Posts by Nemo13

I've never had any issues with Ebay and have bought over 200 items from around the world from their sites..... ( touch wood )

I've been on and off ebay for well over a decade or more. It is great for buyers if you are careful, terrible for small sellers. Their fees are outrageous now and the 'seller protection' is anything but. They will 99.998% always side with the buyer in all disputes. It doesn't matter if you have tracking results, pictures or items, pictures of packaging, signatures, drone flyovers watching the guy out by the UPS truck, etc., ebay will eventually just decide "what the hell, let's just refund 100% to the buyer just so we look good." There has bee a few times I lost the item AND the money, thanks to the Ebay/Paypal setup.

Make your own cab. Buy the guts and you just saved over half the costs. There is no big mystery to speaker cabs. Or if you feel there is, it is easy to clone any cab out there. Wood, tolex, hardware, speakers, crossover, wire, padding, done.

Its always a good idea to see the seller's history / how long they have been a seller. Ebay has always been a place for scammers, sometimes they don't even have the item, just a lifted pic and a auction. Ebay has buyer protection you can look into of course. Also selling there sucks as bad as Amazon. Ebay does not care about small sellers, and you can get screwed over the littlest thing at any time. The fees are outrageous. As mentioned, Reverb is the best place to go right now for gear for buyers and sellers. So far so good there.

Building a cab is ok, but you can usually find something similar to what you need and adjusting it. For a little 1 speaker cab, I just bought a cheapo Laney 1x12 cab, took out the speaker and put in a cheapo eminence 12" coaxial in there. Its dimensions were 22.5" x 16" x 14", just prefect to go under a rack with my kemper in it. It sounds just as good as any other.

My first plus I can think of for the kemper foot pedal is 1 cable. And not a flimsy one, a good solid one. The second is a nice big readable display that you don't have to lay on the floor to see. A small footprint. Not too little / too many footswitches. Made to work with the profiler. Built like a tank but not as heavy as one. That is good enough right there. Other ones are ok, but in the end I think it is worth the price since both the pedal and the unit work as one.

I decided on the power rack because I always have the option of putting it in a rack if needed. If not, it sets on top of something just like the head. You could also put the head in a rack somehow, but it takes up more space. The 3U rack is a perfect size for either option imho. I don't think there is any real difference besides they layout?

Slateboy, I am positive, and posted my input as per the question of your thread, I was just sidetracked by sambrox's assumptions. Polls are useless because even though you see who does and who does not use the feature, you do not find out why. In a discussion you hopefully find common ground why. Obviously this would be good information for a company to know.

Again, no, I am not missing anything. I realize what it is, what it can do, and what the possibilities are. I've stated my points and you have also, so there it is. For me, I still have separate racks for delays and reverbs, and a few pedals. If there are great things for these in the Kemper upcoming, that is pretty much all I need for a guitar, and I would say for many as well. For complex composition and just one guitarist, I can see the need for what you describe, but I would say 90% of the guitar need doesn't reside there for most people.

I'm not missing the point on anything, I am making one about the morph feature. A merge feature is as stated, a method tried before and not very popular then and from what I gather from the posts, not very popular now except for some extreme users. The Lexicon Vortex came out around the mid 90's, from the manual: "Audio morphing allows you to control dynamic transformations between any two effects" -so same idea basically. The problem was nobody really got in to it and it disappeared quickly. For some slower music or experimental sounds, if may be fun, but other than that it is just another gimmick most will abandon out of boredom with it. As always, the most sought after features are absolute flexibility in routing and all the usual suspects in effects, along with great sound. The reverbs and delays should have come first, my guess is due to the complexity of the reverbs and such, Kemper just threw this out to appease people until they figured out the rest. As for your mention of control over certain parameters and expression control I haven't said anything about that, so not sure why you lumped it in which is unrelated to my post.

Morphing to me is not useful. It reminds me of the old Lexicon Vortex rack. I just can't see the use for it for fast changes. I think new reverbs and delays and such are way more important and useful than this feature, it should have come second instead of first. If the reverbs and delays came first, nobody would be so worried about how long this morphing thing took to get done. Also work on a PC editor would be nice. Morphing seems to me would be more useful for keyboards rather than guitar.

I agree with the need for an editor. In this age, I basically expect it, I mean, if pedals have editors... ;) For me, I like to look at a huge display and have it all in front nice and big. If I was on stage and needing to make quick edits and had just the unit, sure, an easy to use unit is always a plus, but at home or in the studio? Software editors give you that big master control feel. Need a quick adjustment? a couple of mouse clicks, done. No scrolling through menus, THAT is really 80's. The Rig Manager is ok, but I don't really use it.

I'm sure there will be a 3.31 & 3.32 before a 4.0. If a company is going to come out and broadcast great new things with an actual time window, they should at least keep you updated along the way when that date has vanished. I have some software from some small companies I used, and that is what they do, even though really small and working hard, they take the time to send out constant mass emails of progress or post on a forum like this one. But maybe it is a German thing, ENGL and Schaller always takes 6 months to get back to me, haha. And really, morphing? I could see that as an interesting side item to use once in a while, but not all the time obviously. Hopefully it will not jst be the focus of that one thing. A real upgrade would be better delays / reverbs / etc to make it more of a complete box with less need for pedals / other rack add ons. An editor only makes sense. Everyone else has one. And yes, the Kemper has a very simple layout, but a big giant computer screen with super fast point and click is the ultimate advantage for the fastest edits and adjustments. Period. The rig manager is just ok. If amazing new upgrades are not possible, than a Kemper 2 is in order. Always an opportunity to make some changes and put a bigger engine under the hood. A floor model would suck. Pedalboards get beat up. Unless you sit in a studio or music room only. Who wants to crawl on the floor or slump way over to make changes? The setup now is perfect, the pedal board now is great, just what you need, and the rack/head is nice and safe from drunks and mishaps. I like my rack up high where I can see it / adjust it. Some of the best gear I have ever owned kept to the quality meat & potatos of what a musician needs vs bells/sirens/ufos and other fluff that clogged up other gear. Also, if there is a Kemper 2, I would include even more connection possibilities, maybe a second effects loop. Guitarists always have their secret weapons, and most of the time, regardless of the gear, you have that 'one thing' that just doesn't quite fit in the design of your gear, and you end up going out and spending $$$ for all kinds of switchers and such to make a few special ideas work.