Posts by Monkey_Man

Thanks for all the tips fellas. I'm a PC guy, so after a full search of the computer for .kipr files - I found that the only hard copies were the ones I physically placed.

On Mac here. The only "hard copies" (.kipr files) I have are the ones I downloaded from the forum, the ones I bought and the copies resulting from my drag-and-drop RM backup.

This is only relevant in the context about to be provided:

Once I drag them from their home folder into a rig manager folder, rig manager creates an index file which refers to them. When I add a file from the Rig Exchange to Rig Manager, that works a little different. In that case .kipr files are downloaded and kept in a temp folder in AppData.

As far as I can tell, no reference is made to the original files for me; I can do anything I want with them.

My equivalent of your AppData folder is probably the Application Support one, where I assume this data, as well as copies of whatever I drag into RM from the Finder (OS GUI), is stored. It's not in a recognisable format (to me at least); I figure it's Kemper Secret Stuff™ and leave it well alone other than to drag the Kemper folder from App Support as part of my backup regime. Same applies to the Kemper folder in Documents. I've no idea what's in there, but I back it up nevertheless.

The Kemper Team™ will tell you (I think) that there's no need to do all this OCD-style backup, and that the Backup menu function in RM covers everything, which I've no doubt it does (I use that too!), but I like to keep copies of all RM folders as .kipr files as well as copies of the Kemper folders "just in case" anyway. This is a reflection of my anally-retentive nature as well as my incredible love for my KPA and profiles and fear of losing them.

I get it now though and soon I'll have some nicely organized folders of sick amps. Just found that old/rare amps sticky in the free profiles forum. Man is this stuff cool and fun!

Isn't it? It's ridiculous IMHO.

Perhaps I appreciate it more than some due to having endured modelling for 25 years as my exclusive (if you could call it that!) source of tone before jumping the plank.

Awesome. Just bloody awesome. Love it more every day.

Thank you for trying for me, Guido. I appreciate that mate.

However... FB is blocked for me. That means the site as well as any sneaky attempts by the company to gather stuff about me.

When I click the picture, I get the message "Safari can't ope the page xxxxxxxxxx.xxx because Safari can't connect to the server Facebook.com".

This is how I like it, but seeing the cover picture is killin' me bro'; I can almost hear it!

Oh, and to quote my favourite maestro, " I can't say it over and over again how much I LOVE you!" too! :P

Man, your hand is so fast I haven't figured out what the Hell you've been doing when you do that stuff. I just haven't had the opportunity to slow the clips down at those points yet. Don't tell me what's going on please, Sticky; it'll be fun to work it out and who doesn't like a bit o' mystery?

Last week with the skateboard guitar I assumed that even 'though it looked like you were doing something with your hand, you might have been quickly applying pressure with your forearm (part between elbow and wrist) to the body so you could push the neck forward with your left hand for downward pitch bend.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe it's a very quick harmonic (1 octave) tap as your hand travels past the strings... at lightning-ninja speed!

It'll be a few days 'til I can view it on the big screen; if I can't figure it out I'll ask the Stick-Man. :D

I'm thinking the plink you hear is the pick noise on the strings. There were two instances toward the end where it was overbearing. Depending on the type of pick used it can be worse or less. Some call it chirp.

You, Sir, are correct.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough all along; I thought I had been, describing this as "plink" 'cause in the case of the Axe, the pick chirp often sounds this way to me. All too often in fact.

FWIW, I described the two main phenomena in chronological order - first the plink, followed by the 200 or so milliseconds of plasticky character, pointing out that the plasticky character immediately follows the attack edge of the waveform.

When you think about it, "plink" couldn't logically describe any other aspect of the overall tone, except perhaps fret buzz, which hasn't been apparent in this thread.

Long explanation, I know. I just wanted you to know that from my perspective I thought I was being specific enough, and I'm sorry that you had to be left wondering which particular part of the tone I was referring to.

Awesome, mate.

Thank you so much for pressing on. Not only is it the best thing for you to do for yourself IMHO, but it's the best thing for all of us too. A double-whammy deed, dude. Woohoo!

Thank you once again, Gerald!

Awesome, Raoul!

It's the gift that keeps on giving, for sure, just like the perfect partner who you love more every day. Seeing as I don't have a partner, all my love goes to the Kemper... and you guys!

Can't really add anything to the wise words offered so far; they seem to cover all the logical stuff. Ultimately, it's your decision, Snake... unfortunately!

I will say this 'though: I've always felt that although the toaster looks way cooler live, I'd feel more comfortable using the rack in a sturdy housing. It would sit more securely, much like a head, on a cabinet. I'd not be worried about accidentally knocking it onto the ground, whereas with the uber-cool toaster...

Welcome to the forum, Snake!

@djemass: Shit happens. You're a true gentleman, so I don't think anybody is blaming you.
    Stay active in the forums as your contributions are always helpful and valid.
    Sincerely,
    Ingolf

This!

So glad you're back already, Gerald. You're a star of the community as far as I'm concerned, and we need you!

I don't know how I missed this thread until now, and I feel really bad that I wasn't here to pump up your tyres when you most needed it, mate. Please forgive me and my incompetence.

I assume that pack 2.7 and anything beyond that will appear / reappear when the time is right? I'm a little behind and am only up to 2.4.1. No pressure at all - just keen not to miss out on your latest and greatest efforts man. I'll watch this thread like a hawk now that I've found it.

Everyone together now: Welcome back Gerald, hang in there mate, and we all love you man!

This is to show how real the Axe can sound. Really I can hear burning tubes in here!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And I made a profile :)

Share the profile or it didn't happen. LOL

Seriously, dead-man, that was better again for me - much better; only a little plink evident towards the end, and way less plasticky to boot. Honestly mate, well done! You can tweak, brother.

At some point we're gonna have to hit you up for a batch of profiles, man. Maybe once you've developed a bit of an arsenal? At the rate you're going it shouldn't be long before you've a nice little collection going.

Again, well done!

EDIT: Edited to remove the dreaded "</p>" stuff..