Posts by Pre-Amp

It’s probably as much the environmental factors as anything else. If you are playing in a garage, you may have more reflective surfaces bouncing the sound around. If you have a large flat metal garage door in the room, that won’t help much. It would be like playing in a metal box. Is there any carpet on the floor? I guess you have your speaker cab placed directly on the ground, not isolated like studio monitors. So all in all it’s never going to sound the same as a recording.
    Trying to tweak a profile to suit that kind of environment would be a challenge for anyone.
    Hope you sort it out.

Pre-Amp

Hi,

I assume you can trigger the backing tracks and loops independently of each other? If so, I would put it after the main outputs before any mixing desk. However, that may cause you an issue if you intend to use the monitor output for monitoring , as the loops and backing tracks would not be present. Any monitoring would have to be provided from the desk in this case.
    There have been some other threads talking about using third party loopers. I seem to remember there was one where someone was struggling with getting Jamman levels right. It was a while ago now though.
    Good luck.
    Hope you work it out.

Cheers

Pre-Amp

Interesting thread.
    I find slowing everything down, particularly difficult phrases/lines/lyrics, very helpful. It allows my brain to learn the entire rhythm of the piece a bit like learning a drum part. I can then work out how the vocal and guitar parts fit together with the most accurate timing. When I’ve got that sorted, rehearsed and committed to memory, I begin to gradually speed it up.
    Like some other’s here, I look at the song as an combined performance making one entity, this helps to develop a more engaging performance that is very well rehearsed but sounds natural and not robotic.
    Holfing notes at the end of lines is an interesting one, it can be very easy to over for this just as it is very easy to completely forget it’s importance in a live situation.
    Good luck with improving this skill set.
    Cheers

Pre-Amp

I would love this too. It would significantly improve the looper. Also, to have the option to switch off the reverse loop button in looper mode would be really useful. I accidentally hit that button during a song at a gig creating what could only be described as a bit of a pickle! Ruined the song for a feature I might use once in a very blue moon.
    Merry Christmas!

Pre-Amp

When my Kemper had a crash in November, (updating to latest release) support told me to reduce rigs on the profiler simply to what I need, delete all others (after backing up of course) and use Rig Manager as a source of rigs. Obviously, you can also back up your rigs on Rig Manager as a fail safe.

This made a difference and I’ve had no crashes since I reset and restored only what I needed from a back up.
    If you use Performance Mode and Browser Mode, I believe each has their own separate storage quota, but filling both up is probably going to slow things up a bit.
    Merry Christmas!

Pre-Amp

Hi,

The Panorama control (find it in the Rig menus) enables you to pan the signal of a whole rig but I’m not sure how you’d pan the parallel signal left and main signal right without two independent pan controls. I don’t think Panorama is available as a stomp either. I wonder if the Tremelo - Panner could be used to push a signal to left or right.
    I suspect that the problem is more to do with pre-stack slots being mono. Stereo only appears after the Amp Stack so would only affect the main signal as the parallel path goes straight to the output before the Amp Stack.
    One thing that can add depth that I’ve found useful when using parallel path with acoustic and electric sounds is to use the Acoustic Simulator in Slot A and a Reverb in Slot B. Sometimes I copy the verb used for the main signal, sometimes a different verb. Some people use a Compressor after the Acoustic Simulator when blending with another guitar sound. Just helps even out the Acoustic Simulator.
    Sorry if this isn’t the answer you were after. If you do find a way to do this, please post it here.
    Cheers

Pre-Amp

Hi,

I have a question about this.
    How do we check that this rig isn’t harbouring malware? Surely, if it is a bonafide rig it’s creator would upload to Rig Exchange which is the appropriate place with checks in place to keep things tidy.
    I’m not saying it is a bad rig but equally I wouldn’t downloaded it either. I wouldn’t want to risk a messed up Kemper/computer for a random rig that’s not on the exchange.

I have bought rigs directly from people like The Amp Factory, but again there are checks and routes to deal with grievances should they occur.

Or am I just getting the wrong end of the stick?
    I know some people don’t like the rating system.
    just my thoughts. Not intending to upset anyone.
    ?
    Pre-Amp

Hi dgburns,

I’ve been meaning to give this profile a go since I first read this thread a little while back. It’s one of those profiles that brings things out of your playing that you don’t expect. Some profiles have that special something that inspire you to play in a particularly creative and fluid way. This is one of those. It just sounds full and lively all at the same time, without being overtly gain rich or dynamically over-egged.
    It went straight to the favorites list.
    Thank you so much for sharing. I shall be playing this one for some time to come…

Cheers

Pre-Amp

I would find it very useful if the looper trigger function could be added to the pedal assign list for the Tap button on the remote. I already assign looper start and stop to the Looper and Tuner buttons respectfully. Having the trigger function assignable, means all the most useful functions of the looper can be accessed without having to switch out of the regular rigs/performance mode button arrangement. This also makes changing rigs while using the looper far easier, providing scope for the use of the panorama function and double tracker effect to build wide, stereo field loops with multiple rigs and effects. Being able to use the trigger loop function without having to switch to looper mode would be a major improvement for anyone who uses this feature when looping.
    Cheers

Pre-Amp

Before I bought a Behringer Ultranet mini mixer to integrate with a Midas MR18 mixer to use with my IEM’s, I always used the headphone out of the Kemper for my monitoring.
    I’d take either a mono or preferably stereo Aux out of whatever mixer with a guitar-less mix of the band. The signal would enter the Kemper via the return and alternative input inputs on the back of the toaster. This I would then blend with the guitar signal from the Kemper and listen to everything via the headphone out. Often the band mix would be mono with the Kemper guitar signal in stereo. My IEM’s were always hard wired in though I expect you could feed the headphone out to a wireless system just as easily.
    This was a huge improvement on a fixed full band mix and worked well most of the time. I found the space effect a bit annoying in this set up and always reduced it to absolute minimum as it only acted on the guitar signal which made it sound a bit odd against the band mix.
    The Behringer M16 mini mixer is better and much more flexible especially as it has the ability to adapt and eq the whole monitor mix just to my tastes. However, it can be more challenging to achieve a really good mix in the first place until you master the panning and eq. Then it’s like having your own personal stereo mix in HD.
    Cheers

Pre-Amp

All the more reason not to conform and dish up what everyone wants and expects. What if Queen had left Bohemian Rhapsody off A Night at the Opera? What if Pink Floyd had missed out Shine on you Crazy Diamond? What if Mark Knopfler gave up on Telegraph Road. What if U2 had let Eno have his way with Where the Streets have no name? Our modern world could do with a bit more thought provoking challenge and a lot less over produced shallow pap. (Yes I know this is a generalisation, so pinch of salt time)

In my experience, attention spans will last out if the brain is being appropriately challenged and interested by what it is hearing. Does the music have resonance with the audience? Do the words have depth, do they connect? Does the melody create mood interest, surprise, intrigue?
    Does the production let all that shine through, or does it just mould it into the same shape as everything else? If everything is mixed so loud with Heart Throb vocalists in touch with their inner bling, why not produce quiet brooding, though provoking tunes that communicate about the human condition beyond ‘Baby You’re so Cute’ or ‘Oh my heart’s ripped out and you trod on my dreams etc…’ blah, blah.

Obviously, there’s a huge market for all that and music should reflect all aspects of life, race culture and creed, so if you want to add a solo, go for it, have faith in your idea, you won’t be the only one who gets it…

Good Luck

Pre-Amp

Hi!

If you have dimmer switches on your lights and you are using single coils, that can cause noise issues. Also, if a neighbour has an induction loop set up for hearing aids, that can also be a problem. I’ve even had that happen at gigs where the venue has an induction loop. Out came the ladders to unplug the loop microphone to stop it interfering with my guitars. I only found this out because my neighbour had an induction loop years ago and I could hear their TV through my gear!

I always ask if a venue has an induction loop now as they need to be switched off as they are often left switched on in locked cupboards so anyone can use them when in the venue. No good if you have live music though!
    Cheers

Pre-Amp

Search on Rig Exchange for Vox AC30’s.
    Then search for a Silver bulldog cab. There’s definitely at least one by a chap called Sam. Not near the Rig manager at the mo.
    Marrying that cab with most AC30 Profiles is like switching a light on. It’s bright and brilliant especially with the big reverbs and crystal delays.
    just something a bit different to try out!

Happy Friday!

Pre-Amp