Posts by chrislisting

Dudes, don't argue with someone who says their XXXXXX (e.g. Kemper) doesn't sound good or (insert any XXXXX reason) here. They are either not able to figure out how to adjust the sound and/or amplifications, trolling axe 2 users, or really can't find what they like/modelers aren't for them. So that's all you should really care about. If I was going to try to prove an OP wrong (not this case, im saying in general) about his opinion, it just wouldn't work cuz opinion is opinion and the web is the web and people can be idiots (again not this OP, general)

We know the kemper is as good as any real tube, as long as you amp it correctly (read: as to your liking), and that its actually better for its economy and thousands of rigs available.

BTW, is there a Kemper version 2 in the works, and if it is, when will it be estimated release? Cheers

Hello friends,

I was telling my buddy about the new KPA (green unpowered lunchbox) I got, and he asked why I got a new one when 2.0 is in development and will be completed soon.

I didn't believe that, so I went online and saw a few threads speculating but nothing concrete.

I don't necessarily want an official press release or affidavit on Kempers behalf, but unofficially, is there any truth to the new version being developed?

Is there a reasonable or feasible time estimate for when another Kemper would be made or released?

I for one doubted the veracity from my friends source because you know how any rumor can start, but im curious nonetheless because it has been out for quite some time and axe already released its second version. (I mentioned Axe because Fractal is the only company that made an amp almost/as close as the kemper, and I mean that as a compliment to axe in the highest regard)

Thanks for your input or guesstimations.

Cheers

Why would it bother anyone? You bought a product you don't like, it should bother you. Now with that said, Mesa Boogie Tube amps are almost impossible to follow, and you seem to love the classic tube sound.

Many like myself on the other hand, dont notice the difference. I had all top 3 modelers, KPA 11R and Axe, and the only one that was like the Mesa Boogie Rectifier tube sound was the KPA. The 11R and Axe sounded like a Mesa, but too digital and unorganic. I bought the kemper because I felt the opposite if what you heard.

So that means you like tubes, and thats fine. At least you know you tried the best you could possibly try, and now you can move on and stick with the analog system. And its no harm to you really because they sell for $1500 minimum.

I don't mean just music, guitar, or amplifier products/service. I mean they are the best customer service Ive ever experienced in my life.

My KPA was one as I was told, in a defective batch all having the same manufacturing problem that is no fault of Kemper or my retailer. It simply was an odd defect and it was under recall, so I sent it to be fixed. It came back and the main issue was fixed, but now there was a much more severe issue (where no sound was coming out correctly). I was obviously annoyed with the first repair, but I waited patiently for the 2 weeks turn around, so when I got it to find the amp broke, I was livid. I requested an immediate replacement because I didn't want to be out of the only amp I own another 2 weeks.

Matthew Skaggs was very understanding of the emotions and the situation, and gave me overnight return and overnight-ed a replacement. I've spent hundreds and thousands of dollars on a plethora of devices: guitars, amps, TVs, DVD/Blu ray players, cars, video game consoles, and other high end, high quality products with long time established customer service, and companies much bigger and more lucrative than Kemper.

Yet, Kemper was the first and only company to overnight a $2500 replacement without me even having to beg

This is a personal thank you to Matt Skaggs, as well as Kemper as a whole, for making the BEST amplifier around right now and for having the best, most diligent and reliable customer service out of every single company in business right now.

thanks again guys

i love this damn thing, its the best thing ive ever heard, like wow the 11r and axe have really no business being in the same category as the kemper, they are not similar in any way except their use for sim, but man, the sim is so diffferent ijust really cant compare it, im reallly now blown away

just got TRS cables for monitor, and i bought spdif cables for sending the audio digital from the kemper to the mbox2 SOOOOO

i should be able to record within the week :)

thanks

No way dude, best piece of gear to date IMO, the only thing its missing is an audio interface, which isn't a big deal, but maybe a firmware update could even fix that. I have like 20 mesa rigs ive been going through, I just had to share and also ask what favorite mesa rigs do you guys use/suggest for heavy natural gain (non stomp box) triple rectifier files...this sound is so impressive, like now I see how this is really quite different than all the other 'rig simulator pre-amp" modelers, and ive only spent a few hours with it. I cant wait to really read the manual, and read about some tips and tricks. Best first impression on digital/sound gear (or any guitar gear) ive ever had, only thing I could be happier with is only the guitars of course :)

Initial impression: Wow, it really does sound "real"/analog

Recording wont be a problem has my mbox 2 has spdif

currently playing: KEMPER>XLR OUT LEFT> TECH 21 POWER ENGINE 60

I looked at the rigs and I have many loaded, but if you don't mind, please tell me your favorite or whats considered the best "mesa triple rectifier" with high gain, not stombox overdrive, but real MESA TRIPLE RECTIFIER !!!??? lol

I will update as I play more, but my initial impression is impressed. it is definitely not the hype or overstatement that it is the premier profiler.

thanks for welcomes and mesa rig recommendations :)

Ciao grazie

Ok thanks guys, ill use the mbox 2 then, itll be simpler....so I need 2 SPDIF cables, so can you guys recommend me a specific one/brand/type?

if you have a link to a good deal (im in NYC/USA) please give me a link to a good one, doesn't need to be any more than 3 feet since my studio area is small

thanks for the welcomes and help :)

oh by the way, which SPDIF cable do I need? I have an optical cable, and I have an optical to mini toslink, but which one specifically do I need for the kemper to the A/I?(mbox or 11r)?

thanks

Hi yes, they both do.

forgive my naivety, but ive never used the SPDIF. is it the best /highest quality digital sound available (im guessing better than TRS ?)? I will google in meantime

I assume, you send from the out of the back of the kemper to the in of the 11r/mbox , and then use the latter as the interface?

also, those usb in the back of the kemper, are they intended to eventually be used for future A/I in a DAW or what are there intended uses? (I ask because the 11r as exactly the same usb out to connect as an interface to the PC/daw)?

thanks guys

[Blocked Image: http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/digidesign-mbox-2-748501.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://members.dodo.com.au/~celticmyst/AvidStuff/ElevenRack_Back1.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://c1.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/KemperProfilingAmpWhiteBack_clip-87ab23d03842a7002239f353d0a3535a.jpg]

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

While I wait, I have been trying to figure out how to use it to record as it isn't an interface. I have the following tools for options:

1) digidesign/avid eleven rack

2) digidesign/avid mbox 2

3) tech 21 power engine 60 (w/XLR cables)

4) sm57

So with all these things, I have a few options, what do you use, or would you use with these 3 possible configurations to record?

Thanks

Hey Everyone

I joined the FB group and I wanted to stop by and say hi.

I just bought the Black Profiling (non-powered) amp since I have a tech 21 power engine 60 and/or play through my monitors

I paid $1500 (door to door) including ship and tax, and its the best price ive heard you can get for one only a few months old

I didn't receive it yet, but Im very excited because Ive had an 11r for years, and Its great, but its just a watered down axe fx, and I could never find the mesa triple rec I was looking for

I think the kemper's dynamics and realism are finally what ive been trying to get outta guitar sims

anyway, hope to show you the uni t when it comes and talk about it more, but heres a pic from the seller

[Blocked Image: https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1924890_573060956123754_774033399_n.jpg]