Posts by gonzalez7711

Those are really good guitars. And P-Rails look like a great match for them. Do you find a big quality difference between the two guitars? Did they sound similar with the original pickups?

Actually I only installed the P-rails on the Sterling model...the original pickups in the Sterling were OK but the Music Man Valentine's pickups have much more clarity. The bridge pickup really does have that tele thing but using the tone knob can get you some p-90 tones as well. Can't say the same about the Sterling pickups. Plus the silent circuit on the Music Man reduces so much of the 60 cycle hum. The Music Man is definetly the higher quality guitar, but I love playing the Sterling. I did have to level the frets on the Sterling but I usually have to do that to most imports I purchase.

Have been jonesing a Floyd guitar for sometime. I started playing guitar in the 90's and my first guitars were all Floyd Roses (Squier, Charvel, Jackson). I also got this because it came with Bareknuckle pups although they are way too hot for me (Warpigs are insane pickups). Thinking about putting in a spare Rio Grande BBQ in the bridge and a SD Jazz in the neck. I've progressed to PRS and Gibson but the nostalgia bug has definitely won me over. Has me thinking about getting a EVH Wolfgang in the future.

Correct weight, Alan. :thumbup:

Gonzalez, are you sure you're not getting clipping at the Kemper's guitar input when palm muting?

By raising the monitoring level as you have, you make it likely that you won't dig in as-hard whilst playing, so I think this could be why you feel you've tamed it but still hear clipping whilst palm muting.

No I am not getting clipping on the Kemper input only on my interface. I actually re-did everything last night. I set the SPDIF signal from the Kemper back to 0 dB, lowered the interface mixer SPDIF level to -1.00db, and raised the monitor levels up some more and no more clipping on the interface and sounds good. I usually keep my monitors at the 0dB center mark but the Kemper sounds much fuller with the levels set above 0dB. Thank you all for help.

Once you're in the digital realm with SPDIF, changing the volume shouldn't affect the tone at all, as long as you're not clipping.

BTW, what do you mean by punch and headroom? People use those terms to mean different things sometimes.

Well when I turn up the SPDIF signal on the mixer it just sounds fuller as opposed to thin which it was before. At first I thought it was just a volume thing but turning up the monitor level only on my interface still sounds thin and less full if that makes any sense. Turning up the SPDIF level on the mixer, decreasing the SPDIF signal on the Kemper to-2.0, and turning up the individual monitors a tad remedied this.

Hi all,

Hope to get some input on this. I have recently started recording again (I mainly play through my Kemper Cab) and have been playing around with the SPDIF level settings on my toaster. My Kemper goes into my Presonus Studio 1824c via SPDIF. Before getting the Kemper Cab, I always found that this setup sounded good but lacked headroom and punch for lack of a better term. The Presonus mixer allows me to boost the the SPDIF signal which I didn't do previously (I always kept it at 0dB and the Kemper SPDIF output at 0dB). I recently started boosting the mixer SPDIF signal anywhere from 1.00dB to 3.00dB and that brought out the punch and headroom I have been missing but then I get clipping on my interface. I remedied this by lowering the SPDIF signal from the Kemper to -2.0dB, set the mixer signal to 1.25dB, and also turned up my ADAM monitors quite a bit and the clipping has been tamed but still feel like I am doing something wrong. The clipping would happen with my Les Paul w/ PAF's and my PRS Custom that has Fishman Fluence Moderns even with taking the clean sense down quite a bit, mainly while palm muting. Again I am happy with the sound I'm getting with the above mentioned setup but just wondering how others are setting up their levels. Thanks

Thanks ST

Yes, I own the Remote but never really use it as I relegated to playing in my home studio ever since I moved away from where my old band was located back in Miami. Thank you so much for the resources they are much appreciated.

Leo

Hi Everyone,

I've owned three different Kempers over the last 7 years and only now have started experimenting with the Cab High Shift and Low Shift options. I have to say that they have greatly improved some of my fave profiles (especially the high gain ones). I find that increasing the High Shift and lowering the Low Shift just makes certain profiles pop (make more "in your face") Just curious if anyone else has had the same experience and how you all use those settings.