbup:

Hi,

I think the difference between your recording and our demo is likely pickups. We use PAF style pickups (specifically Lindy Fralin Pure PAFs) which have about 9.0K impedance in the bridge. They have a full sound with plenty of definition. It's a good neutral reference pickup to build profiles around, which we hope will make our profiles sound good to the largest number of people. I don't have as set of EMG 81/85's available to test with, but they probably have more of a mid-focused sound based on similar active pickups I've used in the past.

When we do our demos, it's just Kemper SPDIF out into the DAW so it's as pure as possible, just like you're doing. So the Kemper sound should be the same.

-Jimi

I've been looking for an Ecstasy, but haven't found one yet. Is there anything with the Uber profiles you're not happy with?

Thanks,
    Jimi

Glad you got it sorted out. When profiling, tweaking, or anything of the like, I have to take breaks and come back the next morning to make sure my ears didn't fatigue and lead me too far astray.

-Jimi

Hey Kemper Fans,

We're happy to announce the new "HighWatt Pack" from Top Jimi Profiles (31 Profiles), which seeks to recreate the sound of an all-original 1974 HIWATT Custom 100 DR103 (100 Watts).

Speakers Used During the Profiling Process: Vintage 12" Fane and 1970 Celestion 25W Greenback

Min to Max Gain Range (Scale: 0 to 10): 0 to 4

I love these profiles for vintage British, high-volume, crunch tones. The two speaker varieties used give the profiles very different flavors that are still from the same tonal family. Perfect for rock tones where you don't want to lose clarity of tone. Also fantastic for blues or country.

HIWATT DR103 Background Info: The DR103 is the amp that started it all for HIWATT. The preamp features high and low sensitivity inputs and normal and bright options on each. The amp uses Partridge transformers, EL34 power tubes, and produces less gain and more headroom than comparable Marshalls. HIWATT 4x12 cabinets were loaded with Fane speakers.

Profiles available here: http://topjimi.com

Thanks, and let us know what you think! :thumbup:

-Jimi