Posts by LuizPauloDT

Hey everyone,

I've captured some profiles of my TriAxis (V2, non phat modded) and Mark V. I've always loved the combination of TriAxis LD1 Red + Mark V + 4x12 Trad. Rectifier, because of its punchness and aggressiveness. So my main goal was to capture that into the kemper.

As I've read and noticed myself, some amps can be a bit tricky to capture. Luckly, after spending some time reading the foruns and manuals I was able to reach my goals.

Here's how I got there:
    My intention was to capture DA profiles, so I can use them in the future with my PowerHead and a conventional cabinet and if I want a ready to record preset, I can just add IRs to taste.
    I started capturing them using a Behringer Ultra-G Gi100, but the results was not even close to the fill I was looking for. The low end was loose, without control and no puchness whatsoever. When I was almost givin' up, the slave out miraculously showed up and voilà! all the feel, richness and punchness of the my tone could be captured!
    Another thing that really helped me to get my tone into my lunchbox was lowering drastically the power amp master.
    I also have used a scarlett 2i4 in between the Mark V slave out and the Kemper.

Long story short, here is a list of the profiles, which can be found on Rig Exchange, or searching for LuizPauloDT as the author:

Mark V Profiles:

Channel 1

DA Mark V / FM / FatNormal Clean

Channel 2
    DA Mark V / IM / Mark I Crunch
    DA Mark V / IM / Mark I HighGain

Channel 3
    DA Mark V - IIC+M / High Gain
    DA Mark V / IIC+M / M High Gain
    DA Mark V / IIC+M / U High Gain
    DA Mark V - IIC+M / Fluid Lead

DA Mark V / IVM / High Gain
    DA Mark V / IVM / U High Gain
    DA Mark V / IVM / M High Gain

DA Mark V / XM / High Gain
    DA Mark V / XM / U High Gain
    DA Mark V / XM / M High Gain

DA TriAxis Profiles (Using Mark V power amp, @channel 3 extreme mode for huge ammount of headroom and punchness)

LD1 RED
    DA TriAxis LD1R / High Gain
    DA TriAxis LD1R / U High Gain
    DA TriAxis LD1R / M High Gain

TriAxis Factory Presets
    DA TriAxis LD1R / Fac Pre 1
    DA TriAxis LD2Y / Fac Pre 2
    DA TriAxis LD1Y / Fac Pre 3
    DA TriAxis RHYG / Fac Pre 4
    "where's profile #5?"
    DA TriAxis RHYG / Fac Pre 6
    DA TriAxis LD1G / Fac Pre 7
    DA TriAxis LD2G / Fac Pre 8
    DA TriAxis LD2Y / Fac Pre 9
    DA TriAxis LD2R / Fac Pre 10
    DA TriAxis LD1R / Fac Pre 11
    DA TriAxis LD2Y / Fac Pre 12
    DA TriAxis LD1Y / Fac Pre 13

TriAxis Profiles (TriAxis out straight to scarlett 2i4 then Kemper)

John Petrucci Presets (Artist List)
    John Petrucci Squish Lead
    John Petrucci Recto Chant
    John Petrucci Main Lead
    John Petrucci Lead Swell
    John Petrucci Lead II
    John Petrucci Crystal Clean
    John Petrucci Alex

Metallica Presets (Artist List)
    DA Kirk Hammett Lead
    DA James Hetfield Clean

For some reason I was not able to profile the RHY Yellow TriAxis mode. Every time, when kemper finished profiling, the output volume was monstruously higher and cliping. I tried adjusting the volume levels in several different ways without success. IF you guys know how to fix this, please advise me so I can profile that mode and complete the list =D

I hope you guys enjoy these profiles as much as I enjoy the ones that you share with me!

PS: Additional information about the settings on both Mark V and TriAxis can eventually be found in the preset.