Posts by Rappy007

Welcome and enjoy the new World.
    I was also a long time L6 user (Pod, Podxt, Vetta, hd500) - the KPA is another level.

I went through the same succession minus the Vetta. I a/b'd the HD500 with the KPA last night. Wow! What a night and day difference! :D

I haven't powered on the HD since I got the KPA. But eventually I'm planning to use it in pedalboard mode in 4CM with the KPA, so I get 8 more effects in the chain. So a little more than JUST a midi controller, but it seems the KPA effects are almost always better quality. Still, the HD has octoreverb, particle verb, spring reverb. Also, I can use the EQ's if necessary. And the synth effects.

you made a good decision. Check the wikpa link in my sig for lots of help getting the KPA to sound exactly like you want.

I'm considering using the 4CM as well. I found a place for the octoreverb with some of my current band's original songs and can't part from Line 6 effects. I originally was planning to use my M13 but was disappointed that it does not have a global tap tempo like the HD500 does. I'm also using the Voodoo Labs GCX to loop in my TS808, Fuzz Factory and Carbon Copy. The wikpa and this forum influenced my decision to buy the KPA. I wish I discovered this sooner!

Welcome!

I used to live in Boise in the late 80's...I hear it's changed a bit since then! I had lots of fun in that town.

Cheers!

And they are absolutely right. We had a massive migration from California in the 90's. They sold their small multi-million dollar home in California so they could buy a mansion in Idaho. It is starting to look and feel like Southern-California. I'd say, give it a few more years and the traffic will be just as bad.

I just received my black non-powered lunch box from Sweetwater yesterday. It seemed like I had the longest shift at work after getting notice from FedEx of the delivery. I've been a POD user for 12 years for my silent recording and practicing needs. I upgraded over the years and ended up with the HD500 about 3 years ago. They always fell way short of my Vox AC30, Marshall TSL 100 and later the JVM210. I've researched for the last 2 months between the Axe-Fx II and the KPA and happy with my decision. I only had time to play around with the KPA for about 30 minutes last night but I am absolutely blown away! I played around with it with my headphones with the headphone space and with a pair of Yamaha HS5's. Needless to say, the HD500 is being demoted to midi controller.