Searching via Style or Tone?

• Hey everyone, hope we are all enjoying the kemper??

I wanted to ask if there is any way that you can search for tones via style or sound?

The reason I ask is that it is all well and good being able to find search for all of the different amps but does anyone create profiles that are based on a particular artist like I dunno, Larry Carlton tones, Dimebag tones, QOTSA tones, etc, etc.

I realise that you can obviously dial these sounds in from rigs but I would love to search the rig exchange with a particular guitarist who I want to use as a starting point or solo sound.

• Yeah I have seen that but I'm more looking for things you can type in for lead guitar sounds, like trying to get that kirk hammett ride the lightning solo sound. I would love to search for someone who has I dunno profiled their closest replicas of artists tones using gear which is similar or the same as theirs?

Just thought it would be a pretty cool thing to be able to do :)

• If people put the word(s) into their rigs you can find them with a search - encouraging people to do that is a good idea :)

Davoli Carlton LP
    KH1 Kirk Hammett
    KH2 Kirk Hammett
    KH3 Kirk Hammett
    DIMEBAGNYC

Some other people have done it, too. You can get results searching for Zakk, Floyd, Vai, Queensryche, SRV, Holdsworth, Metal, Jazz, etc.

Also, search the "Free Rigs" forum for artist/song names - you may find recommended sounds there.