Posts by glennfin

Another big THANK YOU to the Kemper folks for the upcoming rig manager.
    In addition, I couldn't be happier with my KPA in fact to show just how happy I really am, I just bought a second one.
    One in my studio, and one for live use. (both Rack units) 8) 8) 8)

Ditto Raoul23.......... It's seems people will always find something to piss and moan about.

I use the FCB1010 and the free editor/configuration software and it's great. Never had a problem and it's EASY to work with. I have absolutely no need for a dedicated foot controller from Kemper. Frankly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. :cursing:

As others have said, if your computer doesn't recognize the flash drive, and you've tried it on different ports, that's game over for the flash drive right there.
    If the Pc doesn't recognize the flash drive, don't expect the kemper to.
    One thing to mention, some flash drives come with utility software on the drive. Since the kemper wants a blank drive, I would first wipe it clean or format it with your computer then try it in the kemper. Hope that helps...sorry you're having troubles.

I haven't been inside of a pro studio in New York City that incorporates Windows-based computers into their workflow. Sooner the better regarding getting the Mac version of the rig manager out. It's just not a good look, leaving the highest profile Kemper users behind for too long. My hope is that they're planning a simultaneous IOS release, which may justify the delay.

That may be the case for pro studios but I think you'll find the number of pro studios compared to home studios, project studios and just guitar players with home computers is very small. In other words, there are more windows based PC's than macs. I'm sure if the reverse was true Kemper would have started with mac development. Not wanting to start yet another PC vs Mac thread (please no!) ?( In addition, we are talking about a free application being provided by the manufacturer who is under no obligation to do so. Lets be patient. 8)

i don't know about the technical backgrounds... but not all of the stuff has to be loaded in the first place. just load the last selected preset and get the thing running. things like profiling routines can be loaded in the background once the unit is running. but it would be better for live use to have a minimum boot-time in case the unit has to be rebooted live.

I would NEVER operate a piece of microprocessor based gear live without being connected to a UPS. With all the power problems I've experienced over the years at live venues operating without a UPS is just asking for trouble.

Yes, really guys... cool down. Complaining, complaining, complaining... :thumbdown:

Some people want the wife drunk and the barrel full, as we say in Italy.
    I'd want to remember to those who seem to have forgotten it, that Kemper doesn't owe us nothing, apart from Undo/Redo and Performance mode which were quoted in the manuals and we have hence "bought".
    Let the guys breathe, for goodness' sake.

Exactly! For crying out loud! They're providing a FREE application.

Oh that's funny because I had the same issue... I Installed mine into a rack then went to register but didn't have the serial number.... you should have seen me in there with a mirror and a flashlight tring to read the serial number off the bottom of the unit in the rack ..... didn't know about the system menu option :wacko:

Great news! Looking forward to Rig Manager. I assume this is equivalent to a librarian?

I'm also assumimg that Kemper starts with a windows based application for the simple reason that there are more PC's than macs?? (Flame suit on)

I've been profiling my Mesa Formula Pre lately and I've had much better results using the cab sim output from the preamp, directly into the Kemper.

The post A/B comparisons are just astounding!

Will be selling my MesaTriaxis, Mesa Formula Pre, and Mesa Express 5:25..... In the process of profiling those before selling :P

I have a second KPA rack on the way which will be my new stereo live rig with a Mesa 20/20 power amp and two small 1x10 guitar cabs.

I also have a Mesa Lonestar Special head I use with two Marshall 4x10 cabs.... can't bring myself to sell that though. :rolleyes:

I just sold my V-Twin pedal since I'm only using rack gear now. All Mesa's preamps are great in my opinion. I have the Triaxis and the Formula Pre and hope to get the Rectifier Recording pre some day when I have some spare cash. :rolleyes: I think there is a V-Twin rack on E-bay right now.

Yamaha was making state of the art music gear long before Line 6 was a company. I have Yamaha gear in my studio and it is all top notch. Their support of their pro-audio gear here in the U.S. is also top notch. I have no doubt this will be a shot in the arm for the Line 6 product line.