Posts by Calaban

Guys this is fucking stupid. Release the editor. This is not what people are asking for.

Wrong.

People have been asking for a floor unit for years.

I would bet money that the editor will be released this week.

It’s most certainly not stupid, and you could *very easily* find a more positive way to express your opinion.

Please be on your way. You’re a troll and a bore.

I haven’t tried the new reverbs yet, but I’m going to assume they have some basic EQ control.

Try rolling off the low end if it’s sounding like the low end is wreaking havoc.

Add highs to make them stick out, roll off highs to make them take a back seat.

BostonMike and ToneDeaf,

I lived in the Durham/Newmarket NH area for 38 years....just moved to Virginia in January!

I had no idea there were fellow Kemper users near me up there :huh:

Hey : )

I have already done a few selmer T&B profiles in some of my earlier packs.. (Pack 3 and 7?) might be wrong on numbers of pack but I did a few I remember : )

Not too many of them around these days sadly!

Oh cool I’ll check it out....thanks!

Welcome back! I have many of your profile packs and they all sound fantastic.

I would like to see an old Selmer be profiled. I really want the old Syd Barrett sounds from the early Floyd records.

I have a few Selmer profiles from someone else, but they weren’t dialed in the way I like them.

Syd used a Selmer 50W Truvoice Treble n’ Bass as far as I know.

Wishful thinking? Maybe....but I thought I’d throw it out there.

I also prefer a softer attack and I have struggled to find profiles that capture that. I am not sure if it’s a Kemper thing or a profile thing, but one of my band mates noticed it right away when we were doing some recording a few years back. I wasn’t sure if I was imagining it or not but that confirmed to me that I was not.

The ‘pick’ control is helpful but if pushed too far it sounds unnatural to me.

I think a big part of it is that fact that we are hearing a close mic’d guitar sound and we’re not used to that. I also think that most people making commercial profiles tend to prefer a heavy pick attack sound.

I’m an old fart. All I care about is making my Kemper sound like amps from the late 60’s to early 70’s. Modern guitar tones just don’t do it for me. The Kemper pretty much gets me there in a recording setting. Live I’d say it’s about 60%.

I'm absolutely CERTAIN that much of that is user error and the DXR10 I’ve been using. But I also tried a Mission cabinet that I didn’t like very much, so I’m guessing it’s user error.

Maybe the new Kemper Kab will fix the issue.

I’m still happy with my KPA for the most part, I just find it more satisfying in a recording setting than a live setting.

But too much off topic blah blah blah! Try the definition and pick settings as stated above.