Posts by Per

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The absentminded probably don't last long on the plains in big ol farm country

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks Monkey_Man ! Tbh I feel like I’m locked in a quagmire or mediocre not very original right now. One of those plateaux on the journey, hopefully I’ll figure out what needs to change and how to achieve it to up the game soon.

New tune, The garage

I wrote this tonight using a stock TAF Hywatt profile with a little extra drive. I used a Fender Strat. The organ is EZkeys2

https://www.reverbnation.com/j…/song/34447324-the-garage

Total fakey on the intro synth stab Franjoe30 had me doing a quick 180! Sounds great, shades of Genesis/Phil era on the synth tone, I think this actually sounds more modern than the rest are saying though, if you imagine a Katy or Taylor like vocal on there this slips right into modern pop territory.

Sounds great EL34 very cool modern surf with that drum sound combined with the fantastic tone. Gotta give bonus brownie points for making your own guitar too!

Hmm, I see that they’re both variants of classic blues on the chords. Come up and see me is a sort of inverted version IV-I-IV-I-V, I’m doing straight blues I-IV-I-IV-V with a different melody, pace and harmony, there’s similarities in that the arrangements both feature chordal backing vocals. I’m not too bothered by it tbh as chordal harmonies aren’t owned by Cockney Rebel, but good catch.

Are you sure Monkey_Man ? I’ll have to check, but I think the only similarity is there’s a vocal cord in the background and the vocal styling is Dillon/Reed-esque, come up and see me is C : IV-I-V and the chorus is II-IV-I-V . This is G : I-VI-V, chorus/bridge is I-IV then the old I-IV-V, outro is modulated to the minor and I-VI-III-V