Posts by HMVMike

I see plenty of profiles with one pedal in front but does anyone use multiples, eg. Tube Driver > Big Muff > Amp?

If so, how does it perform or are there too many variables to make it accurate?

Onlu talking about drives here, although you could include compressors, eq etc in the same camp.

Just a little FYI for everyone! It doesn't matter how many connections you check in your rack, if you plug your guitar into the headphone socket, you don't get a signal!

I'm such a bloody numpty sometimes!

Electric Rig:
    Mesa Boogie Express 5:25
    Fender Blues Jnr. Ltd Edition
    TC Electronic G-System
    Radial Hot British
    EHX English Muff'n
    Suhr Crimson Riot
    EXH Biff Muff

Acoustic Rig:
    Morley Little Alligator
    Boss RC20XL
    Akai Headrush II
    Boss TU-2

All still happily sitting in the studio but rarely used. Can't bring myself to get rid of the pedal, or the amps.

Just noticed that my tuner was set to 440.8?! I might have knocked it at some point but certainly don't remember ever changing it and obviously it's such a slight difference I'd have probably never noticed but just wanted to check no one else's had randomly moved?

I think a lot depends on when you use a wah. If you're in a funk band and it's the cornerstone of your rhythm sound then you need something completely different. If like me in most cases you're pulling it in for lead stuff then a boost can actually be a bonus to make it cut through. As in most cases, other people's settings are helpful but it's horses for courses and trial and error will be your only true answer.

I'm currently using 2 H9's in the loop so at the moment it's both of them on or neither and it would be a lot easier to be able to bring either one in or out independently.

Another use for the CC's which I used to use my G-System for was to trigger events on Ableton. Events can only be triggered by notes or CC's so it'd be great for anyone using backing tracks etc.

As well as having Midi in a performance slot it would also be extremely useful to have the sending of a CC as an effect/stomp which could then be assignable to the remote. That way you switch an external effect on and off without having to switch rigs. Useful features would be Channel, CC mix/max and if the CC is momentary or latch.

This would probably give more flexibility and stop the system menu getting overcrowded.

I tend to have a separate patch which will generally have a bit more delay and mid boost and the volume set to give me 4db across the board. I do have some compression on the desk though to flatten out any inconsistencies across patches so it probably ends up at about 3db FOH.

pretty much what they said ^^
    Allowing assignment of the pedals to a CC would be epic. Min/Max values would be perfect but a full sweep of 0-127 would still be a great help although obviously you'd still have to specify the channel in the menu.

Midi Clock (apart from the minor bug at reset) has been an absolute game changer in my rig for external effect and Ableton connectivity! Love it guys!

Or one of these bad boys (girls)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

True, that's why I use a line driver before the amp which made such a difference when I got it, although that was back in the G-System days as those things sucked tone like hell at the front end without one!

Cables are all handmade and everything's racked. Space is also a challenge now as the rack is full to the brim (it also holds my pa mixer). I also don't particularly want power at the pedal board but have considered the Pedal Train Volto to get around that.

Might try the Mosaic as Ingolf seems a big fan?

Bought one (eBow) a while back and have actually found a song I can use it in. Great on acoustic too!

My current set up is:
    PRS P24 & P22
    Remote + 2 x Mission EP1-KP's
    Pete Cornish LD1
    H9 Max and H9 Core (in the loop)
    QSC K10