Just upgraded in 2.40. first try

• I think that there's a slight change in the low frequencies, as others stated.
    But the upgrade in the cab section makes of 2.4.0 one of the best upgrades so far.
    Unbelievable how now every control of the cab is usable and every setting drives to a great sound.
    Really.

• "

Some of you prefer more chunk or bottom but... IMO the KPA should sound as the profiled amp not as the profiled amp with enhanced lows.

hi pacocito.......we are not arguing about the low end which is pretty personal.

the thread started in order to check if there was a difference between the two firmwares. as a matter of fact there is one, even if slight. and most of the thread partecipant liked better the new one. and who partecipated to the listening mentioned the reason of the preference, which in this case was the low end.

so you're right: the kpa must sound as the amp is. but this is not the matter of the post, isn't it? :)

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I am back to 2.33 - since I like to do some profiling - and when I adjust for 2.4pb it may sound not great later.

btw. love the 2.4 cab parameters too

... waiting for the next os ...

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• This is the first Beta that truly affected the sound in a "big" way, so don't be afraid of Beta unless you gig for a living.

For at home usage, you can roll with any Beta issues. Besides, FINDING issues with Beta is the point, right?

• If your want to be a beta tester, cool. I did it for Adobe, Boris FX and AJA for many years.

Anyone using the Kemper in a professional situation usually wont take chances with beta software. We can see why with 2.4.

As for me. beta testing...been there...done that....rather wait for final release.

But if you want to live on the bleeding edge and help troubleshoot bugs I heartily encourage you to do so! :)

Edited once, last by lasvideo ().

• Well, it's so easy to load a different OS version that testing a beta for some hours a week doesn't look really demanding to me. It's not a choice you have to do once and for all, I mean

:)

• Finally got back to the states and gave this a whirl, and the Kemper now sounds absolutely glorious, just as it did with 2.3 and before. They totally nailed the sound of the Kemper 2.3 <= with this one.

The adjusted cab controls really do seem much better though, I'm not sure if it's just reduced the throw or if the algorithm is slightly different but it doesn't seem to create that phasey/nasal false sound as much now when adjusting the controls, which was the reason I wasn't bothering with them in the past. I look forward to using these much more now.

So good job Kemper Team. I'm happy with the beta.

• Some of you prefer more chunk or bottom but... IMO the KPA should sound as the profiled amp not as the profiled amp with enhanced lows.

That's exactly my point of view, I don't spend a lot of time tweaking hundreds of profiles and suddenly there's a noticable sound difference.... not acceptable ;)

After installing 2.4 I heard a sound difference (for the first time) and went back to 2.3.3, not a big deal, now I'm waiting for the final release with bugs fixed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I went back to 2.3.3 for one main reason : all my own profiles clip when I play low E and A strings. It would take a lot of time to retweak all of them, and it would be for nothing as FW2.4.1 will come soon and solve this matter. So for the first time (I always upgraded with beta softwares), I prefer waiting for FW2.4.1...

However, I really enjoyed the new cab parameters when I tested the FW2.4 and it will be for me a major improvement when this bass bug will be corrected

• Wonder why 2.4.1beta is taking so long when CK knew what to do a week ago, 2.4.0 is clearly too low frequency biased and if you roll back to 2.3.3 you loose important aspects as improved cab parameters/tweaking and RM. Hope this is solved ASAP! Miss the real tone of the kemper and now all of my profiles sound like crap (in comparing to what they did on 2.3.3).