Posts by Jose7822

I agree.

Better yet, I wish Kemper would announce new features the moment they are available rather than tease us and then have us waiting for months. Or, at the very least, sure tease us, BUT at least gives us more than just a Spring Reverb. A beta firmware with at least 2 Reverb types would have eased the pain (for me at least). I almost never need a Spring Reverb. A more common type, like a Hall type from the new verbs, is more up my alley.

Anyway, the first option (announce only when ready to release) is still my preferred option.

If its a rig where you dont need expression volume control set the range to “0” in the rig settings.
    I fell foul to this at sound check the other day thinking one of my performance rigs was way quieter than the others. Possibly my expression pedal was less than 100% and the volume rig range set at -5
    Stupidly i adjusted the output volume to match before i realised the error. Pretty sure i always park my expression pedal at full toe position but at least this “fix” ensures i have the full/fixed volume wherever my pedal position is. Not nice to create self doubt and have to adjust presets at soundcheck- rather leave edits for rehearsal time.

Given that I haven’t gotten a response regarding a different behavior for volume pedal position, I guess this is my best option. Thanks for the suggestion!

UPDATE #2:

OK, so I’m currently at my church gig because, of course, it had to happen now and not while I was troubleshooting it at home. But at least I figured out what’s going on. Basically, I have to make sure that my expression pedal is all the way down to the toe position BEFORE I switch to a patch that has the Wah engaged. Otherwise my volume level stays at the position I left it in before switching over, which might be complete silence, to the patch that has a Wah block enabled.

Now, the question is, Is there a setting in the Kemper that changes that behavior so that the Volume level goes back to nominal when switching rigs that have the Wah engaged (But NOT those that don’t have a Wah block engaged) in performance mode?

UPDATE:

I spent some time today trying to recreate the issue, but it all was working as expected. With my luck it’ll happen again mid gig this weekend. I’m sure it’ll happen again eventually, and hopefully I’ll be able to troubleshoot it then. Until then!

If you are experiencing a "loss of volume" it is always a good idea to narrow in, if this is related to any particular volume parameter. If you have an expression pedal controlling Volume Pedal in the PROFILER, check the volume bar on page Pedal Links in System Settings. Is the level of that bar corresponding to the issue or not? If not, the loss of volume might be caused by something else. If yes, further analyze, what is causing the unexpected behavior. Is it perhaps a broken TRS cable or defective expression pedal?

If you are using an expression pedal to control Wah Pedal and have Volume Pedal linked to it (WahPedal to Volume is active), then make sure your operating system is current. We introduced a fix in 5.3.0.

Thanks for your suggestions!

I haven’t had time to troubleshoot the issue, but I will (I NEED to, due to gigs). FYI, the OS version I’m on is v.5.5.2. And, like I mentioned earlier, I do have WahPedal to Volume active.

BTW, the loose part in my Remote ended up being a loose screw. All fixed now!

Kemper Support was quick and they said it was OK for me to open the Remote to see what was up.

Still need to figure out the Expression pedal volume issue though.

I do like to have the ability to dim my volume though, so I need this to work. Maybe I’m missing something, so I’ll report back if I find anything. Thanks for the tip though!

At least for me, it’s not morphing because it’ll happen even when I change from patch to patch in a Performance. I can’t remember if going to another Performance helps it (but I THINK I already tried that without luck). I have to either restart the Kemper OR disconnect the expression pedal and switch to another Performance.

Also, this happens even if I don’t have a Wah FX in the patch. I do have Wah>Volume ticked in the Kemper though.

I don’t mean to be anti P&W or people that use lots of reverb in general. Each to their own. If it works for the person using it then it works; end of story. It’s all just personal taste and totally subjective. I can’t handle it, but I fully accept that is more of a reflection on me than a criticism of anyone who does use lots of reverb and/or delay to create their own vision of the perfect sound.
    If you “LOVE IT”that is all that matters. Keep rockin’ those reverbs for all they’re worth :)

No worries :-).

I too agree that too much Reverb/Delay can be a horrible sound, especially if you think back to a lot of the music from the 80’s. But if you do it with taste, you can still have lots of FX, still hear the guitar perfectly fine, AND make it sound great! It’s all about how you tweak it. But I guess it can be a sound some people may not like at all.

Example of something that is drenched in FX and sounds awesome, IMO:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Are you using an expression pedal?

Assuming you are, I’m having a similar issue and I’ve isolated it to either the expression pedal, the TRS cable that connects it to the Remote, OR the Auto Calibration feature in the Kemper. Maybe this is not the same issue you’re having, but I’ve noticed that my sound would get completely cut off (or it may be considerably dimmer) after some time using the expression pedal for volume. Not sure what’s going on.

Also, there is something loose inside my Remote. It could be the issue, but I’m afraid it may void the warranty if I open it up to see what it is that’s loose. Anyone know if opening the a Remote would void my warranty?

I’m one of those P&W guys (I play a little bit of everything actually) and I LOVE IT!

That’s why, even though combining the current Reverbs with the new Delays gets me there already, I’m really looking forward the new Reverbs. But you can get AMAZING sounds right now if you take the time to tweak the FX in the Kemper.

What Jose7822 has written should work from my research although I never tried it. You could possibly add a 2 button switch to switch profiles on the Kemper if you need a clean and a dirty channel along with helix effects. I myself was going to attempt such things but made it as far as controlling the Kemper with the Helix and gave up on it.

The problem is he needs a power amp to go into the cabinet and the Kemper is the only one he has right now, so that method I described above won’t work for him.

If I were him I would just use the Helix as a MIDI controller. The effects in the Kemper are more than enough to cover any gig, unless he wants the synth oscillators and filters that the Helix offers. But as a backup rig, I wouldn’t bother. That’s me though :-).

If you’re just using 1 amp as your pedal platform, then you don’t need a MIDI cable. Simply hook up the Kemper into the Helix in 4CM and set up all the effects in the Helix however you want.

You’ll want to place an FX Loop block in the Helix as a replacement for an Amp block, since the Kemper is acting as your amp in this case. No need to do anything with the X block in the Kemper. You wouldn’t want to hook up the Helix into the Kemper as that won’t be optimal (in terms of flexibility), IMO. Plus, that would require MIDI programming. I’m sure you can find videos on YouTube on how to set this up. I believe Line 6 has a couple of them on their YouTube channel. You can also find this info by searching online.

Honestly, if you’re just wanting a quick replacement rig I would simply use the Helix until you get your amp back. This setup is more hassle than its worth if it’s not gonna be used frequently.