Posts by slateboy

in my experience, calibration is in continuous operation always seeking the min and max values without the need to actually push the button. try it- move your pedal over a short/tiny range for your initial calibration, exit the screen and then move the pedal full range. the kpa will detect this and scale its range accordingly.
    however should you wish this to not be the case youre stuffed and there are scenarios where this maybe an unwanted side effect.

@prsgary , the solution suggested by @paults will mean recalibration is needed so the working range spans across the shortened physical movement, which I'm sure you both know. This probably means you'll encounter the need to recalibrate EVERY time you attach this pedal. See my findings in an earlier thread, explained in this video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'd be very interested to know how you get on so please report back if you use the suggested alteration thanks.

Also tuning a guitar played on its back (bench or worktop) may affect setting up and tuning as the weight of the neck will add some strain/movement, as indeed will an extreme temperature environment. Temperature is definitely the biggest enemy of tuning affecting the strings (on a decent set up instrument)imo.

One thing I have noticed is that if your pot, whether from a recycled wah or something else, does not move through the full sweep range of its mechanical limits you will have to recalibrate EVERY time you connect or disconnect the device. What I perceive as a flaw in the KPA but Kemper tell me is an intentional design is that the KPA does not store the calibrated values for such devices and is constantly in calibrate mode whether it appears so on that page or not. I have requested this from Kemper but they indicate that this is how it will remain.
    3.3 demo here but also applicable on 4.06

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Let's keep it positive, guys.
    my original post was to see who is not using morph. We've established there's some uses and users making use of this clever feature but I was seeking those who, like me, have yet to find a situation that requires this. Seems there's a spilt down the middle. perhaps a poll would have been better?

As much as i'd like to, I've yet to find a practical use for the morph feature in my day-to-day playing. Don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining as its a cool feature and i can imagine many players making great use of it.
    In fact, i've not really gained anything by upgrading from 3.3 to 4.06 other than the remote doesnt "time-out" when moving between banks. I was happy with the old delays- not really noticed any audible change there. Not too thrilled with the increase boot-time but thats by the by.
    I love the KPA and use it like a replacement for a traditional amp+fx setup, ie, boost for solos, occasional chorus/delay, etc and v3.3 done everything i wanted reliably.

So, what I'm asking is, are there other users out there that, perhaps like me, have not benefitted from the latest features/upgrade or maybe hanging on to 3.3 as its suffice to their needs?

That's not quite right !
    After storing new values, the Name of the Output-Preset is prompted. If you choose this Name, then a synonym will be created.
    A Problem then is, you will find two Output-Presets with the same Name and you won't know which one to choose next time.
    So currently you have to save an overwritten Output-Preset under a different Name, or -if using the same name- to dedicatedly delete the former Version.
    You'll find a post concerning this improvement-potential under Feature requests

Agree, the save procedure and duplicate names is a problem but wasn't the basis for my comments.
    I only used this as a brief reference whilst discussing which parameters are saved and which are not.
    And you're right, too, this is a separate issue, anyhow

Went from about 1 min on v3.3 to 77sec on v4.06
    remote adds an extra 25secs on top of that.

it appears the remote has a timeout if not connected within x-seconds. The remote appears to get power earlier on in the boot cycle than previously but turns off after about 60sec then repowers when boot is near to complete adding 25 secs. I did connect the remote after 40-50 secs of boot and it stayed powered as it continued to search for a connection without going off and increased the start time by several seconds. Anyone else confirm this?

OK thanks for explaining. I will check this later.
    Do we know what is by-design setup?
    Is this documented in manual, that all of the output parameters are recalled after restoring saved preset?

Its not something that i've seen explained anywhere. Its one of those articles i find useful to know but is a case of own-discovery.
    I did attempt to add it to the wiki-KPA site (last year) but it think that has deteriorated http://ww1.wikpa.org (having just checked again no site opened whatsoever)

I guess its a bit like being interested to understand how a car engine works- its not the sort of thing they'd put in the user manual for most users as they just get in and drive it. There's no "service" or haynes manual equivalent for the KPA so the only way to learn the depths of it is, like the car, take it to bits- metaphorically speaking, in a technical sense not physically with a screwdriver and hammer ;)

When these presets are recalled/ignored? What action should I perform to check this behavior?

As you might have guessed, you can store output settings for various scenarios.
    If you hit the output button then scroll the browse knob you can find your saved output settings.

to check:
    If you save some "output-settings" (go to output page then hit "store"->"output section") alter values within the output-section then recall the saved "output setup" certain values will be over-written with the "saved" values, but as i have found, not every output parameter is saved/recalled.

Following on from this old thread, I've compiled a list of which parameters and settings are stored/recalled in the output presets:
    If anyone would be so kind as to confirm my findings it could prove useful to others, including myself

OUTPUT PRESETS parameters saved/recalled in presets (FW v4.06)

page 1/6
    main output config = recalled
    monitor output config = recalled
    direct output config = recalled
    SPDIF output config = recalled

page 2/6
    main volume dB= ignored
    monitor volume dB= ignored
    direct volume dB= ignored
    headphone volume dB= ignored
    main out link on/off = recalled
    monitor out link on/off = recalled
    direct out link on/off = recalled
    headphone out link on/off= recalled

page 3/6
    monitor output eq= all values recalled
    monitor cab on/off = recalled (didnt before)

page 4/6
    main output eq= all values recalled

page 5/6
    SPDIF volume= ignored
    pure cab amount= recalled
    headphone space amount =recalled
    SPDIF outlink = recalled
    pure cab on/off = recalled
    headphone space on/off= recalled

page 6/6
    aux in main= recalled
    aux in headphones = recalled
    constant latency = ignored

the ability to LOCK the output section was removed, i believe. i Guess these parameters are global and not per-preset/rig so pointless locking them.

I believe apply will make the new setting permanent. Not using apply and altering the tuning will be temporary until the KPA is restarted at which time it will return to the previously stored setting.

i just done a reboot to confirm this and it appears to have no effect.
    After a reboot the last "non-applied" tuning ref was still present.

Just made the upgrade from 3.3 to 4.06 and one of the first things i noticed that my tuner had been changed from 440hz to something like 429. I notice the quick 440hz reset button- handy.
    As i understand it, if you alter your tuning you need to press apply to "save" it. However, it appears on mine that you can change the value and there is no need to hit apply as its instantly changed, so my question is, what is the purpose of the apply button or is this a fault?

Quick survey out there- Does anyone occasionally encounter earth hum/buzz on their monitor and what is your cause?

I ask as i was running a yamaha DSR112 as my monitor, straight out of the monitor out of the KPA. Some venues, depending on what mains-circuit various bits of equipment were connected occasionally introduced a buzz that could be eliminated with the red 'ground' button on the back of the KPA.

Having recently been using a DXR10 i noticed i am getting a buzz where i never used to before, even at home. I used the jack input on both monitors and it appears the DXR10 has a more sensitive input gain than the DSR12.

I know many in here use a DXR10 so i'd be interested to hear your hum and buzz stories.