Posts by virango

@kizzer
    In Toaster MIDI settings dialog: Set 'Output Port' to 'USB2.0-MIDI Port 2' and restart toaster. If it's still not working set 'Input Port' to 'USB2.0-MIDI Port 2' and 'Output Port' to 'USB2.0-MIDI Port 1'

Cheers
    Thomas

1. it was built cross-platform. This is great for getting it out to windows and OS X users, but in both cases, the chrome surrounding the actual editing content looks and functions poorly and unlike a true, native app, particularly in regard to key bindings.

What's the problem with multi-platform? Qt is a very mature framework, it exists since 1991. From the technicall point of view it is much better than MFC, the Windows Framework (which imho is just shit). There is a lot of software, which use Qt.
    Key bindings? Has nothing to do with multi-platform ability. Do you want a feature -> open a issue on github.

2. It's alpha. That's pre-beta. It's buggy as hell.

Yes, it is alpha, it may be buggy. But there are no issues opened by a dougc84 on github. No feedback, no fix; simple, heh?

3. You have to depend on the developers to update it. That means when a new Kemper OS comes out, any changes to the OS that conflicts with Toaster means the experience could either not be optimal, or just flat out do something wrong. A Kemper-designed solution would have complete parity with the current OS version.

Toaster is open source. So you are welcome to join the development. The more developers are involved, the faster adoptions to a new OS can be made. Simple again.

Cheers
    Thomas

This community editor someone mentioned. Followed the link, not sure which link to download and install for a mac. I'm assuming it's the Toaster_1.0.100_ALPHA.pkg link. Although, the previous versions had a "DMG" download, which is usually what you use for a Mac. Anyone know?

Yes, it is the Toaster_1.0.100_ALPHA.pkg link (.pkg files are OS X installer packages).

Virango!!! Your are the man... Major props to you for the work and and a very clean alpha! For my needs Toaster is already there.

Thanks from the bottom of my largeness!

Since you're not accepting anything at this time maybe I could make a donation in your name to an organization that's special to you?

This is a great idea. I'll look for an appropriate purpose.

great effort, thank you very much!!!!

did I miss display of REVERB MIX and TIME? (other than hovering over the corresponding knob with mouse?) Could it be made available in a single view in toaster?

Mix and Time can be currently changed with the knobs in the middle.
    But I make a small re-work of all the stomp editors, so it will also be available there.

skoczy schrieb:
    Thanks. When it will be running with 4, be sure I will flood you with bugs and suggestions

Works, tested on mac and windows7 64 bit (Toaster 32 bit); so it seems to be a local problem.

Also tested on a 10 years old notebook with Vista 32 bit -> works.
    Did you try to plug your interface into another USB port?

virango: Will you make it shareware later to get some compensation?
    This would be very understandable seeing that an editor like this is high in demand.

Ingolf:
    No, Toaster is and will stay open source freeware.
    As for compensation: maybe I'll turn it to donationware in the future (one can not have enough gear :) ), when some grade of maturity is reached.
    But for this I'll have to check the legal side (taxes etc.) and if it is worth the effort.

Yep, on 4.02 here and as I indicated Performance mode not working but everything else that I looked at briefly appeared to be working. ( OH yeah, except Delay doesn't work.. Reverb, cabinet, etc. yes).

The Performance mode isn't implemented yet.

Hm, the message should be "Toaster connected". Maybe it is indeed a 4.x issue. I'll check.

Actually current release has many bugs for me. I am MIDI connected , but cannot control any parameter (GAIN, EQ, VOL, stomps, effects) - I have raised issues on github.

All the issues you raised on github point to a MIDI communication problem.
    How are the specs of your PC?
    What cable and PC hardware do you use for MIDI?
    Which KPA OS do you use? (Hint: I didn't test it under 4.x)

Something upcommig (update)? As reported buy the other guys: Tha gain knob works not exactely and also the Volume knob. LEDs are different on my laptop and on the kpa (win7 , 64 bit)

cheers
    Frank

Still working on the next release. Could you be more specific about the gain knob and the LEDs (pictures ?). The problem with the volume knob is known.

Cheers
    Thomas