Posts by ToneJones

I have a brand new, never used Behringer ULTRA-G GI100 in the factory box if anyone wants it for $30 shipped in the continental US. PM me for details. Sorry for the spam. I didn't see a for sale section on this forum and thought it was relevant.

I don't know about that last comment. Tube amps ..(especially something like Ampeg SVT ) have been rattling away happily on top of cabinets for generation !

What I meant was that vibration + tubes = bad (in terms of lowering tube life) so not too sure about the rattling away happily bit.

Regarding 3.0 and using a DI box to profile a guitar amp, it seems most DI boxes have some sort of non-defeatable speaker simulated filtering in them. Is there a list of DI boxes Kemper can recommend that can be used for optimal results?

I appreciate the support and suggestions.

The speaker isn't mine but belongs to the bass player who owns the entire PA. It is used regularly, has sounded fine for sound reinforcement applications and we haven't experienced any issues with it in terms of being defective/broken. I can therefore only surmise it is operating normally.

I will look into the option of trying something newer as well as some different environments to see if the results improve. I'd be interested in hearing suggestions on some reasonably priced linear near field studio monitors that people have had good experiences with to help dial in tones.

Thanks again.

I realize the point of FRFR is the sound represents the whole chain and what a mic'd up amp is supposed to sound like. This just seemed like a major departure. As for positioning, the speaker was standing upright and I was sitting in front of it.

Is it too much to want both? Meaning, I'd like the profile to sound good both FOH and through my stage monitoring. I realize there likely has to be some prioritizing/compromise and the FOH should get priority but the difference between the guitar cab and FRFR was too great in my brief testing that it felt by the time I tried to find some sort of middle ground I wouldn't care for either sound.

Thanks for the replies. Michael Britt's profiles were actually voiced to be used in a FRFR setup with minimal tweaking. The ironic thing is for me, they sound mostly good through a traditional guitar cabinet with the cab sims off but when I switch them on running FRFR, the resulting sound is as described in my original post. I emailed Michael and he said he rarely touches the output EQ. The problem is if I change the EQ of the actual patch to better fit the FRFR then that also will completely change the sound coming out of the guitar cab. The difference was so immense I could have sworn I had something on or off that I shouldn't have.

I have a powered lunchbox and the tones direct into my guitar cabinet (cab sims off) have been good so I decided to give the FRFR thing a try last night and didn't have a good experience. I connected the left XLR main out into a JBL PRX512, set the main output to mono, and turned the cab sims on. The sounds were very bassy, dull, and murky for lack of better terms. I was using Michael Britt's profiles which are very well reviewed and voiced to be virtually good to go. These profiles sounded nice into my guitar cab but significantly different using the JBL. Am I missing an important step here?