Posts by Sleepdead

Awesome stuff, all my profiles of amps with lots of low end stuff sounds a lot better and the ones with diodes in the cirucit sounds a lot more like the real thing. Also noticed that profiled processors or vst sounds better. Big thumb up! Now there is nothing like the kemper at all out there. Beats all the tone matches of both Axe Fx and Line 6 down the toilet. Sell your processors and buy a Kemper!

Ipad/iphone and android support for RM would be the best thing ever. Ultra portable and probably easier to program than osx version.

Wouldn't exactly call it phasing or flanger, it is obviously oscillation, which is very common in tube amps, this is actually something that could be very annoying when profiling amps because most of the time it is ultra-sonic and not hear-able. I think I might go back to 2.3.3 myself. Kemper should roll back to that firmware with RM because it is obviously what their users want. Improved parameters in cab section should be brought back to the drawing table again.

Wonder why 2.4.1beta is taking so long when CK knew what to do a week ago, 2.4.0 is clearly too low frequency biased and if you roll back to 2.3.3 you loose important aspects as improved cab parameters/tweaking and RM. Hope this is solved ASAP! Miss the real tone of the kemper and now all of my profiles sound like crap (in comparing to what they did on 2.3.3).

Setteling for less sound quality because of the lack of built in interface? Even if you bought the axe-fx, it still would be more expensive than the roland and the kemper, which works superb.

Althought another proof that the only culpits left are built in interface and dedicated foot controller.

You really don't need time, if you have the rig manager loaded in your computer and a usb cable between it and your KPA, you could test every damn amp on the Rig Exchange in about a couple of hours. If you can't find one amp that you like on there, it is something wrong with your ears or your guitar.

Axe Fx is a great modeller, if your only used to playing with modellers, vst's and transistor practice amps the Kemper would sound completly different. Miced up fat tube guitar sound with great dynamics isn't for everyone. But it is much more usefull than something you could only play at home (without tweaking it for hours or weeks).

Welcome back dude!
    Yeah there are indeed many awesime profiles out there right now, most regular amps are covered quite well. And the only stuff we're really waiting for or searching after is rare amps and famous ones used by great artists or modified specialities.

Yeah headphone space made it worth having a pair of headphones for some quiet and presice monitoring.

Selling one of my Lee Jackson preamps. This is the 87 transitional version which makes it the same as the 88 marshall voiced version. It has also been updated at V1 to a hot marshall voicing.
    Located in Norway. Asking $400/€340 plus shipping.

Contact me at private message.
    Partially trade could be a Sennheiser e906

Everything Lee Jackson ever toutched are pure bliss. Especially his oldest Fender and Marshall mods, your profiles really justifies it. LJ Marshall 1 is Slashes tone right there. And use a harsher mic and guitae and it is paul gilbert :)

Hehe the only thing I sold just after I got my Kemper was my old Pod X3 Live, and that was to finance a mic or two for profiling ;) Still got like 9 amps (7 tube) and pod HD300, while I don't use the transistor and hd300 much more, the tube amps are quite inreplaceable, even with the Kemper. It is just a supplement for easier recording and home playing and maybe eventually giging (for me).

Seems like this LED problem isn't just a bad batch, but all Kempers from the first ones up to a certain point (I hope), at least I know how to change LEDs myself in guitar units, but it is still very annoying. I have a 25 year old Lee Jackson unit, and it's power-on led still works, also a 14 year old Rocktron Intellifex with all LEDs working, so why should LEDs in a new unit that are 2-3 year old start to die? I'd change the LED manufactor for sure if I was responsible for the unit

One post wonder...and will stear people to lesser products just because he got unlucky with a known bad batch of units (LED issue). Now DSP errors could accure, but very few units actually have to be sent in because of it. I'm sorry this happened to you any your friends, but it is common issues that have been taken care of.

Yes Kemper should never have shipped them out in the first place, and nowadays they send a replacement front if wanted. No need to ship the unit in anymore. Also when you look at the units in stock it is very hard for the company to replace a unit because of their limited production intensity. They're currently selling more than they manage to produce. Also how are you transpoting these unit between shows, and how are they placed at shows? Screwed to a rack or just carried in a handbag? I wouldn't trust a lunchbox in any flight or bus transport unless is was really secured in a non-rattleling rack.

And it is really not a "head/top" it should not sit on top of the cabinets, that shake loose parts and fry LEDs for sure. It should be treated as rack gear no matter if it is a lunchbox or a rack edition.

Difference on the inside of the amp is one extra gain stage on the 5152. Also it has some less values for bass cap and higher cap value on first gainstage. This all equals less bassy tones, more fizzy high ends and less distortion, but more volume. However 5152 has a lot better cleans than 5150. Almost fenderish. And EVH has always been known for a super trebly tone with little bass anyways so it suited him good. However for metal 5150 all the way. The newer fender one is a mix of those two. Good cleans and thight distorted tone.

Edit: 5150 have more of an american mesa kind of chug to it, almost like a mark 3/rectifier and the 5152 is very similar to the Marshall Dsl/tsl series on chrunch and lead channels