Posts by Calaban

ad 1 . I agree, this is not straight forward.

Presets of the present type? Or presets of the present category? Or logical groups of categories e. g. Phaser+Flanger? Or all effect presets?

And from which location? Local Library overall? Or just MyProfiler? Or preset packs included?

I was picturing presets of the present effect.

So as I described in the first post: if the present effect is a Green Scream, when right clicking on the slot you’ll get an option to load Green Scream presets.

Alternatively you could simply have a “presets” context menu which gives a list of all presets, and a sub menu within that which gives you just the presets for the current effect...in this case Green Scream.

I haven’t put much thought into which location they come from, but I would be fine with all locations. Or even another sub menu which breaks it down even further but that might be overkill.

The main thrust is that I think presets should be available by right clicking on each Stomp or FX slot, rather than having to navigate to the preset folders in the left pane. How that might be implemented is certainly up for debate.

I would like to suggest a few things for the editor here. I may continue to add to the list as I think of more.

1. Preset list on right click

I think it would be great to right click on a stomp or FX slot and have a drop down list of presets specific to that effect. So if I have a Green Scream assigned I will get the full list of Green Scream Presets when I right click. Or if I have a Dual Delay assigned, I will get Dual Delay Presets.

The way it works now is cumbersome in my opinion. I have to navigate to the preset folder in the left pane, which may mean scrolling up/down, and that takes me away from the rig folder I was in. This makes it harder to find the rig I was working on. Right clicking and having the presets for that effect type pop up would be a much easier and more logical/efficient way of handling this.

2. Please make the settings for each effect visible even when the effect is bypassed. Maybe the setting could be grayed out or something. But I dislike having to turn the effect on in order to see the settings.

3. Please add an on screen tuner which also mutes the signal.

4. I would like to change input presets from the ‘rig’ section of the editor when I switch guitars. Is this possible? If not that would be a great addition.

I will add more as I think of them.

Thanks for listening!

Is there a dedicated manual for the editor? I would like to do some very basic things but cannot find the information.

Specifically, at the moment, I just want to fine tune a parameter. I know I need to hold down a button while scrolling the mouse but I can't seem to find which button.

I also cannot find the information easily in the Kemper Manual or the Addendum.

A dedicated RM/Editor Manual would be a welcome addition.

My advice: Go with Reaper.

It’s just as capable as any DAW, cheaper than most (maybe all), less resource intensive than most, and more customizable than most. Once you get a handle on creating “custom actions” you’ll realize you can make it fit with your workflow very easily.

It doesn’t come with a whole bunch of virtual instruments or samples though, so if that’s what you’re looking for you might try something else, or spend some extra money on 3rd party stuff. And you’ll have the extra money because you didn’t pay $500 for Reaper in the first place!

Audacity is not a full featured DAW as far as I know.

I should probably try P-Mode. I’ve had my Kemper for 5+ years and haven’t checked it out at all.

I guess I don’t see the advantage.

I have a midi controller with 5 buttons on each row. I just set up a bank for each song. The 5 buttons on the bottom row correspond to the different sections of the song.. Might be different variations of a single profile or different profiles altogether.

The buttons on the top row are reserved for stomps and FX.

Isn’t this pretty much what performance mode gives you? If not, what is the difference?

Is there any reason to switch from this method to performance mode?

I think profiling every possible combination of settings on an amp would be way too much work.

What I would like to see Kemper do is sort of a hybrid profiling/modeling thing; profile the amp and its distortion characteristics at all volume settings, but model the EQ at the component level like other modelers do.

The KPA is amazing, but one of the main things it is lacking is accurate EQ stacks.

ready to buy.

My biggest gripe with the KPA is that I’ve never been happy with my “frfr” monitoring solutions. I’ve only tried two different speakers (Yamaha and Mission) but haven’t wanted to throw good money after bad. They are ok and they work, but there’s always something not quite right and I find myself “tolerating” the tone and still having fun, but I want the tone to inspire.

My best experience has been with my 4/10 cabinet...love playing my KPA through that....but I want to be able to send what I hear to FOH. Hopefully this new Kabinet will help me bridge that gap.

I dunno guys...sounds like cab off to me.

I have experimented extensively with cab off for certain tones.

My buddy challenged me to recreate the guitar tone from Cream’s “Strange Brew” right after I got my Kemper. For the life of me I could not get the guitar tone. I finally turned off the cab and that was the secret sauce.

For most songs it sounds like garbage. Basically like the clip the OP provided. But for that tune it was nearly perfect.

I’ll upload the file if I can figure out how...it says 1mb limit.