Posts by meambobbo

another thing to consider is rather than trying to move multiple mics around until you get them sounding in-phase, you can route the mic signals through a daw before returning to the kemper and can use plugins to delay one mic's signal at a very fine level to find the phase balance that sounds good.

how about one more? This time quad tracked in a full mix... (quad track definitely not tight enough, but you get an idea of how it should sound)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is profile 03 on the Mustaine (Marshall with V30's) cab with a U87 and SM57 mic'ing according to the cabinet tags. I'm using my EBMM JP6 and I swapped the stock pickups for Dimarzio Crunch Lab/Liquifire. I made the following tweaks to the profile:

• Gain: 5.9, Treble: -0.4, Presence: -0.5
    • Cabinet High Shift: -0.2 (actually makes a big difference)
    • Amp Definition 6.3 (I think I lowered this), Power Sagging 0.2 (helps loosen up things when a profile is too "stiff"/responsive - this profile didn't need much at all, but it does help)
    • Stomp A: Noise Gate 2:1 Threshold 3.2
    • Stomp B: Studio EQ Mid 1 Gain: -2.1, Freq: 450, Q: 0.707; Mid 2 Gain: 5.1, Freq: 1850, Q: 0.327, Mix: 60% - this is the key along with lowering the amp definition. the lower definition adds the fatness to the low end but you lose some midrange saturation, which I make up for here.
    • X: Studio EQ High Gain: -3, High Freq: 2180, Mid 1 Gain: 2.5, Freq 770, Q: 0.544, Mid 2 Gain: 0.6, Freq: 200, Q: 0.428
    • Mod: Serial TwoTap Delay Mix: 17.8%, Note Val 1: 4/16, Note Val 2: 3/16, Feedback: 24%, Stereo: 200%, Modulation: 6.2
    • Delay: Quad Delay: Mix: 14.3%, Feedback: 80%, ratio 1: 8.7%, ratio 2: 10%, ratio 3: 77.8%, delay 4 time: 297 ms, vol 1: 10, vol 2: 5.9, vol 3: 10, vol 4: 7, pan 1: -100%, pan 2: +100%, pan 3: -100%, pan 4: +100%, stereo 200%, mod: 3.6, cross feedback: 10
    • Reverb: Hall: Mix: 28.3%, Del+Rev Balance: 94% (it's basically disabled if you disable the delay slot - this just softens that delay, which is already kind of verb-like), time: 1.8, damping: 2.5, predelay: 160 ms

So I leave the entire effects section off for rhythm work - sometimes I add a bit of reverb. In a mix you probably want a bit more mids and some less bass, but the tonestack EQ knobs are good enough - no need to fine-tune with an effect. The EQ in the X slot gives a decent volume boost in addition to reducing highs and adding mids - it's basically a solo/lead boost. The Mod delay is what really stands out as a delay and works well for leads (and more space-y rhythms), while the Delay and Reverb slots together make a nice large room sound.

Here's Matt's pack in action with 0 tweaks other than the locked delay/reverb i always keep (settings available on request). I turned on the boost at the end for some djent radiohead.

I don't have a lot of BE100 profiles - mostly just Tim Owens, which are maybe my #1 set of free profiles. So I can't compare to other BE100 packs. Gonna grab Cili's soon because I love every one of his packs. Also will get Sinmix's. ...and Top Jimi's... eesh $$$$

I dunno the answer fellas. All I know is that Matt's pack is really really good. Definitely many keepers. And exactly the kind of tones I want from this amp.

lol, sure but the rhythm work isn't much better:

Mr. Uber is a work of art.

Random noodling. Demonizer profile for rhythm. Headcrusher for leads. No tweaking at all - needs a little bit for mix based on randomly grabbing profiles and applying my own delay/verb, but pretty close already.

also getting clicks with 6i6 gen 1 and kpa on latest fw. I even tried it on my surface pro with the only usb port connected to 6i6 and theres still some very mild pops or clicks that happen consistently. Buffer settings make no difference. I went back to my m audio fw 1010 on desktop and everything works perfectly again. So its not spdif in general but something ab focusrite.

I have not tested toggling anything. It occurs while playing. Quite evident on sustained lead notes.