Controlling the KPA with a TC Nova System?

• Hi

I'm new to the Kemper (mine is arriving in a few weeks) and I wonder how you can controll the KPA with a TC Electronic Nova System.

I would like to use it in "patch mode" or what ever it's called. For example:

Patch 1:
    Kemper Profile A, Nova Chorus and Nova Delay

Patch 2:
    Kemper Profile B, Nova Compressor and Nova Vibe

Patch 3:
    Kemper Profile C, Nova Delay and Nova Reverb

Patch 4:
    Kemper Profile A, no effects

…and so on.

Is that possible?

I've heard that there can be some delay in the switching between patches on the Nova. Is that something that you've noticed? That's a deal breaker.

Would you recommend any other unit similar to the Nova System to do what I'm looking for? Like a midi controller with built in effects. Preferably in the Nova Systems price range.

• I've owned a Nova System (sold it a while back) but I don't think the effects were better than those in the KPA. It's certainly possible to control the KPA with the NS but it's not the most flexible midi controller so, unless you already have the NS, I'd recommend a dedicated midi controller such as an fcb1010, for use with the KPA. It will give you much more flexibility, greater control and it's a much cheaper option. Add an Uno4kemper chip and it's pretty much plug 'n' play.

BTW, the Nova switches work on release rather than depress (like most stomp switches) so it takes a bit of getting used to and can lead to a delay when switching patches.