Posts by Mago

Not sure which direction the thread exactly took, but I'm gonna give my 2c haha

Personally I aim for around 60% of the new price whenever I buy or sell. Depending on how good the condition is etc...
    Everything you did to the Instrument/Gear can be considered decreasing the value, not increasing it in my mind.
    Because why should I have to pay for additions you decided to get, who's to say I was ok with those choices?
    For example pickups: If you still have the original ones swap them out with the add on, but don't expect me to pay more for pickups I don't want.

And it's the same thing with profiles on the Kemper. It's a nice bonus, but you can't expect people to pay for something they didn't intend on buying themselves.
    You'd have to be lucky to find someone who exactly wants what you did to the thing you sell, or your collection of profiles fits the taste of the buyer.
    Which wouldn't be a good scenario, cause most non-Kemper folks wouldn't know what kind of profiles they want I guess.
    And if people already had a Kemper but sold it, then I bit they kept the profiles in case they get another Kemper at some spot.

Either way, the profiles/upgrades are non essential for a 2nd hand buyer in my mind. Nice bonus, but don't expect to get payed extra for it.
    Example: I wouldn't pay extra for a guitar that had it's pickups switched for EMGs. Why? Cause I still have a couple laying around at home.

As far as the mentality goes for sellers: I can't speak for all of us vendors, but I think most guys just don't want you to zip up all your profiles and sell them yourself.
    If you leave them on your Kemper then I also don't care too much. That's not doing any real damage in my mind, compared to pirating/sharing groups at least.

Thanks man, nice clip! Love KsE!

Working on a lot of stuff at the moment, I might be doing another bundle though, so I don't know yet if I'll release the single packs as I go.
    So people who want to get all the amps also get the benefit of the bundle and don't buy the single packs before hand!

I'm pretty surprised how much I like to use the profiles myself. Really a little Diamond that amp!

btw meambobbo, a while back you did a clip of the Uber pack with an Airis Effects Savage Drive. Been wanting to get one ever since I first heard a clip, your clip didn't make the GAS any better, so I jumped on a sale that was on lately. Really killer Pedal!

If I get around I might update the Uber with some Savage Drive boosted profiles

Cheers guys! Oh yeah, the Über is not only a Metal monster. It does a lot of things really really well, dry british rock too!

Well now I don't wanna disappoint and have to look into doing those Oranges haha

@Quitty
    here are the clips of the Einstein I promised!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mago, the ubershell is absolutely KICK ASS, man please please please do the thunder verb and rock verb, il even give you the pay pal up front, thats how impressed i am with the ubershell. I dont know if its the mesa cab or your talent or both.,.

Mago, you are the shite, they are smooth as brother..i am using a LP on them so far and cant put them down.
    hanging out for the rest man.

Ash

haha thanks man!
    I'll do my best to find the time on those oranges ;)

well I don't know how much it has to do with either talent or the mesa cab...I already made shitty cabs with the mesa that I didn't use and delete. Of course it's an awesome cab (one of the very best out there IMO), but you can f*ck up the micing on that one as well.

as far as talent goes...you don't really wanna know how much time I spent learning how to mic a cab, so I wouldn't say it's a talent thing per se ;)

Those JC samples sound like what i always *believed *the JC100 could sound like, but never could get it there. Awesome!

Say, are there raw, guitars-only samples of your Einstein?.. I'm considering it for a new album, but need some isolated samples to make the call.

Thanks! Maybe the JCA still had those stock pre amp tubes? Those take a lot of life out the amp, upgrading them really opens the amp up and lets it breathe.
    Also the orange cab I used on this pack is a really good match for the amp.

No there are no single guitar clips yet of the Einstein. I kind of forgot about doing those, sorry! I'll do them this weekend!

I guess in the long run I'll do all the amps I can do, and the Rockerverb and Thunderverbs where always the Oranges I was more interested in compared to others of their line!

I'm in the middle of finishing a new pack, here's some samples in the mean time!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey Mago, any chance you could look at doing an Orange Rocker/Rockerverb pack at some point if you ever happen to get your hands on one please? I'm struggling to find many merged profiles anywhere, seems crazy for how popular they are.

Hey Ben, I wasn't actually aware that there's that kind of demand. I know of a Thunderverb 200 and a Rockerverb 50 if I'm not mistaken, would that do the trick?
    I don't have any schedule for the next time (other work keeps getting in the way), but I wanna do a lot more amps.

So if those do the trick I'll also include them to the list ;)

It can still be a good idea to also profile lower gain settings dude.
    Sometimes they turn out more accurate than just turning down the gain!

And also sometimes they sound cool when you increase the gain on lo gain profiles to hi gain. It doesn't harm to have both imo!

Nice to hear Ben!

I really like the Einstein myself...totally underrated amp!
    I just don't get around making good low gain clips these days.

The orange cab seems to be hit or miss. I like the mesa cab more too, but those can be tricky with Diezel amps.
    This specific mesa cab is one of my favourites as well!

While this reflects the terminology that probably SHOULD be used, a lot of profiles labeled as DI is actually "DA" (Direct AMP) profiles - i.e. taken not from the effects loop, but from the speaker output using an attenuator. For these, you'd put a cab from another profile in it, or use it with a power amp (preferably solid state) and a cab.

Oh wow, that makes a lot more sense. I just thought it was called "DI" profile cause you do that with a DI box (or also attenuator as you wrote).
    Direct Amp profile makes a lot more sense and it's also what it is called in the manual. No idea why I went with "DI" myself.
    I feel slightly dumb now haha

Cheers guys, thanks for the plug and glad you dig them!

It's not easy to pop up in search engines when you can't use the original amp names in the titles, unfortunately.

Jordon seems to have discontinued his profiles, at least I can't find them. I remember I wanted to get those too when they came out.

Thanks man!

Yeah, a DI/Merged profile can be used the same way a studio profile can. Plus it has more advantages with a real cab and when you switch the cab part to other merged cabs. Or the amp part to other DI profiled amps!

You don't need to do anything special if you want to use it as a studio profile. Just load and be happy!

I'm gonna have to look up which profiles I used in the clip! I'll get back here with that info!

A big part of the differences between profiles come from the used CABs, mics, mic placement, cables, room, mic pre, ...

By selling a merged profile - lets asume the amp / cab,mic seperation is perfect - could everybody create a simple DI profile(with a di box) and then combine with the rest from a professional setup.

Yeah I get that concern...but that was always kind of possible with the Kemper anyway. Not as exact, but still good enough for a lot of people.

And in general, cause I still read it:
    I can't stress it enough, merged has the same sound quality as studio profiles. They sound the same. If your studio and merged profiles don't sound the same, then something went wrong during profiling. Bad quality DI box, bad gain staging etc. It has only upsides to use merged profiles, no downsides, period.

Little Mix test with the Uber and the Archon. Great combination!

...I don't really get what you mean, honestly.

What I ment with the restart, was that if you copy merged rigs to the kemper from the rig manager, you have to restart to kemper in order for the new rigs to be visible in the amp browse menu.