Posts by raunch

I just loaded mainstation to copy your song. Sorry, but it moved me. :)

(DISCLAIMER: won't be using it commercially or otherwise though)

Oh man, first of all welcome.

Second, it sounds like I wrote that post.

I hear where you're coming from, family, wife, mortgage, kids and no time to really dig in. Nonetheless the Kemper has actually reduced the amount of procrastination and optimised my time. I love the old Van Halen tone. 80's metal tones are my favourite to be honest but I wouldn't say I'm stuck there. So along comes the Kemper with so many great tones to try out. If you're like me, you might love TopJimi's profiles (no, I'm definitely not affiliated with TopJimi, but I wouldn't mind if he dropped me some free rigs haha). That sounds neither like a blanket nor like an exciter or sonic maximizer. I don't touch my amps anymore but play more than ever. The Kemper is all about WHO does the profiling and HOW it was done. Another thing is training your ears to hear the guitar objectively instead of subjectively, i.e., to hear from a third person perspective. I suggest downloading some isolated stem tracks from your fave guitar tones and comparing directly to the tone you're getting from the Kemper. You might be surprised how close you're actually getting your guitar tone to your chosen tone.

Are you recording songs or just jamming to yourself nowadays?

@raunch , when you say to export the Guitar Pro file as MIDI data, am I correct to assume that is a common feature of tab readers? And is a Guitar Pro file basically considered another standard "class" of file like an audio file or a MIDI file? In other words, a Guitar Pro file could be loaded into most tab readers?

Sonic

Yeah, it's a proprietary binary executable which you need Guitar Pro to load. But once you try the demo or even buy the full-version you can extract any midi track from the song. I highly recommend it for learning songs or riff as well. (I heard some riffage and playing of yours on another thread and it blew me away) but I would still recommend you the program.

The tabs are sometimes lifted from those old cherry lane tab books you probably know. The drums are often reprogrammed. I'm sure this is what you're looking for.

Sincerely hope it helps you.

There are many free guitar pro sites out there. But you do need a tab reader. I have never paid for tabs or midi files except Guitar Pro, which I thought was worth the money.

(NOTE: I am not affiliated with any sites or Guitar Pro)

Google for guitar pro files (i.e. "ozzy osbourne lightning strikes guitar pro"). They often have percussion tracks. You can extract the drum tracks as MIDI and drop them in your DAW. That's how I do it.

Sorry, but I'm not very good with these things. I now have connected my KRK monitors to the Focusrite 2i4. I have got my guitar into front input kemper. I have a trs cable from main output to focusrite but I have no signal. Am I missing something or do I need to connect more cables ?

Hey Hook,

did you get things working? I have your exact setup (Logic, Kemper, 2i4). Shout if you need help, ok?

I use it the following:

1) main out left into left input of 2i4. Main out right into right input of 2i4
    2) Play guitar, you should see the input lights flashing. If you, adjust input on your 2i4.
    3) In logic select the 2i4 in Perferences->Audio
    4) Make an audio track within Logic and select the inputs, click on the circle and change from mono to stereo

That should be it. The main volume on the Kemper also needs to be set to a level that is loud enough for the 2i4's input without overdriving it.

Tell us how it went for you.

Can't listen to the video right now but just an idea: *deleted by mod*

this is not the commercial section of the forum.
    are you affiliated with the mentioned commercial profiler?

Eek! Sorry guys!!!

I'm not affiliated with the profiler at all. Just a fan that enjoyed that particular pack. Sorry if I broke a rule.

Have a look at post 125 from me. What do you think about these fx? It setted them extra high that you can hear the impact of them.

Hi Frank,

I'm loving the Balance/Unlawful tone you're getting at the end in Post 125. Funny you should reply to my post above because I just discovered your "share your new delays" thread. I'll go about reading the TMS Profiles thread and report back later. I have an MXR flanger and a custom shop phase 90, so I will be able to compare the settings directly.

Just bought a kemper a week ago and I'm getting deeper and deeper into Kemperland at this point and it feels like being a kid in a candy store. Thanks so much for sharing!