Wah way to loud

• I can' adjust my why the way I want it, becourse its a lot to loud.
    my wah volume is turned to -5 but every time I swtich it on, the speakers of the pa system gets almost blown to dust
    is this a knows issue and is there something I can do about it ?

• I also find the wah too loud at times, it pushes my rigs into the red on the output. I can't use wah settings that have too much top end in the toe position like a classic shaft tone because of this. I am using the latest beta but have found this to be consistently the case. I use the CAE stock with the volume in the wah settings rolled back to at least -3 and that seems fine.

• My firmware is 3.02
    De wah settings are:
    Wah wah Page 1: Manual 4.1
    Peak 8.1
    Pedal range +25%
    Peak Range - 41%
    Page 2: Pedal mode :Bypass Stop
    Mix : 95%
    Ducking : <0.0>
    Page 3 Volume 5.0

Problem is at live use when I play true the PA system
    At home the problem is not that big but also louder when Wah pedal is active , even with volume level at -5

• I can' adjust my why the way I want it, becourse its a lot to loud.
    my wah volume is turned to -5 but every time I swtich it on, the speakers of the pa system gets almost blown to dust
    is this a knows issue and is there something I can do about it ?

Are you using the wah in one of the Slot Slots (A, B, C or D)? If you use it in the X slot, it is probably the wrong place for a traditional wah, and would be more likely to cause a boost problem, because the wah's mid boost would be after the amplifier.

• In any case you wah volume setting should not be +5. If it is better at -5 (even if you find that too loud too) set it there.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• Level 0
    mix 60 to 70 %
    pedalrange 29
    main level 0
    no booster in front of the wah stomp
    for clean sounds bring down the mix to 40 or50%
    let me know if this works for you. These are my wah levels and they work well for me, no peaks in the cabs.
    cheers
    Frank

• I think a lot depends on when you use a wah. If you're in a funk band and it's the cornerstone of your rhythm sound then you need something completely different. If like me in most cases you're pulling it in for lead stuff then a boost can actually be a bonus to make it cut through. As in most cases, other people's settings are helpful but it's horses for courses and trial and error will be your only true answer.

• I think a lot depends on when you use a wah. If you're in a funk band and it's the cornerstone of your rhythm sound then you need something completely different. If like me in most cases you're pulling it in for lead stuff then a boost can actually be a bonus to make it cut through. As in most cases, other people's settings are helpful but it's horses for courses and trial and error will be your only true answer.

+1 but this is only a tip to get started. When i use a boost i always put it after the wah or in stomp x.