Posts by MrBig1964

My personal recommendation: treat the profiler like a real amp.
    Take your guitar with the strongest output and adjust clean sense.
    All other guitars will be in relation to this setting, a bit weaker of course, just like in real life, driving the rig a bit less.

... it's a view of the question which has some logic. I'm really tempted to go this way...

Been playing around with the Clean and Distortion sense tonite and I must say it doesn't effect the tone but I did find that the clean sense did have an impact on distortion sounds as well. I now have my Clean sense set at +1 and distortion sense set at -1. This results in no clipping/red light at all but if I turn clean sense to anything above +1 some of my distortion profiles give me a red light in the input

...which leads me to think that the Clean Sense setting is something like the input gain before an A/D stage. If it's something like that it's normally recommended to have the loudest signal without clipping to minimize S/N. In my case, for my lower level guitars, it would be turn Clean Sense to the max...

The issue here is that for some guitars (like the Teles) I never get a yellow LED even if I turn Clean Sense to the max... It's always in the green.
    For other more hotter pickups, I do get yellows and reds, and adjust Clean Sense according.

Does this means that for lower level guitars I should run Clean Sense into max setting?
    Or should I leave it as is in default?

Dear All,

I'm starting with my brand new KPA Rack and I have a question the manuals didn't help me to sort out.
    For different purposes, I use 6 or 7 very different guitars: a couple of Teles with very low level outputs, a Strat with Texas Specials pickups, a Strat with EMG lipstick active pickups, a couple of Les Pauls with "normal" humbuckers and an Ibanez with very hot Seymour Duncan humbuckers.

My question relates to the lower level guitars.

Is it advisable to increase the Clean Sense to the max (before getting the Input LED RED) or should I keep away from modifying the default settings?

In other words... If the Input LED doesn't clip into RED it's advisable to not messing around with Clean Sense?
    Or should I always adjust Clean Sense up to get the maximum S/N before clipping?
    Does it works like an input gain for a A/D stage?

I've already checked the manuals and some threads in this forum but almost everyone was discussing about reducing the level when the Input LED clips but not discussing if it is of any use to increase the setting of Clean Sense when the input is very low.

Thanks for your help.

Luis

Hi,

Does your Audiofire 4 have ADAT ports? Or is the AF4 without ADAT?
    What's the firmware version you have on it?

The older AF4 and AF8 (I have one of the later - the versions without ADAT ports) doesn't work OK with the latest firmware from Echo Audio (5.7.1).
    If you have one of these older interfaces, uninstall the Echo Console from your system, download version 4.8 of Echo Console from Echo Audio, run it on your Mac and downgrade the firmware of the interface to that version. Restart both the interface and your Mac.

I had the same problems as you and reverting to firmware 4.8 (recommended by Echo to all pre-ADAT interfaces) solved all problems I had with my AF8.

Regards