Posts by GregGibbs

The Cab/FR switch is labeled poorly.

If I’m using this with an FRFR, o choose CAB.

If I’m using it with a cab, I choose FR.

If I just want a small pedal to power the Kemper/Helix through a real guitar cab, what are my options?

At first I didn’t like the Kemper distortions and then I heard a great explanation for the lack of distortion options: someone on YouTube pointed out that distortions basically just up the gain and you can do that on each amp with the morphing function to get distortions unique to every amp. So along with my HX, I have a morphing pedal to add that extra grittiness.

That being said, I like the HX distortions. Sometimes you just need an instant boost and that’s what I use the HX for. I actually love the Minotaur, which is the Line 6 version of the Klon Centaur. Combine the Minotaur with the Red Squeeze comp and you get an awesome boosted tone. The Teemah! is great too. Well worth the price IMHO.

Agree. Love the Teemah. I'm using the HX in 4CM with a Mesa/Boogie Lonestar Special. It's euphoria for me. For the first time in my life I'm actually dialing in MY tone. The HX Effects is worth every penny no matter where you put it in your fx chain. The new reverbs are stunning as well.

Liked it. Didn't love it. Atomic Neo Mk II was a much better and more powerful FRFR. Eventually came to the conclusion that I didn't;t like any FRFR speakers and went with a real guitar cabinet.

Different guy. This is a custom I ordered in January. I've only had it a few weeks.

Yes, it does gibson, totally! Absolutely-beautiful, and a delight to behold for a wood-lover like me.

@GregGibbs, didn't I see this axe at Rig Talk recently, or was it a different dude?

I did wonder the moment I saw it, but I think the user name was different.

Is this the Anderson Superbird? I think that is what Tom dubbed the mahogany version of the Raven. I love the Raven so much!! Yours kills!!!

Thanks! It's based on the Superbird. I saw the Superbird reviewed online, but wanted the 25.5 inch scale length, so I custom ordered this one. I also ordered it with a complete satin finish, which turned out better than I could have dreamed. Best Anderson neck I've played yet. I'm extremely happy with it.

For Helix Users, looks pretty cool.

HELIX NATIVE FAQ

Wait… Is this Helix in a plugin?
    Yes. Helix Native features all the amp, cab, and effects models of Helix and Helix Rack, as well as IR loading. Its presets are fully compatible with Helix and Helix Rack hardware so you can effortlessly transfer your tones from the studio to the stage and back again.

What plug-in formats are supported?
    Mac and Windows, 64-bit VST3/VST2, AU, and AAX.

Will it work with iLok?
    Helix Native is authorized through Line 6 License Manager which can be downloaded from www.line6.com/software. There is no licensing available through iLok.

How many computers can I install Helix Native on with a single license?
    Licensing is tied to your Line 6 account and up to four computers can share a single license.

Is there a demo version to try out?
    A free trial will be made available and is fully functional for 15 days.

How many parameters can be automated?
    Parameters and/or block bypass states can be automated by assigning them to automation channels in your DAW (up to 16 per instance).

I don’t get it. Why would you offer all that Helix goodness in a plug-in?
    Because it’s the right thing to do. Helix is all about elegant solutions to musicians’ problems, and the studio-to-stage-and-back promise was too big of a deal not to pursue. Have you ever tried to nail every guitar tone on your record for an upcoming tour? With Helix Native, potentially weeks of work could be condensed down to a minute or two.

What does Helix Native cost?
    Helix Native sells for $399 USD. However, to hammer home the whole studio-to-stage thing, we’re offering a discount to registered Helix and Helix Rack owners; they can purchase Helix Native for $99. Existing POD Farm customers are eligible for certain discounts as well (TBD).

When and where?
    Helix Native will be available on the Line 6 store (https://store.line6.com) in Spring of 2017

The new Atomic CLR NEO mkII is my favorite so far. I've owned Matrix q12a, Matrix FR10, Friedman ASM-212. New CLR is the best without hesitation.