Posts by Xander

This may be hard to grasp at first, but there is a great chance that you actually may have been selected to participate in the "takening"!
    Happened to a friend of mine once, he was noodeling around on his telecaster playing the opening part of starway to heaven when suddenly high pitched 4k sound appeared out of his ac 30 and BOOM he was gone!

Only thing they found in the living room was a part of a burned left sock and a note stating that the "aliens finally got me"
    He did come back though and refused to say if probing took place or not...

But try another cable as someone stated earlier to see if that helps. RF interference is a pain to troubleshoot and i hope you will get it sorted out.
    Sounds like it could be something automated causing the interference as someone also stated, so streetlights, mechanical shops, neighbours robot lawnmower nearby etc. Keep notes of time of day it happens and narrow it down from there. And be sure to rule out aliens ;)

Hi Cederick

I have a 2gen 18i20 it works pretty well.
    Running about 5ms when recording one guitar, not sure if or how much you will need to turn the buffers up when adding more tracks.

I recorded a drum session with 10 inputs via adat from my Steinberg mr 816 to the Focusrite and it worked very well.
    One thing, i feel like it doesn`t sound as good and has lower output volume compared to the Steinberg, but for the price it is good enough.

You could buy a higher end small interface with adat and a Behringer ada8200 or something similar or use your Tascam with spdif (less channels, can`t remember how many)

Before i got my frfr box, i once compared my gt1000fx with a mesa 50/50 into a mesa 2x12.
    One thing i felt was the imidiate release of power from the tube amp compared to the solid state Matrix.
    You got that powerful boom sound from the speakers when you hit the strings, with the matrix you didn`t get that.

I am not any electrical guru, but could it be that tube amps deliever power more rapidly than solid state? Or atleast in larger initial current?

Not very likely: *Kpa combo 2x12, collab with either matrix or some other amp/ speaker builder or maybe an frfr solution. Kemper version 2

More likely: *Kemper floor model, pedal profiler and wireless system for footcontroller

Most likely: * Editor, reverbs, eq matching to suppliment refining in some way, other effects and controllers.

Maybe :)

Hi i dont know if this has something to do with it, but have you checked that direct mix in the amp section is set right? I dont know if this hits before or after the transpose effect... Just a thought

I can relate to what OhG is saying.
    I have the dxr 10 and i`ve had it flub out on a couple of band rehearsals at loud volumes. Its a nice speaker, but when you are near max volume it can`t reproduce the frequensies as well and fart out in the lower mids. Will try the firehawk 1500 vs dxr 15 for my next purchase. I guess it has something with music genre and how loud the other bandmembers are to how the dxr 10 works for you.

I play rythm guitar (drop c) in a fairly loud prog rock band and i feel like i need more punch than the dxr 10 is willing to give. It`s easier to dial down say a dxr 15 than to exeed limitations of the dxr 10

Hi! In our band the other guitarist had a Kemper playing through an Jbl 15" frfr and myself playing through kemper and dxr 10. Last rehersal he had sold his kemper and got an evh 5150||| with matching 2x12 cab.

The sound separation is much better between us now when he plays trough his 5150 i think.
    We play loud, so my dxr is at aprox 80% of max.

To the other guy who wondered about dxr 10 and 8 stringed...
    Try the dxr15, it sounds identical to the dxr 10 but with more low end on tap if you need it and goes a bit louder.
    It`s easier to remove low end from a 15" than to add low end to a 10" that can`t handle it:)
    The firehawk also sound interesting, i mean if Devin Townsend chooses to use it with his kemper live it can`t suck that bad ;)

Hi Glen

If you are also going to use the monitor for bass i would recommend the Yamaha DXR 15. I tested both the dxr10 and the 15 in the store and the sound very much the same exept for a bit more bass response as for the 15" driver which could come in handy bassguitar wise.
    You can also drive the dxr 15 a bit louder if you have a issue with loud drummers or mesa 4x12 as you said:)

If you have the chance go check some monitors out and find the one you like the most.
    Someone on the forum stated that the most important part is how the audience hears you, but it is also nice to have a monitor that inspires your performance.
    If you sound good you play good kind of idea.

I can share my view on the subject.
    When i got the kemper i played it through a matrix gt 1000 and a vertical mesa 2x12.
    Sounded great, but the sound dispersion was what shifted me towards frfr.
    The cab is very directional and i could hear it nice when it was behind me on my side but the drummer and bassist got the icepick experience.
    Difficult to adjust the volume between yourself and the others in the band.

The other thing is that a cab sounds good, but all the profiles tend to sound very similar.
    Plus the dxr 10 is much easier to transport:)

How is the sound dispersion on the Katana amps?

Hi i think that you said you have changed pickups lately? Are you sure that theese are wired correctly and are not set too close to your strings? I dont know if you have tried the guitar on something else than the kemper to rule out the guitar? Sorry if this has been mentioned already:)

Hi i was in your place also. I have a Mesa 2x12 vertical cab and a Matrix gt-1000 fx and the sound coming from it is great, but very directional as cabs are and the profiles doesn`t differ alot from eachother soundwise.

I had used a friends dxr12 and found it a bit boxy so i went to the store checking out dxr10 and 15. They sounded very much alike exept the 15 had more low end which i came to the conclusion had to be highpassed away anyways in a band setting.

I have now used the dxr10 at bandpractice 2 times and find the sound dispersion much better compared to the cab and it has enough lowend. I also locked an eq in with lowpass up to around 9k or something to avoid the highest frequencies which doesn`t do any good.

On a side note i am a bit worried that i should have gone with the 15 since our drummer is WERY loud and i almoast crank the dxr 10, but this i have to doublecheck with the volumecontrols on the Kemper before i can say that this is absolutely true:)

So conclusion from my point of view: dxr10 sounds better than dxr12 for some odd reason and if you are planning on playing insanely loud, use baritone or 7 string guitar go for the dxr 15