Posts by Gary_W

Since installing rig manager, it's seems to me like there are very few 'terrible' profiles out there. And the difference between a 'good one' and a 'bad one' is usually personal preference plus the guitar you are using! TBH, there is a lifetime of playing through 5000 odd profiles with one guitar, provided you use the pickup selector, volume and tone knobs. And that's before you've got off your arse cakes and picked up a different guitar. Or thought about picking dynamics ;)

I think it's just that the best ones for me as an individual are SO good that some other perfectly decent ones get overlooked :)

I really think that Rig Manager will help lay rest to the myth that there aren't many good profiles unless you pay for them. I love the best of the commercial efforts but now it is sooooo easy to bring up ALL of your AC30's and have them side by side.....

There were always lots of good books in the library. It's just that they happened to be laying all over the floor in an order that didn't make sense and you had to use a snow shovel to find them. Now, it's easy. I've already discovered some gems and I've had less play time than I'd like of late!

For me, it's exceeded expectations on balance. Yes, it's buggy but it is a beta so that goes with the territory.

Before I had it, I was hoping for an editor (all those years of Line 6 editing software followed by Guitar Rig burn in to the brain!).

I have more than forgive though - the preview function which talks to rig exchange is superb. I didn't 'see this coming'. It's one thing that Kemper often seem to do - come up with something that you don't even know you want which is so good you wonder how you got by without it.

Before you write me off as a fanboy, I will again say 'spring reverb' and 'delay stomps please' which I would have thought should be in a system like this 2 years down the line.

But credit where it's due - this software makes life with the Kemper even better IMO and I'm happy with it and the potential it has to improve.

The names are the same.. it seems that all my previous favorites are back in the non favorites section...

For me, my favourites on the Kemper have vanished. I don't know if this happened with 2.3 or with Rig Manager.

What I do know is that ticking the favourites box in Rig Manager now is putting them as favourites in the Kemper.

When you plug in the USB from the kemper for the first time after installing the new OS beta, is it meant to install a driver or something on your pc? I didn't notice anything, but when I plug in the USB the kemper hangs shortly after. (Not sure how long as the active rig still works and wasn't paying enough attention). Happened a couple of times ended up resulting in all my rigs getting wiped (glad I had a backup)

If there is a driver can it be installed annually?

System is win 8 64bit. USB 3 if that's relevant.

Mine just worked....

Did you install 2.3 already? It's required for rig manager to work I believe. That's my only thought so apologies if you've already done that :)

OK, I'm confused about downloading Rig Exchange profiles. I installed Rig Manager with no issues. I checked the use Rig Exchange box. I put in my Kemper credentials and tested the connection OK. At that point I'm not sure what else to do. Are profiles from Rig Exchange supposed just start downloading in to Rig Manager or am I supposed to initiate something else to get it started importing? If I highlight the Rig Exchange folder is shows 0 profiles and if I click on the "File" menu "import" is greyed out. I'm either totally confused or I'm missing a mystery piece. :)

Mine is the same.

I think it's just that the world and his wife are trying to get on this at the moment and it's doing a 'computer says no' :)

I'm looking forward to that part working but must say I've had an evening of fantastic fun with my Kemper and this new software. It's great!

Improvements? Well.....

I'd like a ratings system. This isn't a complaint - it's just I'm suffering from 'favourite abuse ridiculous ticking' syndrome (or FART for short). There are so many decent rigs that 'favourite' or 'not favourite' isn't quite enough :)

I suffered from favourite abuse before. Now, it's easier to find rigs so I can only see this personal weakness getting worse :P

I fail to check this website for a 2 hour period for the first time in a fortnight and a 7 page thread comes up about the very thing I've been waiting for :)

Have to say that my first impressions on this are to say a massive 'Well Done' to the team. Yes, the server has gone down but they'll fix that. Just having the complete list in front of me to preview with such ease is wonderful. Never mind rig exchange, I've just found a couple of rigs I had on my Kemper that have now gone into favourites that I would never have found using the front panel. This is very nice!

Thank you x1000!!

I don't have a foot controller at present so the instructions to 'hold down tap tempo whilst playing a riff' caused some fevered thought. Ultimately, they don't call me 'clever dick' for nothing :)

Fantastic. I'll try this tonight and look forward to Rig Manager :) Many thanks to the Kemper team for the update :)

As to 'what is the space stomp? I'm guessing it's this from the press release???

Headphone Space
    The Headphone Space parameter adds a small room simulation to the master signal.
    When listening to sound coming from loudspeakers the reflections from the floor, the walls and objects around add to the original sound. Even a mono signal will result in a stereo image once the room reflections reach the ears. When listening through headphones these missing reflections result in an artificial listening experience that quickly leads to listening fatigue. To avoid this, the Profiler now features the Headphone Space effect allowing to add virtual reflections to the headphone signal delivering a sense of room and natural space. Even a mono signal will result into a subtle, pleasing stereo image.
    Hard wired to the Profiler’s headphone out the space effect can also be utilized for listening through regular speakers or for recording. For this purpose the space effect is also available for the post stack effects slots.

I'm sorry to see this happening :( I wouldn't personally do it but, for some folks, if it is there they will take it. Unfortunately you are relying on honesty and goodwill which is why it's good this has been brought up on the main community for this product and that most people are pointing out that it's not right..... Trying to change people's minds by reasoned argument here is the only defense you have against it.

As to the parallel with ripping off MP3's. I'm not condoning that at all but I would say it is different.....

I'm in my mid-40's and for years there was the campaign that said that home taping would kill music and that piracy would wipe it all out / the industry wouldn't exist.

Time has proven that to be not true. Whilst it is undoubtedly the case that billions are ripped off each year, most record companies still make a pretty decent living it seems. Again, this is NOT me saying piracy is ok - it isn't. What I'm saying is that, wrong as it is, piracy has not closed down the music industry.

With Andy or Soundside.de, you have individuals who spend a lot of time doing this. They get paid by us in return for their time and knowledge in creating cool things. If their profiles don't sell, there is every chance they will stop doing it and then we all suffer..... They lose a business, we lose cool sounds.

Even if you leave the moral aspect out of this (which you shouldn't) it's not good for the community at all.

As for the argument that people shouldn't be charging for profiles..... Well maybe they shouldn't. But if someone decides to charge for something, that is what gives it value. If you do not agree with the principal then you should not pay them for their profile but equally you should NOT just download it for free. Go and use one of the other 6000 that are free. If it's offered for sale rather than the rig exchange, you've got to respect the wishes of the person who made it. No one is forcing you to buy it ;)

If you're wanting a bit more bass to come through (is that what you mean?) I'd try tweaking pickup height up a bit before spending any more money :)

I'd also give everyone more details on what you don't like vs what you're trying to achieve otherwise everyone will just put forward their own favourites which could get you buying more pickups you don't like....

I remember a few names from there, Lance, but like you say it was a long time ago :)

Didn't know my PM was off - I'll sort that out.