Posts by mdeeRocks

okay I'm finally close to purchasing my Kemper.. one thing I keep reading about is that with the unit you will never be able to experience the amp in room sound that you will with an actual tube amp...

My question is, could somebody please explain to me what exactly amp in a room sound means? I played on a camper with some powered FRFR speakers and it sounded like there was an amp in the room to me LOL..

Tinnitus. If one doesn't have it, they should not speak about the subject ;)

p.s Hook up your Kemper to a 4x12 and crank it to 10.

Kemper innovation has always been slow compared to other products IMO. This year it appears to be stalled.

Love the product, but this is disappointing.:/

Some unrelated facts

F22 Raptor

1997 First flight

2005 In service

2019 Still by far the most lethal fucking jet in the world

My arbitrary comment: Some products are made to last, yeah, I know it's alien concept for large part of population these days.

Just like what schreckmusic said. Kemper only has to encrypt the files in an update and this project dies a death on the spot. No need for lawyers or anything else.

what about 7 million (+/-1) profiles which are already out there?

Just to be transparent. I don't like what they are doing. This can potentially cost Kemper sales. I hope they fail/get stopped.

I just read the Slate thread on the gear page. You can’t load your own profiles, all profiles have to be created by the Overloud engineers. However, Slate states that there could be a submission service at some point in the future, meaning you can send profiles to Overloud for conversion. Whether that will be a free service is anyone’s guess, but I doubt it, considering the plugin only comes with 20 Rigs and there are expansion packs already planned.

So their "internal process"" is potentially a hardware Kemper > profile a setup > run a converter > profit.

I see they are addressing 3 most requested features.

• Amp in the room
    • Editor
    • "Effects are weak" (quotes are deliberate, effects were never "weak")

Well played!

Now, where is my red Kemper?!

I sure hope all those guys who said they don’t need an editor will chime in and announce they will refuse to use it. :)

Still don't need an editor, but will use when I need it, once a year maybe.

Great update by the way. I like how the new preset management works, looking forward to it. I'll celebrate when it's out.

Kemper officially reached classic status. Emulated in VST. Now, things get interesting from here. Since this looks like a Kemper clone/emulation, but Kemper itself profiles other amps, I think we getting into meta universe here. Simulation within simulation.

On a darker note, I wonder what CK thinks about it... "Overloud engineers to reproduce the famous amp profiles from one of the most popular hardware amp profiler"

For me that reads "we have reverse engineered .kpr files and we can load them into our own modelling engine"

Edit: I just checked their website, they don't word it like that.

"TH-U is able to load rig profiles created by sampling real setups.

The Rig To Model (R2M) proprietary technology allows Overloud engineers to sample and capture the response of an entire rig, including the nonlinear and dynamic response of the amplifier,"

Have you ever had to refresh or factory reset your kemper?

I know many digital devices benefit from a factory setting after a while and I wonder how the Kemper does over time. Only had mine for over a year.

No point unless you have a failure and asked to reset by support. It doesn't rot.

I had mine for I think 6 years now. Most innovative piece of guitar gear in last decade or so.