Posts by Calaban

QC is going to be awesome.

You guys being overly defensive about your KPA’s and nitpicking every little thing to avoid admitting that the KPA could use an update are going to miss out.

Many of these comparison videos have slight volume differences that the human ear perceive as sound differences rather than volume differences.

I don’t understand why these comparisons aren’t level matched.

I don’t think (as many do, without evidence) that there is some conspiracy or that these guys are shilling for one product over another. I think it’s just something they missed. But why? It seems elementary and obvious that you’d want to match the levels.

In two years time firmware will advance including the capture process itself. Though not a fan, at all, of being tied to a cloud server (aka someone else's computer), I am still on the edge of buying a QC just to see how it develops. If Neural takes it to a cloud REQUIRED status and a subscription required, then I can sell it off.

I have the Axe FX III and Kemper rack. The new Axe firmware had sounded delightful! The QC is more attractive to me than either the Helix or Headrush, and not interested in amp plugins at all. If I am moved to drag my old amps from storage, then the QC could be a win win. Still, unsure at this point in time.

Nice to see a balanced and rational post about the QC.

Doug Castro has said they won’t be moving to a subscription model, but I suppose that could always change. I doubt it though...can you imagine the backlash? They understand the implications as well as you and I.

If they were more different than similar, what would the point of doing a product like this? :)

The QC clip has less gain, the top end sizzle seems to be completely missing, definition/attack sounds different as well. I would expect something better from a product that is going to be released around 10 years after the Kemper and claims to be more accurate.

Well if you're being honest with yourself, you'll admit that you've also heard Kemper videos where the profile differed just as much.

And that isn't very much...

Well, almost the same size. Hx is 7.9” deep x 10.8” wide. Qc is listed as 7” deep x 11.4” wide. And a good portion of that depth is screen. And again, fewer switches on HX. If it’s comfy, great! Looks a little crowded to me. We’ll see.

Ah I thought they were the same. Yes I realize the screen takes up a good amount of space.

It may end up being too cramped for some people for live use for sure. I plan to use it mostly in the studio so the switch spacing is not as much of an issue for me.

It seems as if in this moment, expressing any opinions other than “yay NDSP” now equals hater? I guess that’s the third thing that several people have noted about the rollout of this device. There’s a lot of bullying going on.

For anyone taking issue with the nature of this thread, just read a handful of pages from the one on TGP and you’ll get a taste of something truly special.

What you’re actually seeing is the knee-jerk defensive position taken by some 2 or 3 members on this forum when faced with any perceived slight against their KPA (even when, more often than not, it’s completely imagined), and a reaction to their smug attitudes when another view is put forth.

This is not bullying.

And, in my opinion, the TGP thread has been more tolerable than this one, aside from the relentless conspiracy mongering which has, fortunately, died down a bit.

Different strokes, agree to disagree, yada yada...

I think the physical size and the spacing of the foot switches kinda tells you it’s not the best option for live. Anyone other than Yosemite Sam is gonna be hitting wrong switches at some point. It’s gonna need some type of remote for guys and gals who do any tap dancing with patches.

It’s the same dimensions as the HX FX and I have never had an issue with that.

And I have big feet and run it in stompbox mode or whatever they call it.

I have been posting on the Kemper forum for 7 years now. I have never brought drama or engaged in defensive behavior about a competing product. In fact, this place has always been a very open and chill place. Spikey has been around almost as far back as I can remember.

Thanks to a few overly and unreasonably defensive members in this thread, things sure have changed in Kemper land, compared to the good old days.

There really is no reason to tell other members not to post certain things, especially objectively relevant things related to the topic at hand.

There is no good reason to be as defensive about the Kemper, and as antagonistic toward those of us long time Kemper community members who happen to be considering the QC.

It’s really a bummer what has happened here.

::checks url::

Was hoping it said Fractal rather than Kemper. Disappointed.

So who else here is getting a Quad Cortex when released? :)

Nicky and Me and.... ???

I have one on order.

It will be tough to dethrone my KPA, and I'm sure that each device will have its strengths and weaknesses.

Maybe I will invent a new device....one where you can put both inside, cook it for a few minutes, and end up with a perfect combination of both.

I feel that could make me quite a bit of money.

I don't even know why you think it's QC vs Kemper. It's not. People are just pointing out QC's potential flaws and some just can't take that criticism. It's the same in the huge TGP thread.

People are just pointing out Kemper’s shortcomings and some just can’t take that criticism.

Are you seriously going to tell me that nobody is reflexively defending Kemper when some of us mention areas where it can be improved?

How odd.

“QC will be a huge let-down, at least in the beginning and it's nowhere close to the Kemper ...”

Coming from someone who has never tried the QC, this counts as defending Kemper ^^^

And you’re fully entitled to it that opinion! But...how would you know?

None of us do.

This is all very strange.

That's just how how perceive things. Doesn't mean it is true.

Frankly, implying that people who are into gear might be jealous of your new toy, just because they don't agree with you, is even a little childish, no offense.

No offense taken. I never implied that though. Not once. That's just how you perceive things. Doesn't mean it's true. ;)

I just stated the fact that some people in this thread assume that if I say something critical about the Kemper that it "equals a negative mindset or bad intentions" which of course, it does not.

I'm just illustrating that you seem to want to shine the light in one direction only, when in fact it should be shined all around.

It's possible to be both a fan and longtime user of the Kemper, and also be critical of its shortcomings.

Holding both of those ideas in one's head seems to be very difficult for certain Kemper users these days.