Posts by ericmolnar

Yes...same or similar issue. Running on a Mac. Latest editor (3.0.100) and firmware. I went to load performances from Rig Manager as I have a set for Sunday and can't get the performances to load. When I copy/paste in the Rig Manager, they show correctly in the GUI, but nothing changes on the profiler. I'm connected and can see the profiler (ie it loads all the existing profiles/performances) but can't send to the profiler.

I've restarted the profiler and rig manager.

I finally got SPDIF to work but not sure what, if anything, I did. I was going to try changing the sample rates like a few posts indicated, but when I plugged in tonight, it worked fine. Odd..though it looks like Kemper knows what's going on. And at least there is a process to try if it doesn't work in the future.

Thanks all for the great feedback. And Kemper for monitoring the boards!

Just got the Stage. Very stoked and starting to transfer profiles/performances over.

Unfortunately, I can't get the SPDIF to send a signal to my interface. I have my old Kemper hooked up and the SPDIF works fine.

They are set at 44.1Khz. I've tried internal and external for a clock source on my interface. On my rack, both sources work. On the Stage, neither seems to work. I'm plugging into the top SPDIF connector.

Anyone else run into SPDIF issues with the Stage? Wanted to ask before I open a support ticket.

Maybe I didn't explain the idea well.

While we can reamp now, you can't save your profile with the recording project; you have to manually find it. In addition you have to manually run an XLR or SPDIF to and from the Kemper. If it ran in a VST, the routing would be taken care of plus (hopefully) the editor that was informally announced in another post would also be available. Just like other instrument VSTs, everything would be right there for you to use in your project.

Line6 just announced something similar with their Helix and while the Kemper is awesome, the convenience of having it in a VST(or at least routing thru a VST to the profiler) would make life easier for recording sessions.

I did a search and didn't see this request. It also looks like the Virus synth has this ability so hoping it's already on the Kemper development roadmap.

It would be great to have the ability, like the Virus TI to run the Kemper as a VST. Essentially, it would have the following specs:

• VST plugin that can be used in any of the major DAWs
    • Ability to route the audio from the DAW to the Kemper for processing, thus saving the computer from running the profiling algorithms (ie reduced CPU load). This would also eliminate any coding/challenges in rewriting the core Kemper software to work on Mac/Windows/Linux.
    • The ability to save the VST / presets in the song for later recall. This is huge as an end user would not need to manually find the profile on their Kemper.
    • Ability to change paremeters (effects, stomps, eq, etc.) straight from the VST. This is probably similar to the editor that has been requested so hoping it could leverage some of that code.

This seems like it could be a really nice feature for studio work and sessions...especially for those of us who have to manually track the profiles we are using to record and come back to old projects on a regular basis. I know there has to be more thought into different use cases/scenarios, but overall it would be a good feature.

I'm getting the same error. Running Win 10 64 bit. There is no 64 bit installer for Rig Manager available as of the time of this post. The link is for a 32 bit version.

Bummer. But thanks to the Kemper team for all the new stuff as I'm sure this is just a slight bump in the road. Can't blame them with NAMM and all.

I've had volume issues since upgrading as well. Never had an issue before this...always kept it at 2 or 3. Now...I often have it all the way up and still not much signal.

I went thru the settings and everything seemed OK. Headroom also seems to be an issue as I'm clipping more and at low volumes. I've used the same guitar and profiles with it pre and post upgrade.

It's a little nerve racking when I play Sunday mornings and at practices whereas before it was plus and play. Literally.

2-3 crashes in very public performances. However, I contacted support and they first tried to fix the unit...which didn't work since the fixed unit promptly crashed at my next gig...then they replaced it

I've done about 30 gigs plus many recording sessions with the new unit and no issues. Kemper support was great to work with and the long warranty is very cool.

In hindsight, I should have stress tested more in/thru practice and then contacted support at the first sign of an issue.

I had used some of the Avalon preamps in the past for bass but looked around to see if there was something new/better on the Rig Exchange since I had to play bass this weekend and looking for new stuff on the RE is always fun.

I found a bass profile titled 'DRAGON' and it really worked well at home (playing to backing tracks) so used it today at church. Very, very nice...and got a lot of compliments about the tone/FOH sound. Surprisingly, it is just the amp in the profile...I didn't have a compressor or anything else on, but it has a nice natural compression in the amp itself.

Obviously, your mileage will vary (I have an Ibanez SR500 bass) but can definitely recommend!

I had that happen to me twice on stage. It is a very painful experience. After the first time, which had also included crashes during practice, I contacted support and they had me send it in to get fixed. The newly repaired unit then crashed a couple more times after I received it, so after contacting support again, they replaced the unit. No problems at all with the new unit; not one crash in 10-15 gigs plus practices.

if your problem isn't related to firmware and you have another crash, you may want to contact support.

ok..so found this thread...I'm trying to use the 'store to pool' function since I've edited some patches in the performance bank. When I press 'Rig' with a patch called up while in Performance mode, the soft buttons have 'Clear I' through 'Clear IIII' named and the buttons for the stomp/effects switch assignments on the remote are displayed. There is no 'store to pool' option. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Used it last night at practice. No issues...except when power was cut to the outlet...apparently I plugged into an outlet that usually has lights and the light tech cut the power.

It took a long time to reboot and then a bit longer for the remote to connect and be operable.

Still working on the display. Had the 'lines' in the display issue before practice and fixed it with the contrast but it was a little hard to read on stage..so need to work on that with the remote settings on the kemper itself.

Had mine delivered yesterday. Dayton Ohio area. Did a quick setup....will be playing with it Thursday at band practice and then Sunday at three services at church, so should have a better feel after that.

As others have stated, in person it's a bit smaller than you expect. One note...when you hook up for the first time, it goes thru an update sequence. It takes a few minutes and then you are good to go.

Also, need to spend some time on 'workflow'. I can see how to set the performance mode and it loads the presets, but I can't see how to view the available/assigned effects in that mode...or if it's possible. In browse mode on the KPA, it just goes up/down thru the whole list of presets. Which is nice...if you don't have 100s of presets. I might have to take off all my non-favorites and just keep a handful.

The looper is pretty fun. Tuner works well. Tap tempo works well, plus the beat detect (when you hold the tap tempo button down) works very well. We do some songs where the click starts right after the previous song and it's hard to tap in and then play so the beat detect might get some more use.

Right...too bad they couldn't do in order of public gig. I have one March 1st (my monthly at church); but mine won't be here until after March 2nd. Thankful that it will be here soon though. One of the other guitarists just bought a kemper after borrowing mine for a week. Another is looking at it...he'll look more when we play together in a week. Might have 4-5 Kempers sold in the next month. And...once they see the remote, might have a few of those sold.

Ditto on the P&W front. The rest of our guitarists use POD HDs and they all have multiple delays per patch. While their tone isn't as nice as the kemper, being able to switch the delays is so nice. So much of the modern praise music has short/long/dotted/multi delays. I've debated getting a separate delay pedal since the kemper can't handle.

Thanks for all the feedback. I played out on Saturday and Sunday with the KPA and it was great. No issues with the XLR out vs. the headphone out, so apparently it is my desktop reference monitors that are a problem. I probably need to raise them a bit and get some isolation pads.