Posts by henkebarn

So I got the two unpowered Kabinets today. My two poweramps should arrive on Monday.

Question:

To use both of the kabinets (with imprints) with a power amp each, should I go into output settings and select Monitor Stereo and then connect Monitor and Direct out to the power amps?

Thanks!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks! Yeah, it seems good enough!

About the Ohms thing. If I daisy chain two Kabinets, would they be fed with 8 or 4 ohms?

Hi!

I've been using my Kemper in my home studio for 10 years now and I'm finally switching out my tube amps in the band to go all Kemper.

I was thinking of getting a Power Kabinet, but they're hard to get here in Sweden. Also I've got an offer to buy two used non-powered Kabinets at a pretty sweet price. Just a little more than one Power Kabinet would sell for. So I'm really considering that offer.

I would probably keep one Kabinet at home and one in our rehearsal space. The Kemper will move with me every time we play and I would love to use it at home too, if I have two Kabinets. But then I would need two poweramps, as I want to carry as little as possible between the rehearsals and my home. I don't want a rack unit, as nothing else is rack mounted. And again, I want to carry as little as possible between my home and rehearsals so I want to separate the two poweramps.

Now to the question:

As I'm going to have two Kabinets and my Kemper is a head unit and not a rack, I was thinking of getting two of the Harley Benton GPA-100. One for home, one for rehearsals. I mean, they're super cheap. When run at 4 ohms it gives 190 watts of power, according to Thomann. And I figure that if I ever need it, I can set up the monitor outputs to go in stereo in to the two poweramps and drive two Kabinets at 4 ohm and 190 watts each. Right? And if I daisychain the Kabinets, should I be using the 8 or 4 ohm output of the poweramp? Is there some other detail I'm not thinking about?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks Ole1!

I'll give that a shot. How do you mean that the 0 on the Z12 can send 1? I think I'm too young to handle midi. Old tech… :D

If I understand you right, you only need the 10 metioned sounds ? Maybe you give the browse mode a try. RTM: load rig -> press SYSEM -> Browse Mode PrgChg -> MIDI PrgChg# and assign the midi-number.

AFIR the 0-button on the z-12 sends "1" and so on.

I'm getting a Line 6 M13 to use with one of the bands and I'm thinking about what it can do with midi switching on the Kemper. I was originally going to use it for the stomp boxes only, but if it's possible to use it for switching presets and stuff on the Kemper with midi that would be great.

Have you tried the combination? Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

I only need to switch between a few sounds on the Kemper, and I'm currently using an Engl Z12 to do that, with mixed results (Please help me: Using the Profiler with an ENGL Z12)

Hi

I'm using a Kemper head with OS 4.0.6. My footswitch is an ENGL Z12, which has 10 onboard channel buttons (0 - 9) + bank up and bank down.

Because the Z12 starts at 0, which I can't assign any settings to, I usually start one bank up, on midi program 10.

When I try to set my stuff up I connect my Z12, go into performance mode, and I press the button (midi program) that I want to set up a sound to. But it seems that the kemper automatically has 5 slot performances set up, and that they automatically use program 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 etc.

I guess that using performances this way could boost the keepers performance and make footswitching faster. But I find it very hard to program. First off, this way I can't name each slot. I can only name the performance. Also, I'm not sure this is related, but as I saved slot #15 and went back to #12, I found that #15 had replaced/overwritten #12. And when I had set the sound correctly on #12 again suddenly #13, #14 and #15 were ruined.

Not sure if I'm too stupid to use the kemper for live applications, if my Z12 is broken or if it's something else that's not working. But I want a super simple set up, really.

This is how I want to set up my footswitching / program changing:

Prg Preset / sound

10 Hi gain
    11 Med gain
    12 Overdrive
    13 Lead 1
    14 Lead 2
    15 Clean 1
    16 Clean 2
    17 Clean 3 w Delay
    18 Clean w tremolo
    19 Clean w Phaser

Preset 10-14 use a Diesel Profile – the same amp profile for all. Just different gain levels and stomps. Preset 15-19 all use the same Vibroking profile. Different stomps and delays etc.

Is there a way to make sure that a performance with 5 slots starts at a certain midi program? In my case, performance 3 could start at midi program #10 and performance 4 could start at midi program #15.

I'm not turning effects on or off during my sets. I use presets.

Maybe you could point me to a different midi board, at about the same price range that would suit me better?

I'm really interested in the final product too but I'm impressed by kemper not releasing any teaser info at the moment. The last thing they'd want to do is to give away what they're up to too soon and the not ship anything for 6 months (or 2 years). People would get bored waiting and go for something else instead. (Recent similar case is HTCs release of their ONE phone. Not ONE M8, but the previous model.)
    Sure, a lot of us has already gone for something else, but when kemper drops the bomb and were able to get the fresh new KFC within 2 months, a lot of us will sell our current floorboards and get the KFC.

How are the alternatives now? My Kemper is still weeks away :(

I play metal with some post rock influences to it, and I love reverse delay, tape delay, swelling effects and some of the Verbzilla effects too. Cave? Or wahtever it's called. Would reeeaally love some awesome effects with the kemper!

Hi

I'm new to the Kemper (mine is arriving in a few weeks) and I wonder how you can controll the KPA with a TC Electronic Nova System.

I would like to use it in "patch mode" or what ever it's called. For example:

Patch 1:
    Kemper Profile A, Nova Chorus and Nova Delay

Patch 2:
    Kemper Profile B, Nova Compressor and Nova Vibe

Patch 3:
    Kemper Profile C, Nova Delay and Nova Reverb

Patch 4:
    Kemper Profile A, no effects

…and so on.

Is that possible?

I've heard that there can be some delay in the switching between patches on the Nova. Is that something that you've noticed? That's a deal breaker.

Would you recommend any other unit similar to the Nova System to do what I'm looking for? Like a midi controller with built in effects. Preferably in the Nova Systems price range.

Hi guys

I'm new to KPA. I tried one for 5 day (my local retailer is so awesome) and I loved it, but when it comes to effects I'm still not sure what it's capable of.

I play in a metal band and our intention is to keep our live sound as close to the record as possible. Our drummer plays with a click track together with our backing track. Off course, our songs have different tempos and I need to set a different BPM to every song and tap tempo is not an option.

I'll be using a midi foot controller with my Kemper and I'm basically going to set it up like this (example):

Song 1 - Bank 1:

1: Rythm sound, no fx
    2: Clean sound, fx @ 110 bpm
    3: Rythm sound, fx @ 110 bpm
    4: Lead sound, fx @ 110 bpm

Song 2 - Bank 1:

5: Rythm sound, no fx
    6: Clean sound, fx @ 96 bpm
    7: Lead sound, fx @ 96bpm

Is this possible with the Kemper? I'm looking to keep my rig simple with only the Kemper, a tuner and a midi board. I think that the effects sound good enough, so hopefully I can sell my G-force and keep it simple! :D