Posts by Toneseeker

The profiler doesn’t require a lot of DSP to run profiles. Not sure why you think power is a limiting factor when they’ve said the opposite many times. The only time I hear complaints of the Profiler’s performance is discussions like this.

I never said that running profiles required massive DSP. That is one of your straw man arguments. And here is where you claimed I and others making feature requests were "complaints".

You’d know it if I were trolling. The words that come to mind reading your post are ad hominem.

You don’t agree with me? Nor I you.

Cope.

Your blathering in the Feature requests forum claiming the requests wished for here are "complaining" is missing the very point of this space as are your straw man arguments. Those are the acts of a troll and something you alone are left to "cope" with.

Ruefus, in my last posts, I wrote about where I could see improvements in the Kemper's realism in regards to dynamics, more simultaneous effects and its related routing, more loops and outputs and as the thread is titled, the ability to use two profiles simultaneously.. I know it would take more processing power to achieve these thing. I also stated I think the Kemper is a great product, still the best of its kind, that's not complaining. If you are happy enough with what you have, then you should just troll on. It appears this thread is not for you.

Christoph had also said audio over USB was not possible and here it is. Computer processing power has come a long way in the last 13 years. Besides dual processing for giant amp tones or being able to dual process an instrument with mag and piezo pickups, it would be cool if a guitar and bass player could use the Kemper simultaneously for a recording. As good as the Kemper is and I think it is great, I still think there is room for improvement to have an even more realistic emulation of amps. Particularly in the dynamics part of playing a real tube amp. The change in volume and gain as you dig in harder and the waya real tube amp clean up (power amp distortion) when an instrument volume is rolled off. In that regard, the profiles to me don't quite act like the real thing. In addition, for me, more flexible routing and increased power for effects definitely is a big part of what I think will eventually be a Kemper 2.0

One thing to realize is that this question makes the rounds here at least a few times a year.....

The idea of a Kemper "2.0" has been thrown around, asked about and 'foretold' pretty much since the Profiler was released in 2011....To me, the only way that would happen is if Kemper found a breakthrough equal to the invention of profiling. Something truly groundbreaking that no one else has done and that current hardware can't run. Releasing a new unit with a few bells and whistles added to the existing tech is....pretty much the next OS release.

I disagree, Eventually there will be a new model with more features. Just a fact of life with audio gear. A 2.0 will surely have higher resolution and have even more realistic profiles. It will certainly have power for more effects to be used simultaneously. I would also assume it would have more outputs and flexibility and I would have both separate mono and stereo effect loops at the same time. That said, all the updates over the years I have been very thankful for and have made the Kemper a fantastic investment and tool for both live and studio use.

......You can sort by gain. Does that provide a helpful option perhaps?

No really. Not all of my lead tones have a ton of gain and more important for me, sorting through profiles by gain, I would still have to manually skip over my favorite bass profiles looking for a clean guitar tone. I think my solution would be easy to implement and be helpful to quickly navigate a Kemper that has many favorite profiles on it.

I would love to see this in a Kemper 2.0. To be able to combine 2 different amps. Not only for a massive tone but more importantly for me, to be able to use the Kemper with a guitar and bass that has both magnetic pickups and piezo pickups. That way each could be processed separately and then combined internally or using individual outputs. Not only using seperate profiles, but utilizing separate effects and placed into the stereo pan.

I mentioned this a few years back. We have a "Just Bass" filter, why not have a "Just Guitar" filter on the front panel as an option? I play both instruments and have amassed many presets on my Kemper. When playing bass, it is helpful to just scroll through my just bass presets. When looking for a guitar tone for a part, it would be helpful to have a just guitar to filter out the bass presets or even better, a clean, crunch and lead filter to help with scrolling through many presets,. I know I could make favorite folders using Rig Manager but often, I am just using my Kemper stand alone controlling from the front panel knobs. Does anyone else have this wish? It would be very easy to add it to the OS.

"Any word on when these effects might be available?"

I hope soon! I'm really looking forward to this update. In the Tone Junkie youtube from Namm 2 months ago, Christoph said he thought it would be released in weeks, not months. I check the download section everyday with fingers crossed.

OMG! What many including myself have been waiting years for. Updated Tremolo coming to us in a matter of weeks. Vintage tube style trem, harmonic trem and modern slicer trems. They all sound great! I can't wait to try them myself.

Kemper is the gift that keep on giving.

I love my Kemper but where I could see useful improvements in a Kemper 2 is:

Better dynamic range. On just about every profile there is a static quality to the sound and feel where the tone is not nearly as touch sensitive as it is with a real tube amp. With a real amp, when you play light there is one tone and as you progressively dig in, not only does the sound get louder, but with many amp and settings, there will be progressively more gain as you dig in.

I would also like to have mono and stereo effects loops usable at the same time.

Lastly, it would be nice to be able to play 2 profiles at once and add to that stereo inputs so that if you are using a guitar with a piezo pickup, sending that and the magnetic pickups separately to two different profiles would be very cool.

When going through Rig Manager I can't seem to load the next rig by choosing it from the keyboard. The only way to activate it is by double clicking on it with the mouse. This becomes tedious and is a recipe for RSI when going through many presets (rigs). I am able to scroll down with my arrow key to the next preset where it turns black but when I click the return key or the enter key nothing happens. Does anyone else find this annoying?

I have a powered rack and one unpowered cab. To go stereo, I would need only a powered Kabinet at $789.

Otherwise, a second unpowered Kab for $480 and the stereo amp for $399 = $879 <--- more expensive plus you loose warranty??

I'm pretty sure my math works.

What I was pointing out with the British Audio mod is that it is possible to convert the existing Kemper / Ice power amp from mono to stereo. Its not a replacement. It also appears this could have been done originally by Kemper with a slightly different design and an extra output jack. I think they really missed the mark by making their power heads a bridged design and I think they missed a lot of sales too. I certainly would have bought the powered version if it had been a stereo powered head! Hypothetically, if that had been done at the factory, you wouldn't have lost any warranty and you would have been able to save a lot of money having the ability of using 2 passive cabs for stereo instead of what you suggested.

That is interesting. But more expensive than adding a powered Kabinet.

Not if you were going stereo. Currently the powered cab cost $380 more than the un-powered cab. What I am suggesting is adding the same power amp which is currently used in the power heads which cost $426 more than the un-powered toaster. If that amp was modded to be able to use it mono bridged or stereo that would actually could be a cheaper solution than using two power cabs.

Here is a company (British Audio) that mods the current Power head's from Kemper and converts them from 600w mono to 300w per side stereo. So it can be done using the existing amp. I think it's the perfect time for Kemper to make this mod a stock feature. It would also solve the problem others seem to be having with the current 200w powered Kone cab's which some have reported not be loud enough.

https://britishaudio.com/produ…-300w-stereo-modification

"This modification takes your mono 600W amplifier and converts it into 2 x 300W amplifiers with Left and Right outputs. We take care of your rear panel as well."