Posts by HMVMike

A proper first world problem I know this but as I'm sure most of you are aware, the GAS demons are not easily appeased! At the start of the year me and my band mates all decided that this year we'd push the boat out and get our ideal gear so after I've now got what I want the question is what am I missing? What's you favourite random gear/accessory that you just love?

Obviously it'd be great if we could get the expression pedals to control internal effects but it would also be great (especially for those of use go use external effects which can take an expression pedal) to be able to have a Feedthrough to allow us to use expression pedals attached to the remote to control stuff in a rack etc.

Great to have you over here Scott. Your G-System video helped me loads but I moved over to the KPA about 8 months ago now and it's just bloody great. Looking forward to hearing what you come up with over the coming months.

I take it you're going to do a similar thing with presets in time?

I actually think a great future for the Kemper would be to team up with some or one of the quality FX houses like Eventide or Strymon and then offer the option of buying algorithms If the technology can house it. Just throwing that one out there....

My workaround on this is to scroll through the performances on the Kemper once I've plugged in (top to bottom or bottom to top) and then it's all sorted. i've for 50 performances and it takes 30 seconds or so.

In my book a "critique" generally involves some kind of experience of the subject.

Anyone who would suggest that an update is necessary has clearly (and in this instance admitted to) never tried one out.

Do it right, do it once!

It would be great if we could have something similar to the G-System where you can reassign a button to either momentary or toggle and whatever CC you want it to send. It was pretty limited but very useful.

In an ideal world it would be fantastic if were set up as a stomp/effect/X slot, controlled from the remote and then you could select:

1: PC/CC/Note
    2: Latch/Momentary
    3: Value/Velocity

You could also maybe put MSB and LSB in there too but little steps. I'm sure the above, plus the ability to control item 3 with and expression pedal would solve most people's external gear issues? It'd also be a huge help for DAW users eg. for controlling Ableton Session View or similar.

+1 from me.
    with performance mode I have little use in controlling stomps individually as the slots hold everything I need for that song/section. That said it's useful but to make the Remote more flexible and allow it to compete with other midi boards, the ability to send CC/PC off I-IV would be amazing.

I'm using a Ethercon feedthrough on a blank rack plate so the RJ45 is permanently attached behind to the rear of the rack. Saves having to muck around plugging stuff in around the back of my rack too at each gig.

as previously posted, mine was scheduled for w/c 27/4 and it should be with me next Monday.
    So excited to be fair and great timing as I've got a break in the gig schedule so I can do some proper fine tuning of my profiles after retiring the G-System

Always meant to but must have been dragged away by something else at the time. After a good year of looking in on the forum and all thing Kemper after a heads up from a FOH guy at a festival I took the plunge as a Xmas present and have not been disappointed at all*.

After having used my G-System and some pretty epic pedala for a good few years it was going to take a lot to turn my head but turned it was. Still need to make the transition to FRFR but little steps at the moment.

indirectly you've all been so influential in my decision to move over the Kemper and as with the TC forum it's great that the users have a really active interest I the product and development of it.

Happy to be part of a community!

*i love midi but we'll get there!

I ordered about 10 minutes after it was released on the 13th and I'm not getting mine until the end of April apparently. I'd love it sooner of course but we've waited for the Remote for enough years to not let a few weeks taint our experience of what CK and co. do. I have no idea why I'm down the line but I know I'm going to get a quality product, and for that I will wait.

Ps. I'm an early bird too