Posts by slateboy

In Browse mode, First and obvious answer i am aware of-
    As i understand it a letter "E" on the far right of the screen indicates an "edited" rig- permission to shoot me down if i'm wrong :wacko:
    Often this can be removed with the undo button if an edit has been made.

However, i am noticing that the 'E' sometimes appears when loading certain rigs in browse mode.
    I thought perhaps my locked input and output settings were over-writing parameters and resulting in an "edited" rig.
    Not the case, when i unlock everything the "E" still appears when loading in some rigs.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?
    thanks

Following on from this thread, I've compiled a list of which parameters and settings are stored/recalled in the output presets:

If anyone would be so kind as to confirm my findings it could prove useful to others, including myself

OUTPUT PRESETS parameters saved/recalled in presets (FW v3.1.4)

page 1/6
    main output config = recalled
    monitor output config = recalled
    direct output config = recalled
    SPDIF output config = recalled

page 2/6
    main volume dB= ignored
    monitor volume dB= ignored
    direct volume dB= ignored
    headphone volume dB= ignored
    main out link on/off = recalled
    monitor out link on/off = recalled
    direct out link on/off = recalled
    headphone out link on/off= recalled

page 3/6
    monitor output eq= all values recalled
    monitor cab on/off = ignored

page 4/6
    main output eq= all values recalled

page 5/6
    SPDIF volume= ignored
    pure cab amount= recalled
    headphone space amount =recalled
    SPDIF outlink = recalled
    pure cab on/off = recalled
    headphone space on/off= recalled

page 6/6
    aux in main= recalled
    aux in headphones = recalled
    constant latency = ignored

while we're at it....

INPUT PRESETS parameters saved/recalled in presets (FW v3.1.4)
    clean sense=recalled
    distortion sense=recalled
    input source= ignored
    reamp sens= ignored
    noise gate level-recalled

EDIT: i did notice that my output settings stored in FW 3.0.2 did not correctly recall all settings, notably, the purecab on/off value as it was not available in FW 3.0.2 so what happens is the value does not get changed. You need to re-save your output settings in the new FW for the pure-cab values to be recalled

EDIT 2:
    Wouldn't it be great if there was a geek's manual that had all this info within in?
    might nip over to the wiki page and see whats there....

I keep finding issues since upgrading from 3.0.2 to 3.1.4 either i didn't notice them before or its still a bit glitchy.
    Anyhow- the latest "bug" i've encountered:

Scenario- I have my master volume knob linked to and controlling the monitor output only.
    I have saved my "personal" settings as an output config that i can recall.
    However, when i recall these settings the level of the volume knob (the cross-screen-display that goes from 0 to 10) recalls as stored but the actual "dB output" value is not changed.
    Hence, if my master volume is a value of 2.0 and linked to the monitor output, currently showing -25dB and i turn the master volume all the way up to 10 the dB goes to about -1.6dB, as expected.
    Now i "recall" my output settings which was saved as volume output as 2.0, the volume output now shows "2.0" as expected but the monitor output level still shows -1.6dB
    Therefore the volume-ouput setting has no relation whatsoever. Further more, if up move the volume knob between its minimum and maximum and then back to a value of 2.0 the monitor output now shows -30.4dB

Anyone else?
    (I will submit a ticket on this one)

EDIT:
    i notice too, that even though the "direct link" option is 'greyed-out' on output page 2/6 you can still toggle the option on and off.
    This alters the display on the screen when adjusting the master-volume knob. With it off the adjusting shows me the monitor-volume in dB but with it set to "on" i have a 0-10 "master volume" display. Again i am confused a bit as to why this is an option when "direct out link" option and "direct volume" level are both greyed out (as if they are not available).

Thanks for anyone who is patient enough to assist i just seem to be nit-picking and bug-guessing recently. respect to you.

I originally noticed this issue in 3.0.2 when i made my first post in this thread yet I notice that this issue is still present in v3.1.4
    When at the start of the list the illuminated up/down left/right buttons illuminate up and right, whereas it should be down and right.
    Similarly, at the end of a list the down and left buttons illuminate when it should be up and left.

Not affecting the operation but thought it might have been addressed in the recent FW seeing that it was mentioned in 3.0.2
    dont want to be a moaner- just hoping it helps those ironing out all the little wrinkles in this magically bit of kit ;)

I know there's going to be a blindly obvious answer to this, but i'm too dumb to find it...

What is the purpose of the newly-added system menu function "Perf. Load" ?
    the user addendum v3.1.4 says;
    "added: new “Performance Load” options “Pending”, “Slot 1”, “Keep Slot” replacing “Performance
    Autoload” which doesn't really explain much, to me at least. ?(

Similarly, and on the same system-page, (3/17) there is an "auto favorite" option.
    Can anyone explain the function of this too? :/

Appreciated. thanks all.
    :thumbup:

Me again, having another whinge about another 3.1.4 issue :whistling:....

Perhaps this just needs a little clarification from someone.
    any rigs in your "favourite list" are denoted by a small asterisk (*) next to the rig name.
    As has always been the case, to add a rig to favourites, we push and hold the "rig" button.
    But i notice in the latest FW the asterisk appears a short delay after releasing the button.
    It would be nice if the asterisk popped up whilst holding down the button as an indication of "got it, you can let go now" rather the uncertainty of it displaying later on. (did it before?)
    DIdnt it use to say, also, "rig added to favourites" too at some point to confirm the operation, as well as "this rig is no longer in your favourites" when a second push-and-hold of the rig button occurred?

thanks all :S

This would be a great idea- if it worked as you described.
    However, the flaw in the system that i find is, this only works when you are browsing "all rigs" (on my KPA at least)
    As soon as you narrow/filter your search to "favourites" or "my rigs" (or whatever) this browsing method goes to pot.
    Even when browse mode and performance mode are manually set to the same category/filter (other than "all rigs) they have no apparent connectivity and lose track when changing mode.
    I didnt notice the index/filter getting synchronised between browse and performance mode, so perhaps this is the fault?
    BTW, i have got "sort by xxx" set the same in both modes

Perhaps if the selected filter was retained across browse/performance mode then this would be a great feature.
    For now it seems it is only useful to those who audition "all rigs". I would imagine that most players flick through filtered lists more than "all rigs" when making use of this feature.
    I'd like to see this fixed or returned to how it was before. Just my opinion, anyhow :huh:

Please correct me if i've missed something here.

Thought i saw this issue posted somewhere else but couldn't find it to follow it up...

As i recall, in v3.0.2 when i flicked from browse to performance mode and back, the unit always remembered where it was last time i was in that mode, ie, it went back to the same rig in my chosen list
    Now on 3.1.4 when i flick from browse to performance and back the unit no longer returns to the rig i was previously browsing but returns me to some random rig often many rigs away from the one i last used.
    It does, however, remember the performance rig and location i was in and even edits i have made if i flick from performance mode to browse and back, so its half working.
    I've done a reboot but to no avail.
    You could argue this is not a major issue but a pain the the neck if this is something, like me, you like to make use of. And i'm pretty sure it worked fine before!

Anyone else notice this too?

Those of you who are making good use of Pure-cab; would you say you are mainly a "high-gain" sound/user?
    Conversely, those who are not using PureCab, or very low values, would you say you tended more towards low-gain, crunchy/clean sounds?

maybe a poll on this would be interesting?

Just noticed on the 3.1.4 update that a quick press of the "quick' button does as it does before. But if you press and hold it goes to the system menu (which is the same as just pressing the "system" button)
    Is this intentional and, if so, what's the point, unless the press-and-hold function can be assigned. (steer me correctly if i've got this wrong)
    thanks

Its more a case of i have a bunch of settings that are my regular output settings saved.
    In the event of an unwanted adjustment or if i tweak or experiment i can always instantly recall my "default" preferences.
    Only niggle is saving with the same name doesnt clarify which is the most recently saved. Same for input settings.

cheers

Just updated to 3.1.4 today...
    Can someone remind me, or perhaps just confirm for me, that the settings within the input and output menus (including the new pure cab) are Global, ie, they remain constant when changing between browse and performance mode?
    i know they will vary per rig if not set as "locked" but i wonder if they "carry-over" when flicking between browse and performance mode when set to locked.

EDIT:
    i notice things like the clean sense and distortion appear to change when flicking between performance and browse, even though these are locked but the pure cab seems to be global between modes, hence my quest for confirmation
    thanks all