Posts by Henry-S

Hey everyone,

This may sound like an odd request but I don't really use any of the 'Kemper' default profiles with my Kemper and have gathered quite a collection of professional profiles which more than cover my needs.

Is it possible to use the profile manager to basically get rid of all of the presets in the Kemper so that I can literally have about 30-50 profiles on it that I actually use instead of having about 300 that mean I am constantly shuffling through?

Many thanks for your help

Don't think I had anything on my email, have checked through junk and have searched for Origin. I found my orders emails and download links but not had anything in the past day from you. Looking forward to the update, the clean break ups are sounding fantastic in the demos!

Sods law I then go and find it in junk ...... #fail

going to try em out now!!

I have to just say this is probably one of the best profile collections I have used. No disrespect to other profiles I have but when I have these on it feels like I actually have the amp :)

Requests from me would be lots more clean tones and some pushed cleans/breakups. The amp sounds so good tempted to get one :P

Just bought these as they are exactly what I wanted to see people offering, proper tone matching to recordings!

I would love to see anything like The Used, Pierce The Veil, Biffy Clyro, QOTSA, Pantera (especially lead tones!) and System of a Down

Going to be using them right now!! :D

Well if a guitar has been recorded well in the first place it should just be tweaking the eq to hopefully carve out some space for the vocals?

With recording and mixing my general rule is less is more and always cut frequencies before you start boosting them. The Kemper fits very well into a mix but my advice would be to record a lot of the parts with the spdif and then reamp so you can adjust them. I'm not a fan of recording guitar parts with reverb because it can be so hit and miss.... and once reverb is recorded into a part trying to get rid of it is a nightmare.

But for tone the Kemper with a decent profile more than fits the bill for the style of music you want to play :)

I'm in no way connected to anyone who made the profiles, I wanted to find free ones too...... I'm just thinking that if people charge for profiles then they obviously feel they are decent quality in the first place.

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if any Sans Amps have been profiled for Bass? I am really interested in being able to record my Bass using the Kemper. Currently I use the Ampeg Bass Plugin, which is great.... but it doesn't have a really big growl or saturated sounds. There might even be some good profiles on the rig exchange but I am happy to pay for decent profiles... rather pay and play than spend ages pouring through rig exchange.

Any help with some decent Bass Profiles?

Many thanks :D

My advice would be back down the input volume (the channel volume) and then raise the master output up to compensate for turning the input down.

It sounds like your kemper is almost clipping and that might be leading to this compressed sound?

Hey made a purchase for these and am really pleased to see you will be giving those who have purchased a free update, exactly the thing which makes people want to make a purchase :)

I was going to say that more breakup sounds would be great as the "low gain" profiles are more distorted than I would have thought... but they sound great so I'm not complaining :) the cleans sound lovely so going to try em out in a tune in a bit!!

This is going to sound really stupid but are you sure it has nothing else in the fx loop from the axe.. I'm just saying maybe create another patch on the axe and make sure nothing else is engaged. Also what are you using on the axefx.. does it have fx return/sends? Might be worth checking the levels on that if they are adjustable.

Yes it feels very different but if you work with a lot of "mixed" guitar stuff then it isn't a big change.

When you play through a cab you get the air but you get the sound of the kemper not going through microphones.... but one of the reason I love the Kemper is because I love hearing the processed amps which are already miced up. Your guitar cab doesn't sound like it does when front of house, but some guitarists find it hard to get their head around it.

I love the way I play my guitar on my monitors at home and dial in a tone... take it through my matrix speaker fr and crank it up and it sounds exactly the same but just loads louder :)

I think for me the difference is I am a guitarist who likes mixing, so hearing my guitar like it makes much more sense to me. If you are a guitarist who doesnt mix then the whole sound can be weird because you are not use to the guitar sounding like it. Thats my explanation anyway lol

Yeah I have seen that but I'm more looking for things you can type in for lead guitar sounds, like trying to get that kirk hammett ride the lightning solo sound. I would love to search for someone who has I dunno profiled their closest replicas of artists tones using gear which is similar or the same as theirs?

Just thought it would be a pretty cool thing to be able to do :)

Hey everyone, hope we are all enjoying the kemper??

I wanted to ask if there is any way that you can search for tones via style or sound?

The reason I ask is that it is all well and good being able to find search for all of the different amps but does anyone create profiles that are based on a particular artist like I dunno, Larry Carlton tones, Dimebag tones, QOTSA tones, etc, etc.

I realise that you can obviously dial these sounds in from rigs but I would love to search the rig exchange with a particular guitarist who I want to use as a starting point or solo sound.

Thanks Andy,

I read through the readme but couldn't see anything about the stomp profiles but your explanation above is excellent :) I also was pretty sure that the mics couldn't be adjusted... but seriously the Kemper suprises me every day at what it can do. I played some of the profiles to my band last night and they were really impressed.

The only problem is now the sound is getting so good.... the playing better be the same level :p

Oh wow thanks for the detailed information.... was I being stupid not being able to find that information on the website or in the readme? My feedback would be for newer profile users (owned mine since Feb!) that you could include that information in with it? Only because I am always interested in learning the effects/sounds of different gear :)

Only because part of me thought, oh right so are these stomp settings or full profiles. I mean they sounded great but I didnt know if I was getting something wrong lol!

Also with the profiles, I am right in thinking that the mics cannot be adjusted ? Its not a problem if not because as I said they sound killer but I assumed the amp when miced with a few mics is a blend of all the different mics?

Well I have to say that after playing with The Victory amp bundle I am insanely impressed! :)

I'm mostly into the Rock tones but love cleans and breakups/dirty sounds and this set has them all. I would love to find out some more information about the stomp settings? I mean I'm still learning all things kemper but I love the V-Stomp Klon+ but have no idea what the Klon+ means?

My favourites have to be either The Duchess or The Earl.... but seriously if you are in any doubt £59.99 was money well spent :D

Ha when you have decent gear you have no excuses for being crap, that's the curse of equipment! Been playing guitar for 20 years and started on an encore strat and small gorilla amp..lol :)

I sold all my other valve gear as i use to play a 5150mkii and a 1960a cab but seriously love the kemper