Posts by CPerk

Anyone have access to this amp and could put one up on the RE? I've been hearing great things about. Also someone had one in a local guitar center demoing it and it sounded great.

Im loving the updated sound packs, and bought two EZX's with my purchase..

My problem is the beat matching doesnt seem to work so well, I only have two EZX expansions...

And the midi packs are outrageously priced. 30 bucks for midi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can get an EZX for 40

Greetings!

I was wondering if someone with more experience than me could shed a little light on a fidelity issue Ive noticed when auditioning rigs with headphones.

My gear

Sennheiser HD-280 PRO Headphones

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/pr…ise-cancelling-hd-280-pro

Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP connected to non-power rackmount kemper via SPDIF
    http://us.focusrite.com/firewi…rfaces/saffire-pro-24-dsp

What I have experienced is things sound more hi-def when auditioning profiles with my HD-280s plugged directly into the kemper headphone jack.

It got me wondering if it is an impedance issue?

My focusrite is clocking from the kemper at 44KHZ and Ive set mixcontrol back to factory default.

Maybe I need a headphone amp for my audio interface?

I ask, and hope that someone can help as I was thinking of picking up Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohms.. but if I already have an issue with the 64Ohm HD280's..

Thanks in advance

The NAMM annoucement says

Reamping revamped
    Record an unprocessed instrument signal, and pipe it through an amp later. This popular trick allows you to adjust and fine-tune the amp’s sound when mixing. Usually, some special equipment is required to convert the high-impedance guitar signal into an appropriate signal at studio-level, for recording. The signal, ready to be "reamped", needs some appropriate treatment as well - with the Profiler, this procedure is both straightforward and easy. With this software update, everything you need comes right out of the box. Impedance and signal levels, just as required. Both recording and reamping can be performed using the analog or digital SPDIF connections.

However the 2.3 release makes no mention of this feature..

Was something added to the manual? Am I missing something

What is this reamping revamped feature supposed to do differently then how we are already re-amping in 2.2.1

Hell-G this is mighty generous of you sir. Ive downloaded them all and my favorites are

KK57
    KK7
    KK10

Any reason or setting during the profiling that are similar that makes my ear favor them?

Excellent work. Now my favorite JCM800 profile.

It sounds f%$@ing BEAST through my ESP Jeff Hanneman signature series guitar.

I switched to my PRS custom 24 with 59/09's pups and some of the other profiles just came to life WOW!

the default KK, KK9 sounds breath taking on the PRS

My 2013 Bill Kelliher Gibson explorer with Lace nitro Hemi pickups tuned to D standard worked well with KK11

5, 6 and 8 609 didnt work on any guitar "out of the box" for those axes.

Again thanks so much and I rated on RE!

Cheers!

Reamping revamped
    Record an unprocessed instrument signal, and pipe it through an amp later. This popular trick allows you to adjust and fine-tune the amp’s sound when mixing. Usually, some special equipment is required to convert the high-impedance guitar signal into an appropriate signal at studio-level, for recording. The signal, ready to be "reamped", needs some appropriate treatment as well - with the Profiler, this procedure is both straightforward and easy. With this software update, everything you need comes right out of the box. Impedance and signal levels, just as required. Both recording and reamping can be performed using the analog or digital SPDIF connections.

=====

So how is this supposed to work opposed to how we've all been doing it already?

Don't dismiss the altos because of their low cost. I love my TS115A's. I tried the 12" versions and they sounded great as well. I recommend taking your kemper into your local guitar store and trying out a bunch of speakers.

Here is my current setup:

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/hQPpoSH.jpg]

I have this EXACT setup. Exactly lol. I found that one TS115a just wasnt loud enough for metal with a full band. It was REAL close, EQ;ing the live sound to cut through did help.. however, after adding the second. Nailed it.

And stereo delay live is awesome.

Bought a used FCB1010 that already had an UNO 1.02 with an SKB case for 99 bucks!

Its still to much of a headache to program so I ordered the UNO for Kemper PROM.. Pretty excited!

Would still buy a dedicated foot controller from Kemper if it was priced under 500 bucks.

CK mentions a looper function.. is this already built into my KPA? How could I access this?