Posts by chriscav1

Lightbox. Problem resolved. My mac is back in action. The reinstall did the trick and i did not lose any data. Message to Focusrite with my concerns sent!! There should be a clear warning on their Download Page that High Sierra users could encounter problems of this nature with the 6I6. its no use putting these issues buried away somewhere on their website. you only find them when you are trying to resolve the issue after its happened. thanks again for the help. Now onto try Damian Greda's Toast ME software!

Sorry to hijack this thread but there appear to be some people who have more knowledge on issues with the focusrite 6i6 than me!

So here is my issue. I bought a brand new focusrite 6i6 to take advantage of the spdif and midi capabilities. i installed the software from the website (bundles etc ) and the software asked me to restart my macby (macbook pro is a 2016/2017 macbook pro with touch bar on high sierra). this is where the problem starts.
    basically the issue is that the macbook pro restarts until if gets to the login screen. after login the white progress bar basically hangs around 75% of the way. nothing seems to work to get it to boot into the operating system. it clearly a problem with the focurite software and there is some info on this on their website https://support.focusrite.com/…atible-with-macOS-Sierra-. about this problem. the solution provided suggest you remove the software but the issue is i can't even get past the login screen as it hangs. i can't boot into safe mode for some reason also.

A last resort is to completely rebuild my mac which i am very reluctant to do. I've contacted focus rite via Facebook and waiting for a reply.

does anyone have any ideas ? thanks

I think a kemper 2 or kemper floorboard must be in the works. Pure speculation on my part but it just makes commercial sense. It would also make sense to include an editor that is also backward compatible with the kemper 1. I can’t see the point of developing an editor exclusively for kemper 1 now if you are already know a new product with a better feature set is being developed.

Do I need it? I don’t think so. I’m concentrating on getting the most out of the kemper 1 and playing guitar!

A shout out to any Matrix Fr12 users out there!. I have recently bought a powered FR12 (coming from a Hot Rod Deluxe Combo) and interested in hearing any feedback from Kemper users.Good or bad!
    I would be also interested to hear how you tweaked your profiles to adapt to the Fr12. Did you have to use much EQ to get good clean and dirty profiles that will cut through in a live band situation.
    Also, the FR12 is a 12 inch speaker, are profiles for cabs with 1x12s likely to deliver a closer version of the original? that say profiles with 2x12s or 4x12s? T :) Thanks

I'm trying to use the boss fs 5u momentary switch pedal to create a volume lead boost on profiles. When I connect the pedal and change the pedal to volume in the system settings I have a constant auto increase and decrease of the volume that I can get rid of. If I look at the calibration of the pedal and the volume (cc07) parameters in the pedal links screen it shows this moving constantly and suggests there is somehow some midi data that is causing this. Can anyone help to pin point the problem? Many thanks