Posts by themegabacon

I'm in the same boat. I haven't found a Friedman profile (BE-100 or other models) that really does it for me. I find that some Marshall profiles ( My favorite being the JCM 800 profiles from @r_u_sirius ) do a better job of approximating the Friedman 'thing' than most of the actual Friedman profiles I've tried.

I've owned a pink taco (roughly the BE channel) and I've tried the smallbox and BE-100. They are jaw dropping in person and even some youtube videos will at least give you a taste (

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ). IMO the biggest issue with the profiles that I've tried (admittedly I'm sure I haven't tried them all) is that they don't come close to emulating the dynamics that to my ear make Friedmans some of the best sounding amps. For that same reason I love the JCM 800 profile I mentioned earlier. It does an incredible job of cleaning up with the guitar volume but retaining a real sweet top end and deep lows (something Friedmans do extremely well).

Another set of my favorites are the JCM 800 profiles from r.u.sirius. I played around with three of his JCM 800 profiles here:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Glad that worked out. Pretty new to this whole thing as well so I'm not sure how much help I can be on the rig exchange question but I have found that you'll probably find at least a few good DI profiles just searching for "direct" though that's by no means a comprehensive search for DI profiles.

As for it not sounding good through a cab... as Kempermaniac mentioned make sure you're turning off the cab portion of the stack when you're listening through a cab (though you may be doing this already) if it is not a DI profile. I believe you can globally turn off cabs for the speaker out but I haven't dug that deep yet.

Let me know how it works out. I bought the power head recently and I've only played through a cab sporadically so far and never at high or even moderate volume since the only cab I have on hand is a 60 watt single 12" 16Ohm. That said even at low volume it has sounded good through the cab as long as I remember to turn off the cab portion of the stack for non-DI profiles.