Posts by Hurricane

Hey guys,

planning do use my KPA with 4CM for a few gigs - anyone got an idea how to set it up for unity gain? Master to 0dB is absolutely not unity gain - loud as shit :D

Cheers
    Dan

That's right. Our technician was happy with -12 dB

Dazu gibt es noch nichts Offizielles.

Aber ein paar gute Ideen: Man könnte über diese Schnittstelle

- eine Routerverbindung realisieren, die es dann ermöglicht ein Floorboard per Bluetooth einzubinden

- eine direkte Verbindung zum Internet herstellen und gemeinsame Online-Datenbanken nutzen

- seine Profiles per e-mail verschicken

- Telefonapparate profilen :thumbup:

- der NSA die Ohren volldudeln :thumbup:

bis sich der Profiler selbst bei ebay einstellt.

Mal sehen was so noch kommt. Ist auf jeden Fall interessant

Nabend, ich wollte mal nachfragen, ob es im Raum Essen/Ruhrgebiet den einen oder anderen Profiler User gibt. Ich hätte mal Lust, eine Profiling Session zu starten. Wir haben im Proberaum eine Recordingkabine, die das Profilen sehr komfortabel macht. Diverse Peripherie ist natürlich auch gegeben (Monitore, Mics). Ich habe schon meinen Marshall geprofiled, ein Orange, ein Roland JC-160 und ein Engl stehen auch noch bereit, Cabs von ENGL, Orange und Marshall sind auch da (Mann, soviel Zeug :wacko: ), im Kühlschrank findet sich immer ein kühles Getränk. Bei Interesse könnte man sich mal für einen noch näher zu beziffernden Zeitraum dort einschließen und dem UFO ca. 1000 mal beim landen zuhören. Lasst mal was hören.

Glück Auf!

Moinsen, ja den Profiler User in Essen gibt's. Bin aber noch neu. Habe aber schon meine backline (Two Rock zusammen mit nem alten Deluxe Reverb) geprofiled. Schick mir mal'n Mail, dann nerven wir das Forum nicht: [email protected] Blooze'n Groose Ralf

Nabend, ich wollte mal nachfragen, ob es im Raum Essen/Ruhrgebiet den einen oder anderen Profiler User gibt. Ich hätte mal Lust, eine Profiling Session zu starten. Wir haben im Proberaum eine Recordingkabine, die das Profilen sehr komfortabel macht. Diverse Peripherie ist natürlich auch gegeben (Monitore, Mics). Ich habe schon meinen Marshall geprofiled, ein Orange, ein Roland JC-160 und ein Engl stehen auch noch bereit, Cabs von ENGL, Orange und Marshall sind auch da (Mann, soviel Zeug :wacko: ), im Kühlschrank findet sich immer ein kühles Getränk. Bei Interesse könnte man sich mal für einen noch näher zu beziffernden Zeitraum dort einschließen und dem UFO ca. 1000 mal beim landen zuhören. Lasst mal was hören.

Glück Auf!

The adaption of the box to the Kemper so far is o.k. (Monitor out, Cab off, Master Volume)

I'm just considering, if possibly the box is stressed/distorting because the Master Volume was on 70% and my output volume really sometimes turns to yellow or even to red.

I'll give it a try and will profile my analog-rig at a pretty high volume-level.

After then I will report.

Thanx so long

Thank you for your replies,

at first to the questions:

Live on a large stage I use my (powered)Kemper (with a 2x12" Celestion Box) and I normally don't need to have my stage-sound be monitored. So my level is set by the Kemper's master volume and it's the stage's guitar sound for me. I don't know if our bassman and our drummer do have the guitar on their monitors, they make their own monitoring on stage. In this situation I use the Kemper around the level, where I profiled my rig. Everything is allright.

In clubs without P.A., the Kemper and the 2x12"-Box is not only for stage-sound but also directed to the public and that's the problem. I have to dial up the Kemper's level and my normal level exceeds the level at what I made the different profiles (clean, crunch, lead). Especially my gained-solo-sound becomes dull and middy and misses the sparkle of the original profiled sound and also the attack is lossing (a slight sweep-effect occurs when I hit the strings).

It might be this loudness-effect as "viabcroce" describes. But can I avoid this by profiling at different volumes ???

I had my analog-rig profiled (Two Rock combined with Fender Deluxe Reverb) at a volume I usually use during rehearsals and live-gigs (in clubs). I'm very satisfied with the results as long as I use this profile at the same or around the same volume level. It really sounds like the original, no problem so far.

But when I change the playing-volume of the profile to a higher degree (louder but also more dimed) the sound and also the behavior compared to my original rig really differs a lot. I can approximate the original by using the tone stack intensively, but I'm wondering, if I need to profile my rig at different volume levels to achieve the best profiling results for different applications (small club, rehearsal-room, large stage, open-air stages).

Any recommendations or similar experiences out there ??

My self-created rigs all cause the output LED turning into red colour. I don't know, which signal is overloaded (is it the main output or the stack-level ?)

I also didn't find a menu in the KPA where I could adjust the output level, nor any hint in the manuals.

What don't I know?

Can anybody help ?

Thank you for your quick reply.

You are right and that's what I've known from the manual. But how can I manage, to play an amp sound (bank 1 to 5) and then push bank 6 (Stomp A) to add the leslie-sound and f.e. push bank 8 to add delay ?

I want to use the UNO-board to operate like my real effect-board in front of my amp. Is that possible?

And still my open question: How to program the wah-pedal to operate when pushed ?

Can anybody help?

Great forum, nice guys

I'm still a (bloody) beginner (got my KPA and my UNO4Kemper-Board two weeks ago), so here's my (maybe stupid) question.

I need 5 Amp-Sounds (clean, crunch-rhythm, crunch-lead, lead, heavy lead) all with reverb but without any stomps organized in one performance

I then need one Leslie-Sound, one tap-delay sound and one cool wah-Sound switchable to each of the amp sounds.

Here are my considerations how to organize this to my UNO4KEMPER board:

bank 1 buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for: clean, crunch-rhythm, crunch-lead, lead, heavy lead Ampsounds (I think, this should'nt be a problem, )

bank 1 button 6: rotary on/off

bank 1 button 7: rotary slow/fast

bank 1 button 8: free

bank 1 button 9: tap-delay

bank1 button 10/X: Tap (for delay)

pedal 1: wah (switched on by touch - if this ever is possible ???)

pedal 2: volume (and tuner on heel-position - which is default setting for the UNO4KEMPER)

Now here are my questions :

1. How can I program the presets for the rotary on/off and fast/slow and delay on different buttons

2. How can I program the wah to be automatically turned on/off by touching the pedal

Recommendations are highly appreciated.?(

Thanx in advance

Ralf