Posts by manelarregla

This is what I suppose about the interaction Dennis mentions:
    The electronic interaction of the amp with the speaker would be present in the DI profile. If we tap the speaker output of the amp with the speaker connected
    there will be a reactive load which will modify the sound of the amp, the DI sound will be different if we connect a resistive load.

You could use a silent reactive load too like the TT Tonehound or Torpedo Live and Reload.

I suppose that different speakers will have different impedance curves but the biggest difference will be between resistive and reactive loads.

Recently I converted some cab IRs with the old version of cabmaker.
    I know how they sound loaded in my DAW.
    When I loaded them in my KPA I disabled effects, amp and eq in the stack and played with my DI'd tube amp through it.
    It did not sound right.
    Sometimes I thought that I was hearing the direct signal in parallel with the cab IR.
    I guess that with the new separation and new cabmaker the KPA will behave like a normal IR loader which to me would be very welcome.

Has anybody had the same results when using the present version of cabmaker?

In mine the second tone control is for the middle and bridge pickups.
    I think all it took was soldering a tiny wire from one lug of the pickup selector to another.
    It's really usefull.
    Another thing that has a big impact in my strat sound is if the tremolo is set to float or decked, I happen to like both ways but they're quite different.
    Just like you, I also find many high gain rigs don't sound that good with a strat.
    Low output single coils sound open with little mids, humbuckers compress the high frequencies and sound tighter with or without distortion.
    Maple fingerboard strats and teles with .09 strings are the twangier and it's more difficult to find a suitable high gain rig for them in my experience.
    I don't like many bright and dry Marshall type sounds with the Fenders.

Thank you Viabcroce.
    Very good ideas. The pick parameter I've tried before and can help achieve a smoother legato sound when doing fast scales.
    We have used transient design plugins for legatizing some parts.
    We used a mixture of amp heads, a kemper, an axe effects and amp sims in the past but being sixteen people it was too cumbersome at the moment.
    I am quite happy with the sounds I get with amp sims for this project.
    It is not a good sound at all per se, and 30'' baritone guitars have a very different note envelope, the attack is way smoother.
    When I play with a pick I wish the attack was sharper so it would sound more propulsive and articulate.
    I've tried to get a similar sound with the profiler and have not succeded yet.
    I could profile the overdrive pedal and amp sim I use.

Untill now the Profiler has succeded for me at excellent sounding amps. But this flabby dark middy sound that I would not use in any other situation I have not achieved it yet tweaking rigs. Maybe I should import all the profiles I disliked and erased, find the most unimpressive ones and go from there. ;)

Thank you very much.

The noises of the hammer-ons and pull-offs and when you jump to another position of the fretboard are really difficult to avoid.
    The volume pedal is handy for minimizing noises when you jump or change to another string by rapidly fading in and out when the noise happens.
    Hammer-ons and pull-offs have to be executed with minimal strength but if it's too little the sound is interrupted.
    If the sound is bright the noises are apparently louder, if the sound is too dark it will sound very nice but it will resemble woodwinds more than strings.

A fretless guitar with flat wounds might be nice for this, I'd like to try one.
    tntent, the first time I used an ebow I noodled with it on the baritone for a couple of weeks and began to enjoy it a lot.
    Three years later I'm still trying to avoid those noises.

I liked the first sound better too.

I play in Sinfonity.
    We are a sixteen piece electric guitars and basses classical orchestra.
    I play cello and bassoon parts on a 30 inches baritone tuned in A.
    For legato string sections we use a ebow and a volume pedal before the amp.
    It´s really tricky to make it work, we still work hard at it.

Here's a link to our version of Intermezzo Sinfónico by Mascagni, fully played with ebows:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Isn't the opening time parameter of a noise gate always time related ?
    I thought so.
    You enter how many milliseconds you want the opening to last.
    If the noise gate allows a long opening time you'll hear the sound rising in volume from silence to full volume.
    That crescendo will last as long as the value that parameter is set to.
    I thought that only the threshold for opening and closing the gate are voltage driven.
    Maybe I'm missing something else?

Hi Andy.I'm a part-time caveman and a fan of your work.

Lately I'm enjoying the Vintage pack 63 Vibrolux a lot.
    Clean, pushed and full profiles, with or without treble boost all sound beautiful.
    I like that it doesn't sound stiff at all, as if the beating of the speakers and transformer through the years makes it sound relaxed.
    Or maybe vibrolux amps just sound like that, I don't know.
    In comparison I feel most fender amps are very tight and spanky, which is nice also but more common.
    Is there a similar sounding amp in other bundles?

The Morgan Dual 40 is the first thing I purchased when I got my kemper.
    It has a big transparent sound.

The first profile I really liked when I heard the KPA rig packs was a free Amp Factory Morgan Dual 40,
    after taking the effects off and some tweaking it sounded very nice.
    The next profile I liked was the Morgan AC20 from the exchange.
    Buying the Dual 40 was the next obvious step.