Posts by SalsaShark

Hi all,

I am having trouble achieving the sound/tone of the solo in this video (solo starts at ca. 30 seconds in):

Tom Ibarra Solo

I know there is some octaver stuff going on but I can´t get it to sound quite right. In the video the sound has some xylophone like ring to it but I never really get close with anything I tried.

Also I don´t own any external pedals at the moment and I would like to achieve the sound with the Kemper internal ones.

I hope someone can help me out here! It would be really much appreciated! :*

P.S. please re-direct me to a sub forum if this is not the right place for this kind of request! 8)

Hallo zusammen und frohe Weihnachten :-)!

Ich habe ein Problem...

Ich gehe vom Kemper mit den Main Outputs (Stereo) ins Mischpult. Neuerdings ist jedoch ein Output deutlich lauter bzw. einer leiser als der andere, sodass ich den Pegel am Mischpult nachstellen muss, um einen gleichmäßigen Pegel zum Aufnehmen zu bekommen.

Es ist immer der linke Kanal, auch nach Umstecken der Kabel und auf anderen Spuren am Mischpult. Es sind keine externen Pedale über den Effect Loop eingeschleift. Das heißt, es kann weder das Mischpult noch eines der Kabel sein. Habe auch alle Effekte Kemper-seitig ausgestellt, mit demselben Ergebnis...

Hat jemand eine Idee, woran es liegen könnte? Worst case wäre ein beschädigter Output. Hoffe, dass es eventuell nur eine Einstellung ist.

Danke im Voraus und viele Grüße,
    Patrick

Yeah I keep listening to the samples on soundcloud and youtube. Really digging them... Would be my first commercial rig pack though so I´m still thinking "is it really necessary or can I achieve the same result with free profiles?"...

@Hannes_ITS: Infecting The Swarm is brutal!!! I´m not too much into the growling (as in: I like high screams as well) but the rest is awesome! Is that a Kemper tone you´re using on the album? Tour Germany with Sophicide, please ;)...

Hey guys!

I would like to know what rig you use for your 7-string pleasure! :) Which profiles work better with that lower string or lower tunings in general?

I´m currently using the "Mago - 6505+ Red1" profile and tweaked it a little bit (turned down the basses, lower treble, just a tick more presence and middles). For Stomps I use a Green Screamer to tighten it up even more. I hate those undefined low ends.

Didn´t find a similar thread. But if there is one I didn´t see - just ignore this :D...

The Amp Factory claims (and I believe them :)) to have profiled the Hiwatt 100 David Gilmour used for "The Wall" and "Dark Side Of The Moon" as well!

P.S. I think this thread would rather fit in the "Commercial Profile" section for it is highly unlikely that there are too many famous amps out there for free. Or you split this thread into two (one non-commercial and one commercial)...

Seriously - mine doesn´t. I would definitely have noticed that kind of bar. Thanks for the heads-up anyways. Guess I´ll have to watch it at home then. Pretty sure it has something to do with the format and the restrictions on the workstation.

Sorry but I can´t find it. Maybe the resolution on the PC im working at is not set up right (it does show me some ominous error messages...). It looks like there are more buttons where it shows all the links to the stores but I can´t for the life of me find that chat button :D...

I would love to see you fiddling... eeerrm that came out wrong. Though the essence of it is true - do that Stream :D. I think there will be much to learn for many of us...