Posts by chamelious

I've only spent a few hours with it so far so that's possible. I still think maybe I'm doing something wrong somewhere. Almost every high gain profile i've tried doesn't sound "high gain" at all until i use the boost stomp?

Guitars and monitors have worked fine for 2 of my bands albums :)

I downloaded "ola england"'s profiles, one of which is just about usable :) Are there any other sources i can use? Starting to wonder if maybe i'm doing something wrong somewhere, all the high gain sounds very thin. (Haven't accidently disabled cab sim!)

Just got my KPA rack home, updated the firmware to the latest version. Had a scroll through the factory patchs and haven't found anything usable in terms of modern metal sounds, its all either cleans or classic rock as far as i can see. I presume i'm going to need to download some profiles, can anyone point me in the right direction?

So i just ordered a KPR!

Quick question, am i able to include a tubescreamer in the signal chain (like every metal band in the world!)? I've just been looking, i assumed i'd be able to do this but now i'm not so sure. It looks to me like i may have to assign a TS to one of the 4 stomp boxes? This is going to be a real annoyance if so, as i will only want the tubescreamer active on my distortion patchs and not on my clean ones.

Buy the Kemper Power Rack, not the regular version, add the FCB1010 plus Uno4Kemper chip, your Cabinet of choice, done...perfect 'live' rig! :)

Why would you want to buy a separate poweramp when you can have a Bang & Olufsen Class D poweramp built right in?

Because the powered version is £500 more expensive, ridiculous!

I should've mentioned, i do realise i'll need a power amp and cab etc. This is what i visualize:

Rack with KPA, power cond, power amp, line 6 G50 (maybe i'll upgrade to the G90), 2x12 cab with V30's. Floor controller, probably FCB1010.

I'm considering taking the plunge and going down the KPA route. I'm confident it'll be a massive boon in the studio for demo's and future recordings, but i'd like to be able to use it live too if i'm spending that much money.

I wondered if people would be willing to share how they have their live KPA rigs configured? For eg, i'd like to have only one floor controller and do away with my pedalboard, but from what i've seen, this would mean walking over to the KPA to tune. Ultimately live i'd like to keep it simple, with foot switch-able patchs (with pre configured FX, rather than a stompbox style arrangement, can i do this?).

Apologies if this info is elsewhere, i actually find the main Kemper website pretty uninformative.