Posts by MaxMax

Hi, i updated yesterday to the latest firmware, because i had already in the past randomly the issue, that the kemper would not give me any outputsound after booting (but NOT CRASHING completely) when the connected expression pedal is not properly recognized or in a wrong pedal position while the kemper powerhead rack version is booting.
    but with the latest firmware release (2.4) it got even worser: now i need to (!) unplug (the amp is not responding to any key presses nor can i use the off/tuner/browse/perform/profile knob to switch off!)the kemper 3 (!) times to get it once boot properly and initializing the midi controller with exp. pedal!
    please fix this issue asap, thats far away from being a professional amp i want to work with!
    i can cut out any configuration problems from my point of view: because when the midi footcontroller and the expr. pedal IS properly initialized and recognized by the kemper amp, everything works flawlessly: that means, i can switch presets, toggle the stomp boxes, i can control volume on this preset with the pedal, alter pitch on another preset, or use it as wah shifting pedal on a third presets....this works all flawlessly, except that i need to reboot the amp 3 times in a row, because the amp would just crash/hang and give me the tuner picture on the frontpanel and nothing else :( i can do than pull the plug again.
    greetings

Hi, i own my KPA rack power now for 2 weeks, but yesterday it happened to me too: powered on -> Input AND output LED are green while playing but no signal coming from monitor out (at home i play on small 10w combo, just in practice room i use the power amp section).
    after ~3-5 shutdown/reboots and switching power amp on/off in the outputmenu, and altering volume on all outputs the signal came back but no idea what was the solution!
    please fix this issue, i cannot imagine what would happen if i drive to a gig with KPA and it does not work!

i think that it has something to do with the position of the volume pedal (so not fully heel nor fully toe position) connected over rocktron midi mate as an expression pedal while powering on the KPA but i am not 100% sure because this error (no signal out) is not really reproduceable (midi channel #1 is used only by KPA and midi mate (no omni mode!), pedal #1 continous controller channel is used, rate 1 (= every millisecond the position of the pedal is send to the KPA, no problems with this in any of the wah/pitch/volume presets)

thanks

+1, i can even program an ~20 years old Rocktron Intellifex on a personal computer with sysex and midi dumping/USB-midi interface, so why not the KPA?