Posts by terje_t

Here you go, @sambrox:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Very quickly recorded, I've done nothing to the levels or any kind of editing after recording. Each of the four sections of the clip has each pickup position, starting at the neck for each one and ending up at the bridge.

If you get the time, I'd really appreciate it if you could record a clip using the different pickup positions on the same profile, just to see if the tonal differences are as great on yours as they are on mine. The lack of the grounding wire makes me wonder if there's anything else awry electronically...

Can do! I'll send you a link as soon as I get the time. It might be that my ears are just not as attuned to the differences as yours :)

The thing about the QC issues too is that they're all over the place! My grounding wire was fine, but I've seen other reports of:

* Bad woodwork like you mentioned
    * Misplaced screw hole for back cavity, resulting in one of the screws hitting air
    * Bad plastic bushing for the tremolo (I just received my replacement from Fender Scandinavia yesterday, will try it today)
    * Bad nuts (I'm wondering if mine has a very slight buzz on the high E, others have been more serious)
    * Strings offset on neck, high E too close to fret edge

But, even after all that: it really does play fantastically like you say, and it's such a warm and welcoming guitar to hold. Quite something!

Congrats, sambrox! Another happy (finally...) Charvel GG owner here, mine is the birds eye one. I agree with you about the huge specter of tones from it. I haven't found it to be as problematic as you but I understand where you're coming from.

Another thing I'd add is that it has the most useful tone control I've ever had on a guitar! Love it. Usable in every position :)

Does anyone have good or bad experiences with the Wi Digital Audiolink Pro as an in-ear transmitter system?

I'm considering going wireless (cabled in-ears at the moment), and have been looking for a cheap/good 2.4GHz in-ear system. Seems like there should be a market for that seeing as you can get wireless guitar systems that are cheap and good in that space. But so far I have only found the Wi Digital one. Are there others?

I owned an LD Systems MEI 1000 for a couple months before I went cabled. Appalling sound quality IMHO, farty bass, too much noise. So at this point the other option I see is to spring for something like the Sennheiser EW 300.

Opinions and experiences are very welcome!

I have a thing going on with my remote and I'm wondering if it's related to the 3.1.4 update that I just did or if anyone else have experienced something similar.

Since the update, although I don't know if it's actually related, I've noticed the LEDs on my Kemper Remote kind of flickering now and then. I tried to film it with my iPhone last night but it didn't show up very well. I'd say every 5-10 seconds or so there's a small flicker of one or more LEDs, effect lights that are on might flicker off, or unselected (but enabled) performance slots might flicker on for a moment.

The flickering is really quite quick, I have to stare at it while it happens to really see it, but when I don't stare at it I still notice something is going on because my eye picks up the "movement".

I've tried two different cables, the original and a regular network cable. The issue exists with both. I've also noticed it both at home and at the rehearsal space, so I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with the incoming power.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

I would guess this is a hardware accessory to the Bias app, you probably plug your iPad or iPhone into this thing, and your iOS device will do the processing. So the editor already exists because it's the app that's already on the market.

To put it in somewhat denigrating terms, this is an audio interface with a speaker. Still looks good though, lots of physical controls which I like, and if you've already bought the app maybe it wouldn't be that expensive.

All wild conjecture ;)

These sound great with my Strat! Thanks for a pretty comprehensive profile pack, Kim!

Favourites so far:

KO JMP 1 LEAD - great singing lead
    KO CRUNCH CLEAN - Super nice for strumming chords
    KO CLEAN CHORUS - Nice more subtle chorus, I might have to save this effect as a preset :)

Not exactly sure what you're looking for. As far as I know there is no "recently used" sorting. But:

• are you familiar with Performance mode?
    • have you seen that you can make some rigs your "Favourite" and browse only those?

I see nothing but benefit having an internal metronome. Why not? Are we running out of room? Those wanting to haul around / insert / apply an external click can always do so. All-in-one capacity is much appreciated; in this case, especially when practicing alone with headphones.

Not specifically in regards to a metronome, but as someone who works as a developer for his day job I can tell you that everything you say "yes" to including has a cost. And when I say it has a cost I mean beyond the obvious one for the man hours that go into making even something as seemingly simple as a metronome.

I don't mean to pick on you exactly, I just see a lot of posts in the feature request section that write in the same way, as if there's no cost to including their feature. There is, even if it doesn't seem obvious to you! :)

A few examples, off the top of my head:

* Expanding the user interface to include controls for the feature, possibly complicating life for users not interested in that feature
    * Supporting the feature after it has been developed (bug fixes, having to support a larger code base going forward, with more possibility for error and more code to rewrite when improving code)
    * Stability. Even a metronome on the Kemper probably needs extensive testing, this device has to be rock solid always, no exceptions

Saying "no" in software development is super hard. We always want to give our clients and users everything they ask for! But it is also one of the most important things.

Thanks for the review, @Gary_W!

How does it perform as a little FRFR cab with the Kemper? I would assume the MP3 input would work for that? Could be handy with its compact size.

I've asked this more than once on the Order Status thread, but with no response. There have been some indications that the first non-early birds might have started shipping, but I ordered just 2 days before you and haven't heard anything yet.

Personally I've found the FCB1010 pretty horrible and really wished that I'd kept my Pod HD500 as a midi controller instead - it's not quite as flexible as the Uno4Kemper firmware, but the build quality of my FCB1010, particularly the expression pedals is pretty rubbish. I'd really recommend you hold on a couple of weeks.

Ok! Thanks for the heads up @dvdmonster. I appreciate the input. It's mostly the fiddly setup with Performance mode and the Pod that's getting to me. But that's for another thread. That and the fact that I'd like to sell it before it depreciates further like I said. I'll reconsider now.

Hi,

Maybe this is one for Kemper to comment on. Is there an estimate for when us non-early-bird Remote customers might get ours?

I ordered the 28th of January.

I'm asking because I might be able to get my hands on a Uno4Kemper FCB1010 to replace my Pod HD500X as a controller. I want to sell the Pod HD500X as soon as possible so it doesn't lose its value but I also don't want to pay for the Behringer if I'm getting the remote soon, if you get my drift :)

Any rough indications would be very much appreciated!

I'm sure I'm being a dunce, but how do I get the cabs from this pack onto my Kemper? Can I transfer them using Rig Manager or do they have to go on a USB stick? I'm not with my Kemper at the moment but Rig Manager said something about only being able to open Rig files when I tried to put the cab files into it.

Also: thanks so much again to @timowens for the superb work you've put in!

I was just about to post the same thing, nixxo13! I tried them for the first time at a rehearsal yesterday too, stuck to the V50 Les Paul profiles mostly. They have a superb responsiveness and really cut through without ever sounding harsh.

I haven't totally figured out the higher gain sounds yet, I'm happier with the lower gain on these so far. The higher gain tends to sound thicker and less kind of open than is my taste. Most so with the V100 that I find gets a bit too fat too early. I will play a bit with the settings on the V50, I'm sure I'll be able to tweak it to my liking :)

Edit:

just to say, my impression so far of these is that they might be my go to profiles for a long time. Super happy with them overall. I had some fun yesterday putting in some of the effects from a Guthrie Govan pedal board rundown on YouTube:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't think I'll use my profiles exactly like this but it was nevertheless a fun waste of time ;)