Flash Drive, WTF?

• I'm frustrated as hell. Where are instructions on what to do with the F'D. All I get are bits and pieces. I bout an 8GB drive ( that's all they had), just plugged it in, now what. Should it be on tuner, profile, etc. now what? Nothing happens, no screen prompts. I'm pissed!
    Plugged into puter, nothin again. There are no written instructions that I can find on any of this. Can someone point me to some info, or walk me thru this? I'm not a real computer literate, but I can surf my way around and do a few things.

Thanks,

• Well if an when it mounts, what will happen. Are there any screen prompts on the KPA? You would think this stuFf would have been explained a little better in the user manual!

Thanks for the help

• While I'm here ranting, now I can't register for the owners forum. Since I registered here before I got my KPA, when I put in the "goofy" serial "letters" red comes up saying there is already Bikedude registered. I , as someone else mentioned don't feel I should have to change my user name. What to do, and I emailed CK for answers.

• The Profiler asks if it should format the drive. Confirm and you are good to go. It creates the folders that it needs for installing updates, loading rigs and creating back ups.

• I'm frustrated as hell. Where are instructions on what to do with the F'D. All I get are bits and pieces. I bout an 8GB drive ( that's all they had), just plugged it in, now what. Should it be on tuner, profile, etc. now what? Nothing happens, no screen prompts. I'm pissed!
    Plugged into puter, nothin again. There are no written instructions that I can find on any of this. Can someone point me to some info, or walk me thru this? I'm not a real computer literate, but I can surf my way around and do a few things.

Thanks,

The full user manual is only available in pdf download, make sure you have that from the kemper home page.
    The wikpa.org have lots of useful tips and tutorials, great to read when starting out.
    http://www.wikpa.org/Tutorials
    http://www.wikpa.org/Links
    http://www.wikpa.org/Where_to_start
    http://www.wikpa.org/MeAmBobbo%27s_Quick_Start_Guide

• So I put drive in hit soft key 3 do what I think is formatting, then put drive into computer, and I get nothing. What really pisses me off, is I've downloaded to freaking 100 page manuals, and have a hard copy, and not one dam walk thru for formatting, flash drives, size to use, steps, nothing. I was pretty excited when I got this thing, but I'm not getting much help, and I need to read info and instructions, and Kemper doesn't include this process in the manuals.

I'm about ready to package it up and send it back!

• i agree that the documentation regarding using a flash drive and importing rigs is a bit difficult to find, but it does exist. If the USB drive is not recognized by your computer, try different USB ports. Sometimes that works - I know my iPhone will only recognize from my powered hub, but not the front panel of my desktop. But I can hardly see why you would blame Kemper for that.

They just announced a RigManager software that will allow you to load rigs via USB, if you simply want to wait. It is slated to release the first quarter of this year. Then you don't have to worry about a USB stick at all.

FWIW, page 41 and 42 of the manual talks about how to use the USB stick. If you don't get a pop-up window on the display asking you to format the USB stick when you first plug it in (after the Kemper has aleady booted up), maybe you have a bad USB drive. Also, notice how the documentation says to insert an EMPTY USB stick. Having data on there may cause it not to format correctly.

frankly your attitude is juvenile, although I do sympathize with your frustrations. however, the resources requested were provided to you. Again, why be frustrated with Kemper - might as well sell your computer and never get that brand again, never use that operating system again, never use USB drives again, and even further never use USB again. good luck!!

check your ego, take a deep breath, and try the stick on different ports or even a different computer. if it doesn't work, it's the stick, not the KPA. just buy another off Amazon or whatever - they are cheap as hell. get the smallest one possible, but not necessarily the cheapest one. There's no need to need more than 1 GB really.

The KPA can be as simple or as complex as you want. That's why a group of us worked hard to provide the wikpa.org resource for you. as well as answer questions on this forum.

• Thanks, and I know I'm frustrated. I've downloaded both manuals, and really there isn't much info about this, which I think should be explained better by CK. when I bought the "stick" all they had were 8GB units, so I got that one, reading on this forum that 1GB's were sufficient . I think I got the KPA to format, but I get no reaction on the Windows 7 OS puter. I don't have another puter to try so I'm stuck with the one I have.

I'm not really very good at working with files and such, and when you add in the lack of instruction by Kemper, then mayBe you can sympathize with my frustrations. I've been reading both manuals for the better part of a week before I had the KPA. The only fault I find with Kemper, is the lack of info on this issue, I don't blame them for fault sticks or computers.

So I guess I'm off to the store for some 1GB sticks, so I can try to work thru this glitch. Other than this crap, I'm enjoying the sounds, I just want to get this up and running by next week, so I can take it live.

Thanks for the help.

• I'm pretty sure the issue that keeps appearing is that USB sticks that work with the users' computers and that have even worked with the users' KPAs in previous sessions are no longer recognized by the KPA (or, as I've found, require multiple attempts before they work again).

• I've had issues with these thumbnail size Flash Drives, USB sticks. The got pretty hot in the Profiler and they failed frequently, which I feel there's a connection between temperature and fail. So try to get a regular size one, not these very small ones. The capacity doesn't matter at all, an 8GB will work just as fine as a 1GB ... but if your computer doesn't even recognize/display the device, it must be faulty.

• I disagree I dont think his atitude is juvenillie , in todays world we tend to live in throw away society , but when you pay 2, 000 for something its ok to get frustrated when problems arise . The kemper is a great product But I would be frustrated too and have with other gear I could mention .

• I disagree I dont think his atitude is juvenillie , in todays world we tend to live in throw away society , but when you pay 2, 000 for something its ok to get frustrated when problems arise . The kemper is a great product But I would be frustrated too and have with other gear I could mention .

also i did notice if you format the stick using your pc you have to format it using smaller clusters 16 not 32 i think , and i had to do that to get one of mine to work otherwise kemper just didnt acknowledge it was plugged it at all !!

• I had no problems with this whatsoever. If your head is spinning thinking this is a complicated process then you're doing it wrong. On page 41 of the Kemper Profiler Basics & Profiling Guide there is a section titled Updates, backup and sharing sounds. Follow the simple directions for formatting the USB stick. On the next page (pg. 42) there is a section titled Importing rigs, performances and local presets. Follow those instructions to copy any rigs you'd like to import to your USB stick and import them into the system.

It is a very simple process.

If you're still having trouble, find a friend who's comfortable with computers to help you. Once he shows you what to do you'll do a face-palm. :)

• As others have said, if your computer doesn't recognize the flash drive, and you've tried it on different ports, that's game over for the flash drive right there.
    If the Pc doesn't recognize the flash drive, don't expect the kemper to.
    One thing to mention, some flash drives come with utility software on the drive. Since the kemper wants a blank drive, I would first wipe it clean or format it with your computer then try it in the kemper. Hope that helps...sorry you're having troubles.