Connecting boss fs 5u momentary switch to control volume boost

• I'm trying to use the boss fs 5u momentary switch pedal to create a volume lead boost on profiles. When I connect the pedal and change the pedal to volume in the system settings I have a constant auto increase and decrease of the volume that I can get rid of. If I look at the calibration of the pedal and the volume (cc07) parameters in the pedal links screen it shows this moving constantly and suggests there is somehow some midi data that is causing this. Can anyone help to pin point the problem? Many thanks

• If you want to switch a boost on/off via your momentary switch, add a Booster effect to your Rig e. g. a Lead Booster in Module D. Then assign Stomp D to your momentary switch. Now the switch will toggle Module D on/off.

While the booster effect and its settings in Module D are Rig specific, the assignment of Stomp D to your momentary switch is global. So the switch will always toggle Module D regardless what is in there and you could place different effects with varying settings in Module D by Rig.

If you configure your momentary switch as a Volume Pedal, it won't toggle between 0 and 127. A latched switch would. Your momentary switch would be treated as an open cable while its contact is open and the Profiler tries to autocalibrate the missing pedal. This is causing the oscillating volume that you describe. To control Volume Pedal you require an expression pedal.