Posts by Pre-Amp

Quote: @Jimmyno wrote:-
    "I think that the main reason is to avoid that (for example) a problem can let you completely down.
    Imagine you run out of batteries or you transmitter/receiver goes crazy: you lose monitoring and guitar/voice connection.
    And if you need to change your belt pack you have to change, at once, your mic, your guitar and change the headphone jack.
    I think it might be a bit tricky in a live show."

I see what you're saying @Jimmyno but as we are (for the time being) in the realm of fantasy, indulge for a second and imagine a system which provides one box with the three transmitter/ receivers working independently and replaceable/serviceable independently. I suppose it could be a rack stack modular thingummy of sorts.
    So, if one part failed live, the rest keeps going. Most people would have a backup cable, mic and IEM wire/
    wedge monitor anyway.
    It would come with a jack socket dongle for the guitar, belt clip for the IEMs and
    a separate belt clip/ dongle sized pack
    for the mic input. These would all be managed by the 'box' and have all the required outputs and inputs to facilitate all conceivable connections. It would also be in a properly built metal housing that is road worthy.
    To be able to connect all three pieces of gear with super low latency, and at a digital frequency range that is free to use but NOT in the same range as wifi routers and cellular networks, just
    seems to be common sense to me. If it's possible that is!
    I can't be the only musician who'd benefit from such a streamlined setup.
    I am pretty confident that people would pay for it.
    In someways, we have the guitar amp equivalent in the Kemper with it's multi-
    purpose functionality.
    Anyway, thanks for your reply. I'll go back to my wired guitar, wired IEM and standard dynamic mic on a stand for now...
    :(
    Pre-Amp

Hi Everyone,
    This all sounds very encouraging as I'd love to go wireless. However, what I really want is a single unit that will provide wireless guitar, wireless head mounted mic AND wireless IEM in one package. Effectively three transmitter/receivers in one.
    As far as I am aware, no manufacturer
    seems to do this. I'm sure some of you would know why not, but it seems a nobrainer that would sell and sell.
    Any thoughts?
    Pre-Amp

My old rig was a Marshall JCM2000 TSL 122 combo. Very heavy amp! I also had a bunch of stomp boxes, an old Boss ME-6 then a GT3 then a GT10 and finally the Kemper when I decided that lugging the Marshall was overkill for all but the biggest venues. Considering I mostly played in pubs clubs and at weddings, no real need for 100 watts of pure ear splitting Marshall grunt!
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

Who or whatever controls the allocation of the great blue dwarfs (that's a star reference by the way) must have star qualities.
    Stop groaning!
    I would like to thank @dPeters 95 for the opportunity to lose my star again.
    Somehow, it feels less painful this time.
    Perhaps I am becoming emotionally numb to the whole thing.
    :|
    Pre-Amp

Hello Everyone,
    Not everyone is blessed with an X32.
    Some of us still use analogue desks with limited monitor mixes. I know, 'Dark Ages' stuff, but needs must!
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

Has something changed recently?
    I thought it was possible to unlink output to isolate the return and alternative inputs through to the headphone output only.
    Maybe I am wrong?
    Pre-Amp
    :S

Let me clarify.
    All instruments in your band plug into the mixing desk, including guitar. They are then mixed for FOH.
    To give you a separate monitor mix of the whole band, you may use an Aux (monitor) mix on the desk. There may be a number of these on your desk from 2-10 on some digital desks.
    You would need to remove the guitar from this mix before sending it to your Kemper (return and alternative inputs).
    These then become mixed with your guitar signal in the Kemper and are output through the headphone out. Direct to IEMs if you like.
    This will give you Mono band mix (less
    guitar) with stereo guitar from the Kemper in your IEM mix from the headphone output on the Kemper.
    You could use a split TRS to two mono plugs to feed the mono Aux mix from the desk to the Kemper inputs mentioned above.
    I hope that makes more sense to you.
    Kind regards
    Pre-Amp
    :)

Hi Everyone,
    Just be aware that if you take a split mono aux feed into the return and alternative inputs on the Kemper, to use via headphone out for an IEM mix, that feed should not include your guitar signal.
    You'll get lots of weird phasing if you have your guitar in the aux feed as it will clash with the signal coming directly from the Kemper' headphone out.
    Take guitar out of the aux mix and you'll
    get mono band monitoring in both ears, with stereo guitar mixed in directly from the Kemper.
    Of course, this means you'd need your own dedicated aux from the desk.
    If you have to share aux mixes from the desk, someone else has to lose guitar, or you need to find another routing.
    Consequently, I get the FOH mix via utility out on my desk. Difficult sometimes as there is no 'more me' control.
    Hope this helps.
    Pre-Amp