kemper monitor out into cab is distorted when using clean profiles

• So i can't seem to find anyone with the same problem on here - I'm sure I'm probably doing something stupid but need help

so kemper is working great using the main outputs into apollo interface and hs80 monitors

I'm really keen to use the kemper live so i used the monitor output to go into a cab with vintage 30's

firstly its rather quiet and the sound is a more dirty than through the studio monitors - when i turn the volume up to the cab it gets really really distorted and its still quiet considering its a 600 watt power amp

what on earth am i doing wring here?

help me obi wan your my only hope

• As i predicted

i was being a complete idiot - using the monitor out rather than speaker out!

So sorry guys - i will catch up

interestingly though - the profiles i found and really like do not sound very good out of the guitar cab - i assume this kemper to cabinet thing only sounds good when using profiles that have been made using a DI direct from the amp?

how does one go about searching for these DI'd profiles in the rig exchange?

• Glad that worked out. Pretty new to this whole thing as well so I'm not sure how much help I can be on the rig exchange question but I have found that you'll probably find at least a few good DI profiles just searching for "direct" though that's by no means a comprehensive search for DI profiles.

As for it not sounding good through a cab... as Kempermaniac mentioned make sure you're turning off the cab portion of the stack when you're listening through a cab (though you may be doing this already) if it is not a DI profile. I believe you can globally turn off cabs for the speaker out but I haven't dug that deep yet.

Let me know how it works out. I bought the power head recently and I've only played through a cab sporadically so far and never at high or even moderate volume since the only cab I have on hand is a 60 watt single 12" 16Ohm. That said even at low volume it has sounded good through the cab as long as I remember to turn off the cab portion of the stack for non-DI profiles.

• Thanks for all your help guys

things are sounding great now - there was also a problem with particular cab i was using too which was adding loads of mid range honk

I've changed the global settings and the cabinet for that matter it works great

I'm not really preferring the DI profiles overall after trying out a bunch but will keep experimenting - the Michael Britt profiles are amazing and are probably all i will be using - highly recommend

next job is integrating the eventide H9 somehow

thanks again