Posts by Fegil

Thank you Arne for your clarification. The "accident" was a great help for me to identify studio vs. merged profiles. Is there a possibility to have it back?

Paults
    Thank you for your information. I have the bad habit to read the manuals and posts before posting a question, but thanks anyway. :)

I'm now on RM v1.5.16 and in previous version there was a column showing the type of profile (Studio or Merged). Can't find it anymore. Has it been removed? ?(

Hi endlessnameless

A few days ago I wrote about "Weird sound when selecting a patch/rig containing the "chromatic pitch" effect" but only got one single response. I tried to decribe in words the exact behaviour you have recorded. The difference is that I switch between patches (in performance mode) and you switch on/off effect, but the noise (at 0:29) is the same as yours. (see my post), I'm on FW2.7 too.

cheers

F

Hi

When selecting a patch/rig containing "chromatic pitch" from a Midi foot controller or the "cross"-buttons on the Kemper, I'm getting a weird noise present on the first notes before the proper pitched sound kicks in. It's worse on distorted sounds and comming from another bank.
    Even if I wait a few seconds after selecting the patch, it kind of waits for my first note to twist it.

But .....
    This weird sound doesn't occur if I turn on and of the effect by pressing the fx-button on the front of the Kemper. The "chromatic pitch" effect works instantly with no artifacts in sound.

I'm in Performance mode, but I don't think it matters.

Anybody else having this issue?

cheers
    F

Sorry if I'm late to the party.

Paul (and Ingolf)

Insert an Exp. pedal in back of the Kemper. (Pedal 1).
    In System settings (p.4/9) Select exp.pedal 1 to "WahWah"
    In system 6/9 check "Wah pedal to Vol".

If Wah is ON in slot A-D the pedal will act as a Wah.
    If Wah is OFF in slot A-D the pedal will act as a Volume pedal.

Set the Wah to be activated by touch. This will bypass Wah until you touch it and go back to bypass when taking your foot off.

If it works for me it must work for you.

Cheers /F

Viabcroce

The fields in the list is made by Kemper-team and not by me. All fields are represented in "inspector"-column in the Rigmanager as well as columns in the main window of RM and also in the profiler itself. I think Kemper-team thought through which fields to put in there and how we are supposed to use it, otherwise they wouldn't developed the RigManager, it had only been a download site with all .kipr files unsorted. Also the sorting functions and menues of the profiler itself is a waste of developing time if you can't/don't use it.

Don't forget, the Kemper is made by German genious engineers and what ever they do is made with a thought behind.

Hopefully some from the Kemper team could comment on this.

/ Cheers F

Hi to you all !!

RigExchange and RigManager are great tools if you want to share/download a specific amps or cabs. - Let's keep it that way.

Kemper has developed "Tags" where you can fill in information of the profiles you create. Why?

I think there is a reason for this.
    You have the possibility to search and filter in different criterias such as amp-name, cab-name, gain, author etc. This is very helpful when you are in search for a specific sound and the filtering option helps you find it very fast.

I've lately seen a lot of profiles with blank fields or having the same name in rig-name, amp-name, cab-name fields. This makes it impossible to know which amp/cab it is and how it sounds, the only way to find out is to audit the profile. Even if it sounds good, you still don't know what amp/cab it is and how should you remember it?

I want to find what im looking for, not a lot of irrellevant profiles. To fill in the information is a matter of minutes and prevents the users from spending time searching the right profile which sometimes can take hours.

Please, fill in the tag fields as much and accurate as possible. By doing this we will prevent the database to be unusable in the future. I think it's time to follow some kind of standard before it gets out of control.

From RigManager manual:
    "Since tags can be used to filter Rigs, it is advisable to spend some time creating meaningful tags; this will make finding the Rig again a lot easier."

Think about it. In the future, 50.000 profiles, many without labels or irrelevant names like"Streets", "Hardrock" in all fields and no one knows what is what. The Rig Exhange will only be as good library as we make it. If it's too messy or to difficult to use, people will find other ways to share and therefore make the idea of RigExchange more or less obsolete.

Example:
    I would like a Marshall JCM800 - 2204, Channel 2. I want to type in any of the search terms. I don't want to audit and scroll through the entire RigExchange, only to find I should have searched for "Slash" and not Marshall or JCM800.

Below is a suggestion to a standard and feel free to comment/discuss.
    Maybe someone from Kemper-Team can chime in and clarify the original intention of each field.

Most manufacturers have the needed information on labels/stickers/stamped in on the rear of the amps/cabs.

Rig
    Name: Your name of your rig (could be anything)

Author: Your name

Instrument: Guitar, bass, etc.

Comment: Your comment of the rig eg. "Profiled from Line 6 HD500", TS9, OCD, DS1, etc... . (I want to know if it is profiled from a real amp or a modeller, if a pedal is used before the amp.)

Amp
    Manufacturer: Only the NAME of the manufacturer, NOT the model.
    (Marshall, Fender, Soldano, Trainwreck, Mesa Boogie, Vox, Peavey, Laney, Orange, Two Rock, Fuchs, etc....)

Model: NOT the manufacturer, ONLY the model.
    (JMP 1959, JCM 2204, DeLuxe, Super Reverb, AC30TB, EVH 5150, Liverpool, etc.... )

Year of production: Manufacturing year och the amp being profiled. (Good information for vintage amps).

Location: Manufacturing country of the amp (not where the profile was made or where you live)
    (England, China, USA, Germany, etc......)

Channel: 1, 2, 3, 4, Green, Red, etc.....

Pickup type: SC (single coil), HB (Humbucker), Piezo, etc....

Author: Name of the person who made the profile.

Name: ????

Comment: Relevant information about the amp that can be good to know.
    (Modified by Friedman, Clone, EL34 tubes, etc.... )

Cabinet
    (Marshall, Fender, Soldano, Trainwreck, Mesa Boogie, Vox, Peavey, Laney, Orange, Two Rock, Fuchs, Avatar, etc.... ).

Model: NOT the manufacturer, ONLY the model.
    (JCM 800 1960A, 112P, HK112, 212OS, 410S, etc....)

Location: Manufacturing country of the cabinet (not where the profile was made or where you live)
    (England, China, USA, Germany)

Author: Name of the person who made the profile.

Name: ????

Comment: Open back, Year of cab, etc.... (information about the cab that can be good to know.)

Speaker
    (Celestion, Ev, Scumbag, Eminence, Etc...)

Model: NOT the manufacturer, ONLY the model
    (V30, G12H30, Greenback, etc...)

Configuration:
    (1x12, 4x10, 2x12, 4x12, 1x8, V30/H30 X-pattern, etc....)

Mic
    Model:
    (SM57, EV906, R121, SM7, etc...)

Position:
    (on axis, of axis, distance, rear etc....)

/ Cheers F :D

P.S.
    I really appreciate all people contributing with profiles but some people link the profiles to a dropbox file, please put them up on RigExchange instead, to keep it all in one place and make it easier to find. D.S.

Hi !

All of the above issues has been addressed in the latest firmware 2.1.0.8750B
    Thank you Kemper Team. I was never worried.
    I knew from day one that Kemper Team (and even CK himself) will scan the forums and fix issues and develop new functions requested by us users. Thats why I bought the Kemper. I think a lot of companies should learn from being as responsive and dedicated to their users.

/ cheers F

Hello Friends!
    First post from me.

When powering up the Kemper and switch into "performance"-mode some parameters loose it's settings.
    When booted up and switching to "browser" mode all parameters looks intact but if you then switch into "performance" mode following happens:

1. The Clean/distortion sense becomes unlocked
    2. The "Lock Vol. Pedal" (Rig p.3/3) becomes unchecked
    3. Sometimes the "Range" parameter for Vol.pedal (Rig p.3/3) is reset to default -5.0 (my stored setting -4.9)
    4. Sometimes Noisegate is set back to the Rigs default value

I've tried to Lock those parameters and store the Performance over and over and it stays as I set and store them as long as the KPA is on power.
    After setting the above parameters, there is no problem to switch between Tuner/browser/performance everything stays but it's only when powered of and back on this happens.

Now I know which parameters to look for at start up, but it's a hassle to check every time.

I feel confident the Kemper Team will look into this (if it's a problem) maybe it's intended to work this way.

/ cheers F